“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Commons

You added Inn at the Commons to your Saves list
Inn at the Commons
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Riverside Avenue, Medford, OR 97501 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Medford)   |
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Redondo Beach, California
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Although The Inn at the Commons is a bit away from the freeway exits, it is a good place for travelers through Medford. Hot breakfast is included in the price. The freeway runs right behind the hotel but sound-proofing is good so it is not noisy. Apparently the hotel restaurant is quite good but we didn't have dinner the night we stayed so we don't know.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington Island, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The best part about this hotel is the FOOD! Their restaurant Larks is excellent with a great atmosphere and some of the best service I have ever received. When I told my server I would like to use my credit card instead of charge it to my room, he told me that I would still receive the 10% discount as a hotel guest. I think Larks is the best restaurant in Medford today. My black cod was perfectly prepared and I look forward to trying other menu options soon. The breakfast buffet offered a ham and sausage egg scramble but there was a sign saying they could accommodate vegetarians. I asked for a veggie option and they cooked up a delicious fresh veggie omelet for me in just a few minutes. The rooms are an updated version of an old Red Lion Inn and are well appointed. Not luxurious but the best option in Medford by far.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is great! Huge discount for AAA members, clean and comfy rooms, full hot breakfast included, decent price. It's a little further from the freeway but it's totally worth it! I will totally stay here again when traveling.

• Stayed January 2015
Port Townsend, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Since we travel frequently between the Seattle area and the Bay Area of California, Medford is the logical half-way overnight stopping point. The Inn at the Commons fits the bill perfectly!
Granted, the fact that it is "pet friendly" (as was its predecessor, the Red Lion) has a lot to do with the decision to stay here, but the new owners have made an enormous investment in the property and in the restaurant called "Larks". The rooms have been upgraded and the restaurant enlarged and upgraded as well. I particularly enjoyed the briskets for a light evening meal while staying overnight on the way back to Port Townsend, WA.

It's nice to know that a comfortable, friendly and economical option is available for the frequent traveler who prefers to have their pets travel with them!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

Passing my way through Oregon to California and decided to stay in Medford for a night. It was a great decision, the staff were very friendly, room was clean and easily find. There was a lot of parking space for cars and the hotel allows pets!!! In the morning, there is a free HOT breakfast buffet. What more can I ask for? Definitely,staying here again when I drive back to Seattle.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 via mobile

We were just passing through. I loccve Holliday Inn but didn't want to spend $150 for one night. Hopped online & found this. Drove in and with my AAA discount got the room for $80.
Nice, comfortable, great price.

Stayed December 2014
Wheatland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

While in town for the Thanksgiving weekend, my husband and I stayed a couple of nights at the Inn at the Commons. I agree with other reviewers that the hotel isn't very impressive looking on the outside, but the rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Each room has a balcony with some chairs, but I don't know if any have a spectacular view. Ours had a view of the parking lot, but we didn't use the balcony since it was rainy most of the weekend. The hotel is not far from shopping, restaurants and the movie theater.

We are pillow snobs, so we brought our own pillows. Hotel pillows are always too flat for our taste. But the bed was very comfortable.

I think they serve breakfast in the morning, but we did not take part. They also have a restaurant attached, but we didn't try that either.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at the Commons? Share your experiences!