“Surprisingly comfortable, great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Commons

You added Inn at the Commons to your Saves list
Inn at the Commons
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Riverside Avenue, Medford, OR 97501 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Medford)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Surprisingly comfortable, great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A colleague and I stayed here during a conference and enjoyed our ground floor room. It was quiet and spacious. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room is well appointed with lots of amenities. I appreciated the ceramic coffee mugs and glass drinking glasses. We enjoyed the hot breakfast, the lobby computer, and had an excellent dinner in Larks. It was a good value and a very pleasant stay, close to our meetings. We would stay here again. The only downside is the difficulty parking close to your room. Small parking lot down in back and tricky to enter and exit.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are quiet. Get one facing the parking lot, away from I-5 if traffic noise bothers y...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Osos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This in-city motel provides average 20+ year-old rooms at low prices.

The nicest rooms are 2nd-floor "creekside"--unfortunately, I-5 is now also over the creek, slightly above the motel's rooms. Despite the nice view under the freeway (there's a park beyond), and the ducks on the creek, suggest getting rooms as far from the freeway as possible.

Staff were very helpful, even volunteering a 10% off coupon for use in their excellent restaurant, "Larks", reviewed separately.

Room Tip: Far as possible from I-5.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip in mid-April. My ground floor room had a very strong nasty animal odor in the carpet that I could not escape.

I got in late from a cross country flight and there were only a few rooms left. Even with both doors open for over an hour I could not air out the room enough to be comfortable.

It was simply a matter of survival for the night. I woke up with burning eyes and a terribly stopped up head. Would never recommend!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here very last minute early April- we just walked in and asked for a room (had to stopover en route from Mt Hood to Northern California) and were surprised and their availability but also the very friendly staff. The room was large, very clean and had nice views over the river. Only disappointment was the pool had not yet opened for summer (despite it being a warm day). Enjoyed a pint at happy hour in the restaurant and the service was good. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel -I even got CAA/AAA discount!

Stayed April 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was great. We checked in efficiently. We were offered a choice of room locations. We chose the River/Park view on the back of the property. The room and bathroom were a great size and had been updated. The bed was very comfortable. A small issue is that ambient noise when you open the sliding doors to a balcony. There is a freeway close by. I would choose a garden room if the noise would be a problem.
The breakfast was terrific.There was a good variety of food, with warm and cold items. The crew who managed the breakfast area were attentive. The front desk staff was informative during check in and check out. There is a restaurant on site that has a happy hour and great food from local farms. high quality. For those that crave Starbucks, there is a location very close by. The hotel location is located in the "commons" area. It is centrally located to freeways and shops and a mere 15 minutes from Ashland. This will become a regular stop during my travels through Oregon.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the river/park can be a little noisier to due ambient freeway noise. Select garden vi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel was okay, nothing fancy but clean. We had wonderful dinner and cocktails at the restaurant though. The bar is also quite nice.

I am writing this review because I forgot my jacket here. I was able to claim it after a week when I drove back. That part was nice!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at Inn at the Commons while driving from Seattle to San Francisco. It was more or less the halfway point between the two cities, so it made sense. Some of the other hotels in the area seems a bit sketchy, and I booked Inn at the Commons based on the reviews of others. I'm glad I did.

I was given a very clean room next to the river. Aside from some light road noise, I was happy with it and the area was quiet. I only stayed one night, but managed to walk around and there was an amazing nano-brewery, Bricktowne Brewery just a few blocks away. Solid beer and good pub food.

There's also a Starbucks around the corner near the square, if needed.

Breakfast was awesome, the coffee was strong, and the front desk staff was extremely friendly. I'd recommend this hotel if you're looking for a place to stay in Medford.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, by the river
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Inn at the Commons? Share your experiences!