“Cheap hotel that tries to be cool” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Commons

You added Inn at the Commons to your Saves list
Inn at the Commons
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Riverside Avenue, Medford, OR 97501 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Medford)   |
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Meridian, Idaho
“Cheap hotel that tries to be cool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here a couple of times for business. The layout of the property is pretty complicated. It's more like a cheap motel that tries to be better than it is. If you are on the creek side the noise from the freeway is almost unbearable. The walk from the front desk to the rooms in the middle or back of the property is kind of a pain with the steep driveway.

Room Tip: Get as close the lobby as possible. It's loud on the back side of the property.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is not a wow upon driving up. However once you're there it will exceed your expectations. The breakfast is good. The Internet is strong and quick although constantly having to check in can be a little annoying. The rooms are well appointed and clean. The neighborhood is convenient for walking. Overall we were very happy.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I motored to Medford from Salem to spend a 3-day weekend hiking and exploring a new place. I booked this hotel on a chance but I am so glad I did! I like staying downtown whenever possible and this hotel did not disappoint. Not even kind of! From the front desk staff to friendly housekeeping, comfortable bed, clean room and a fabulous restaurant on-site (will review Larks separately) I could not have been happier.
I traveled by myself and felt completely safe and secure, even though downtown. I was able to walk downtown both evenings I was there just to explore. and Sunday afternoon, I had a good brew (will review that shortly too) in a brew pub downtown.
Will be back, in fact, hopefully in March for my birthday with The Dude in tow!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The chartreuse doors with the beige background was somewhat off putting but the beds were wonderful and breakfast is included. It was one of the best breakfast we had with cheese onion omelette and hash browns, muffins, fruit and boiled eggs. it seems recently redone with large rooms with a microwave and a large refrigerator. the staff was very nice. it's underneath an interstate but seems well constructed so the noise was not a problem. we enjoyed the balcony over the creek and it was fun to watch the people in the park across the creek

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While the front of the hotel/motel may shy some away I recommend to try it out. The interior has been tastefully renovated and feels clean and spacious. The beds are INCREDIBLE. A high end Sealy with cozy bedding. Good water pressure (important for refreshing showers after a long days drive). The breakfast was great for being free. Looked like there was a place to eat lunch or dinner but I didn't try it. Friendly helpful staff, too. Over all I was extremely satisfied with this location.

• Stayed February 2015
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although The Inn at the Commons is a bit away from the freeway exits, it is a good place for travelers through Medford. Hot breakfast is included in the price. The freeway runs right behind the hotel but sound-proofing is good so it is not noisy. Apparently the hotel restaurant is quite good but we didn't have dinner the night we stayed so we don't know.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Washington Island, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best part about this hotel is the FOOD! Their restaurant Larks is excellent with a great atmosphere and some of the best service I have ever received. When I told my server I would like to use my credit card instead of charge it to my room, he told me that I would still receive the 10% discount as a hotel guest. I think Larks is the best restaurant in Medford today. My black cod was perfectly prepared and I look forward to trying other menu options soon. The breakfast buffet offered a ham and sausage egg scramble but there was a sign saying they could accommodate vegetarians. I asked for a veggie option and they cooked up a delicious fresh veggie omelet for me in just a few minutes. The rooms are an updated version of an old Red Lion Inn and are well appointed. Not luxurious but the best option in Medford by far.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at the Commons? Share your experiences!