“dollar for dollar the best deal in medford or” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Commons

You added Inn at the Commons to your Saves list
Inn at the Commons
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Riverside Avenue, Medford, OR 97501 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Medford)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Portland, Oregon
“dollar for dollar the best deal in medford or”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was an over the road truck driver and I have stayed in hotels from sea to sea north south east west so i know hotels now working local I stayed at the inn at the commons on my way to Ca no truck parking but i was driving a Mazda 3 sorry brothers of the highway bob tailing only . this hotel was a red lion now owned by a local hotel group they have spent a ton of money on this property the rooms have all been remodeled not just painted but new counters furniture and carpet very thick padding on the second floor to sound proof the first floor every thing is new and modern great tv line up and as bonus balcony's or patios with chairs and a table to enjoy evening happy hour. the rooms are large and QUIET top quality bedding. and then the restaurant and bar on site i had the lamp shanks 24.00 two good size shank's cooked just right great presentation roasted veges and just great service 100 % spot on they close early as the restaurant has-not been discovered by the locals yet but they will. and a full breakfast in the am eggs potatoes juice coffee cereal. the staff seemed exited about the changes and investment the new group has brought in and was very helpful wine and snacks can be purchased in the loopy. i have always stayed at the holiday inn next to the pilot truck stop for the truck parking but i will always stay hear now. just a good deal for price and amenity's.

Room Tip: go for the garden rooms the river rooms look good but very close to I 5
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Salem, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I called on 2/20/15 to make our reservations for 3/14/15 and to request 2 king bed rooms. I specified pet free(due to allergies), smoke free, and quieter rooms. I was told the rooms would be on the 2nd floor, on the pool side (quieter than the rooms by the freeway), and all the rooms at the hotel were smoke free, and they were putting us on the 2nd floor as pets were usually on the bottom floor. When we arrived we discovered we had the two king rooms but they could not guarantee they were pet free as they were a "pet friendly hotel and as long as someone with a pet wanted a room and were willing to pay the pet fee they rented the room to them" .Both rooms were close to the freeway, one room was on the bottom floor and smelled slightly of cigarette smoke(probably someone smoking on the deck with the patio door open), the room on the top floor had a significant odor. When we called the front desk we were told they had not had anyone with pets in that room the night before, I located one of the housekeepers ( a very nice young lady) and she sprayed the room and did indicate there had been a dog in that room the night before. The front desk had no other king rooms and offered to move us to a room with 2 queens, they still couldn't say with any surety there hadn't been dogs in a particular room and stated " you could look at other hotels, but even the Hilton's rooms all allow dogs" . Since we were close to other family members, were staying a limited time, and would be spending little time in the hotel, we stayed where we were, but kept the door open and the fan on. We did shut the door at night due to the highway noise level, and I have to admit with the door closed you heard very little noise. When we checked out the next morning we spoke with the front desk person( who was also very nice) and she reported, "they do like to keep pets on the ground floor, but people will sometimes sneak them in to avoid paying the $25 dollar pet fee". I had a difficult time with scoring this particular hotel, the young lady checking us came across as "too bad you are unhappy that's just the way it is here" attitude. That being said the housekeeper we flagged down and the desk clerk we spoke with the next morning were were very nice and helpful. The rooms appeared clean (other than the odor in the 2nd floor room), the beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was nice with a good selection. It would have been even nicer to wake up without itchy eyes, nasal congestion, and a sore throat (which resolved when out of the room for a while). I always make my reservations by phone (due to the pet allergy issue) I have never been to a larger motel that does not have " pet free rooms" or if pets are allowed in every room they they state it right out front when asked about pet free rooms. I have also not experienced showing up and having a reservation that didn't have anything close to what was agreed upon (in fairness they got the two king bed rooms right) when I made the reservation The low score was only because I would never have made this reservation had the person making the reservation told me that pets were allowed in ALL rooms, the room reservations did not match what was agreed upon at the time I made the reservations, and the check in person had been less snarky.

Room Tip: Do not book at this room if you must have a pet free room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I agree with other reviewers that it's not much to look at when you drive up. The rooms, however, are simple and clean. The price is reasonable. The staff was also friendly. I will stay here again if I am in Medford on business.

San Carlos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location, downtown is walk-able. Was concerned about freeway noise but it was no issue. Front desk personal were very friendly. Rooms are spacious, clean. Free breakfast is weak, good for just a bagel and coffee and out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped for 1 night on our way to Palm Desert. We were very happy with the room, clean and quiet. It was located close to restaurants. We were able to walk to the Red Robin. The best part was the full hot breakfast, very well prepared.
The best I've had in a long time, and a large breakfast room. Will definitely stay here again. Went to the front desk and bought a bottle if wine and the man at the desk went and lent us 2 nice wine glasses. Very nice.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the outside the Inn at the Commons seems like a motel from decades ago, but the rooms have been updated really well, and the staff is extraordinarily helpful and friendly. The restaurant, Lark's, is incredible. It's a branch of an Ashland-based farm-to-table restaurant, and I found it to be the equal of some of the better restaurants in Portland (the bacon-wrapped apricots and the brussel sprouts were particularly delicious).

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I agree with some of the other reviewers. The initial drive up to the hotel is kinda blah... But the stay is totally sufficient. The rooms are clean, the service is fine and the breakfast is surprisingly great. I would certainly stay here on business again if it was just me. If I was looking for a romantic weekend getaway, it would not be my first choice, but it's not trying to be that. For what it is: a good, clean hotel, in downtown Medford it totally hits the mark.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Inn at the Commons? Share your experiences!