“Good Room and Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1950 Biddle Road, Medford, OR 97504 (Formerly Windmill Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Bothell, WA
“Good Room and Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

Stopped here for a night on our way back home to Seattle from California. Spacious, clean room on first floor. No extra charge for our dog who traveled with us and they provided doggie treats and "waste" bags upon check in. Variety of items for breakfast but breakfast room was small and crowded so we took it back to our room. Staff was polite and friendly. Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

The room was very clean and quiet. The motel is conveniently located near the freeway, a grocery store, and restaurants.
The staff was very friendly, giving me a better rate than my reservation on the spot with my AAA card.
What other reviewers have written is also true, there is no elevator to the 2nd floor, so you should ask for the first floor in you reservation if this is a concern for you. Also true is the smell, like freshener smell, which i guess is used everywhere, in every hotel. It didn't bother us.
The breakfast is nice, with the usual plus freshly cooked waffles, yogurts, fruits, ... we enjoyed it.

• Stayed July 2007
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

I recently reserved a room for one night to be close to the Medford airport for an early morning flight. When I arrived the assigned room definitely had an odd smell something like a strong air freshener to mask an odor. I asked for another room and the second had the same odor. I then cancelled my room reservation and moved to the Hampton across the street that was newer, much nicer, larger room, more comfortable bed and no odor. A few days earlier I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard at the Medford airport. It, too, was much nicer and more comfortable. The staff at the Windmill was the one bright spot and was helpful in the cancellation. In summary though the few extra dollars for the Hampton or the Marriott Courtyard are definitely worth it.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

My husband and I have spent 8 nights in the Windmill Inn since mid October 2006. Moderately priced, the rooms are spacious, nicely decorated & well appointed with frig, microwave & high speed internet connection. (For those not traveling with a computer, there is one in the lobby .) Our rooms have been spotlessly clean each of the four stays. Breakfast room, pool and spa areas are also very clean. The continental breakfast is well presented and has great variety. Upon request, coffee and pastries & a newspaper will be brought to your room each morning. This facility and its friendly staff have been consistently excellent. Add to that a truly "pet friendly" policy that works well for all guests and you have a great value when in Medford.

• Liked — combination of space, cleanliness and pet friendly
  • Disliked — grocery store parking lot next door seemed a bit unsavory
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Gig Harbor, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

Windmill Inn in Medford is fabulous! Huge, well-appointed rooms--refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker. Wireless internet works flawlessly in the room.
You are welcomed with home baked cookies--mine were macadamia nut or m & m and a newspaper. After check-in, I received a call asking if everything was satisfactory.
In the am you can have OJ, coffee, muffin and paper delivered to your room and/or go to their continental breakfast which has good array--cereals, baked goods, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, make your own Belgian waffles, juice, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, milk.
They have a nice swimming pool and spa.
The Medford inn is located near several restaurants and a couple of shopping malls.
It is a great place to stay.
I'm also acquainted with the Windmill Inn in Roseburg Oregon and found it to be equally terrific.

• Liked — Big room and wireless internet
  • Disliked — Long way to the ice and soda machines
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

We have traveled through Oregon several times and often choose to stop at the Medford Windmill Inn. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Coffee / Tea / Hot Chocolate is available all the time and the stay includes a continental breakfast.

Our latest visit a car alarm started to go off at about 2:00 in the morning and continued for HOURS on end. We called down to the night reception and they said they were looking into it. By about 4:00 we phoned again and were told that they couldn't do anything about it because the car was outside of their lot (at the hotel next door). By 5:30 we gave up and decided to get up for the day.

We got ready and grabbed some breakfast. I went to the front desk and politely explained that we had gotten very little sleep and were disappointed that they had not done more to resolve the issue. The lady at reception shrugged off the feedback and simply said that if I wasn't happy I needed to call the Windmill Inns Customer Service line. As long time customers I find this to be a disappointing attitude. I understand that this was not something directly on their property, but I would have liked to see more action taken on something that was affecting the environment of their guests. At 6:30 we drove off and the alarm was still going.

I still think fondly of the Medford Windmill Inn from past visits, but because of this recent incident we probably won't choose to return.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

Everything about the Windmill Inn is customer oriented. Imagine my delight when the rollaway I ordered was not only free, but folded up inside it were a complete set of towels, shampoo and soap, and even another water glass (which was actually glass, a detail that sits well with me). Our spacious room contained very comfy beds that were made with real fitted sheets. I borrowed a book from the lending library, and the next morning we all enjoyed making our own waffles in their lovely breakfast room. We can't wait to stay here again! (One note: the pool is small, but the pool area is very large.)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!