“Big Rooms, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milwaukie
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Big Rooms, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was only able to stay one of the three nights due to some confusion around smoking vs non-smoking. It wasn't the hotel's fault. They did a good job of trying to find me one night, and helped me work with Priceline to sort out the remaining days.

Service was good, and the hotel itself was good too. I liked how roomy it was. The only possible drawback is that the rooms are a bit dated. Perhaps '90s decor.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
west coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was here with a friend for an overnight in Portland - we came in from the south and picked the airport as convenient on the way to the airport without the higher prices that come close by. The room was large and comfortable, clean, and (where we were at least) quiet. Friendly and professional service -- all around an excellent stay. I plan to keep the motel's name in my book for my next trip to Portland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Medford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This Econo Lodge in Milwaukie is a wonderful travel bargain. It's clean, well-maintained, and in a good location. What caught our eye when booking was that we could get a King bed suite for about half the price of hotels closer to Portland Downtown or to the Clackamas area. This hotel is a no frills type of hotel but has many amenities such as Free WiFi, Microwave, Fridge & a great selection of cable channels including our fav HBO, it also has a great hot tub for guest use..The management is great--- very friendly. The hotel is a short walk to the trimet bus system and we made a full use of the $5 transit day pass. Portland's transit system is so efficient we traveled with ease with no problems. This was definitely one of my better travel experiences.

Room Tip: We booked through the Choice Hotels site and got what we wanted at a great price!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were visiting friends in Oregon City this month and we got this room through Priceline. Although the motel is in Milwaukie, it was only a five minute drive down highway 99 through Gladstone and into Oregon City. I was a little nervous because I saw that this hotel does have smoking rooms, but I called the proprietor and he assured me I would get a non-smoking room. We checked in early afternoon and were pleasantly surprised by our room. It was very spacious. There was a sitting area and kitchenette separated from the main room by a half wall. I always think having two sinks is a luxury. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom had a curved shower-curtain and good water-pressure. The wifi was strong. I enjoyed my bagel and muffin at the complimentary breakfast. Not a lot to choose from but what was there was fine. Next time we are in the Oregon City/Gladstone/Milwaukie area, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is one of the best of all the Econo Lodge hotels. We spent 2 seperate nights there in the past few days. Front desk was very nice and responsible, I remember his name, Natt. The room was clean and quiet. It's definitely worth the money, in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here travelling through and it's probably one of the cleanest motels we've stayed in. They have a little swimming pool which again is spotlessly clean. The one downside was breakfast. While the food was ok the cutlery was plastic and so flimsy you couldn't spread the cold butter!! Recommend for a sleepover.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

These Econo Lodges can be all over the map. On this trip to Portland Oregon, we had one that was top notch. They got everything right!
Big clean room, very comfortable and the check-in process went smoothly and the staff was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed spending time in the pool and jacuzzi, and we were pleased that our room had a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and there were no problems with the TV or bathroom. The sofa and table in our room were nice additions to make the place feel like a little home.
The location was easy to find. It's close to a variety of restaurants and shopping options. We wanted to try a McMinemens and found one only 2 miles away from the hotel, in historic Oregon City. Nice little town to visit if you arewanting more of a history on Oregon, a must in my book.
The rooms itself were decent-not fancy-but more than comfortable.
Definitely an excellent choice in town.

Room Tip: Book early since this hotel is popular on weekends! It was sold out the 4 days we were in town.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Southeast? Share your experiences!