“Good wholesome family fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Richland, WA
4 attraction reviews
“Good wholesome family fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I remember going to the drive-in when I was a little girl. So when I heard that there was a drive-in in Milton Freewater playing two great family films, we jumped on the opportunity. Although we live a little more than an hour away, it was well worth the drive!

Milton-Freewater Drive-In is located on the right hand side of highway 11 on the way into town (if you are coming from Walla Walla). Gates opened at 8 p.m. and the movie began around 9 p.m. We were sure to get in line early so that we could choose a prime spot. (If there is a brand new movie, you may want to get there even earlier). The cost is $6 per adult and $1 per child for two feature films. They showed Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2 when we were there. The audio for the movie is found on both an a.m. and an f.m. channels giving us great sound for the movies. I was worried that we may need a jump at the end of the night and voiced this to the owner. He said he would give us a jump if our battery ran low, but fortunately, everything was fine.

Many of the younger children opted to play on the grassy area just under the big screen before the movie started, and between films to get their energy out. There is a concession area to purchase goodies and they take cash (and check I believe). They ask that no outside food or drink be brought into the drive-in. I think that this policy is fair considering that two feature films are offered in a fun, family atmosphere at a great price.

We had a great time and will be returning soon!

Visited July 2011