“Good choice for the neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milwaukie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland, Oregon
“Good choice for the neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We needed a room for guests for two nights near Sellwood in SE Portland. Based on online comments, we chose this motel because by the time you add parking, the other choices were expensive or rated very poorly. The Econo Lodge is not fancy but the room was clean and spacious. It is an older motel run by an older East Indian (?) couple. The nice thing was that it had a sitting area with a sink and microwave when you first enter the room. There was a half divider to separate the sitting area from the two beds. The fridge was was along the wall between the TV. Our guests said they would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Traveling over the holidays, hundreds of miles, the reception was quite favorable, and as smokers a hotel stay can become an issue of comfort, as most places do not offer smoking rooms anymore, and if they do you most likely will not be otherwise pleased with the accommodations. THIS stay was beyond compare, value Plus, the room's amenities included a sitting area with couch, fridge, sink, microwave, tv, and the king size bed area around the corner included a in room spa, and tv!! What more can be said, most enjoyable and VERY affordable!!

• Stayed December 2012
Rochester, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We used Trip Advisors reviews to choose this hotel for a one-night stay. The room was clean and sufficient, though no coffee maker in the room. It was 39 degrees outside and about 45 degrees in the room. There had been no heat at all on and we were forced to sleep in our clothes to be warm, though it did warm up after about 5 hours. The pillows were horrendous and my husband had to take 12 Advil over the next 12 hours for neck pain. But the worst part was the rudeness. The person that checked us in at night was there in the morning. He is not a happy person and does not belong in the hospitality business. We left there in a horrible mood after his treatment of us, starting our day off mad visiting family for the Holidays. I am surprised when I look at the dates of these other reviews on Trip Advisor and it makes me question the true value of this website overall. I travel about 6 months a year and don't stay in this type of hotel, however hospitality can be found in ANY quality or type of hotel, and this one doesn't have it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GMOR031, General Manager at Econo Lodge Southeast, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
First I want to thank you for leaving us a review. We take our reviews very seriously at the Econo Lodge Southeast and upon reading your review we cannot verify what room you had stayed in. We are sorry but we do not provide in-room coffee pots or do not advertise this amentiy for our hotel, but we do offer free coffee in our hotel lobby for our guests. Extra pillows are always available upon request, and we are sorry you found our pillows to be uncomfortable. We have brought your comments of rudeness to our front desk staff, and proper training has been implemented. We take great pride in our hotel and are an award winning hotel by Choice Hotels International, we hope to see you the next time you are in Portland Oregon.
Billings
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Staff was very accommodating when we needed to check in early. Room was very nice and comfortable. Front desk staff had good knowledge of the area for suggestions on restaurants and entertainment. The Internet was fast and the manager went out of his way to make our stay a pleasant one. If I'm ever in the area again, we will make this our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Tebo's for Lunch and Lacey's Bomber for Breakfast! Book online on the advance purchase rate...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

As Econo lodge in MIlwaukie is within walking distance to the events I attend, I choose to stay there as their rooms are large and pretty comfortable. I also like the morning coffee service offered. I have stayed there in the past. This time, I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. I went to use the bathroom which had a seal around the toilet seat lid--indicating it has been cleaned. I pulled away the seal, lifted the lid and YUK someone had used the toilet and failed to flush afterwards. Later that evening, I got into bed and found dried blood stains on the sheets. As I was only there for one night, I did not complain and just slept in the other bed. Though this stay fell short of my previous customer satisfaction experience, I would book again with Econolodge as I've been satisfied with the overal quality of service in the past.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was only able to stay one of the three nights due to some confusion around smoking vs non-smoking. It wasn't the hotel's fault. They did a good job of trying to find me one night, and helped me work with Priceline to sort out the remaining days.

Service was good, and the hotel itself was good too. I liked how roomy it was. The only possible drawback is that the rooms are a bit dated. Perhaps '90s decor.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
west coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was here with a friend for an overnight in Portland - we came in from the south and picked the airport as convenient on the way to the airport without the higher prices that come close by. The room was large and comfortable, clean, and (where we were at least) quiet. Friendly and professional service -- all around an excellent stay. I plan to keep the motel's name in my book for my next trip to Portland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Southeast? Share your experiences!