“Great Upgrade !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at the Commons

You added Inn at the Commons to your Saves list
Inn at the Commons
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 North Riverside Avenue, Medford, OR 97501 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Medford)   |
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Port Townsend, Washington
“Great Upgrade !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Since we travel frequently between the Seattle area and the Bay Area of California, Medford is the logical half-way overnight stopping point. The Inn at the Commons fits the bill perfectly!
Granted, the fact that it is "pet friendly" (as was its predecessor, the Red Lion) has a lot to do with the decision to stay here, but the new owners have made an enormous investment in the property and in the restaurant called "Larks". The rooms have been upgraded and the restaurant enlarged and upgraded as well. I particularly enjoyed the briskets for a light evening meal while staying overnight on the way back to Port Townsend, WA.

It's nice to know that a comfortable, friendly and economical option is available for the frequent traveler who prefers to have their pets travel with them!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Passing my way through Oregon to California and decided to stay in Medford for a night. It was a great decision, the staff were very friendly, room was clean and easily find. There was a lot of parking space for cars and the hotel allows pets!!! In the morning, there is a free HOT breakfast buffet. What more can I ask for? Definitely,staying here again when I drive back to Seattle.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were just passing through. I loccve Holliday Inn but didn't want to spend $150 for one night. Hopped online & found this. Drove in and with my AAA discount got the room for $80.
Nice, comfortable, great price.

Stayed December 2014
Wheatland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in town for the Thanksgiving weekend, my husband and I stayed a couple of nights at the Inn at the Commons. I agree with other reviewers that the hotel isn't very impressive looking on the outside, but the rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Each room has a balcony with some chairs, but I don't know if any have a spectacular view. Ours had a view of the parking lot, but we didn't use the balcony since it was rainy most of the weekend. The hotel is not far from shopping, restaurants and the movie theater.

We are pillow snobs, so we brought our own pillows. Hotel pillows are always too flat for our taste. But the bed was very comfortable.

I think they serve breakfast in the morning, but we did not take part. They also have a restaurant attached, but we didn't try that either.

Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Don't be thrown off by the chartreuse exterior and 1970's motel look. The inside of the rooms, lobby and dining room have been remodeled recently. We were given a large room, by motel standards, overlooking the small creek, which also overlooked the I-5. Since my wife and I travel with custom made ear plugs, this did not pose a problem. The room was comfortable with excellent bedding. We were able to walk into downtown Medford in about five minutes. The front desk person was friendly and helpful . The complementary breakfast was scrambled eggs with ham and pan fried potatoes. Cereal and fruit, yogurt were also available. For $99/night it seemed to be a good deal!

Sequim, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

This recently remodeled motel is clean and spacious. The refrigerator is quiet. Our room had a view of a quiet creek and although I-5 is just behind it, the room is well insulated from the noise. The bed is comfortable with generous bedding. There is a nice restaurant attached to the Inn but it is located next to a nice mall with varied restaurants. Of particular note is the superb complimentary breakfast, probably the best ever.

Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

This former Red Lion is working to present itself as an upscale boutique hotel. Although the grounds still feel like the Red Lion, and the room doors are painted a strange shade of chartreuse (which give the property a strange look), I enjoyed my one night here.

I felt as though I was the first person to stay in a renovated room. The bed was comfortable, and the carpet felt as though no one had ever walked on it. The bathroom was spacious and there was a small fridge and microwave. The included breakfast features the usual continental fare, as well as a hot egg dish and potatoes. You can also enjoy free parking and wi-fi, and all for a very reasonable room price.

Some of the rooms back onto a canal, park, and the freeway. I got what front desk clerk called "the quietest room" but i could still hear plenty of freeway noise through a sliding glass door that led or to a small balcony. Thankfully the room's fan can be turned on a high setting to mask that noise for the most part.

I didn't try the hotels restaurant, although you can get a 10% off coupon at the front desk. There is also a small cooler in the lobby where you can purchase wine, lagers, and other beverages, as well as a small snack selection.

I had a comment for the manager and called the hotel on my way home. Mark returned my call at close of business, listened to my comments, and reacted very professionally and showed me that the hotel is serious about superior customer service.

I will be back again when I need to stay in Medford - especially if the rates stay this reasonable.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Inn at the Commons? Share your experiences!