“Good Value for your money.” 4 of 5 stars

Cedar Lodge Inn
518 North Riverside Ave., Medford, OR 97501   |
Ranked #32 of 34 hotels in Medford
Klamath Falls
“Good Value for your money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for three weekends. The rooms were nicely remodeled and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and delt with a cleanliness issue immediately. Nice selection for breakfast and a cute little exercise room. We will probably stay there again. Excellent price on the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

It has been my home away from home while I take care of some business here. The staff is really nice and helpful. They have great food for their breakfast

• Stayed July 2012
Roseburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had my reservations confirmed at 4:00 pm on the day I checked in. By 10:00pm they couldn't find me nor were any rooms available. I had to tell them that someone had cancelled and that perhaps I could have that room. The girl who helped me was very nice to me but she couldn't find anything. She was the only one working and people kept ocming in. She was constantly interrupted. It took 45 minutes to get checked in. I was given my friend's room and a key. When I got to my room, the key didn't work so I called from a friend's room. I waited 15 minutes for the clerk to come with a master key. It is now 11:00 pm and 2 children with me.I was promised a discount for my troubles, but I had to argue for a discount at check out. My phone was ringing in the middle of the night from the front dest...wrong room. No soap. The handle broke off the shower. Water damage under the floors. Non smoking room had pails of old cigarette butts outside the door and the rooms smelled like stale smoke.. People live at the hotel, some unsavory looking. Pictures on internet deceiving. My room did not have cedar planks, The tv kept cutting out. Never again. Our entire group checked out the next day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
243kmatthews, Manager at Cedar Lodge Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Cedar Lodge Inn, Please know that we take these comments very seriously and will make every effort to remedy the situation.

I truly apologize your stay was less than exceptional. Our goal is to ensure each and every guest has a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Kristin Matthews
Cedar Lodge Inn LLC
Medford, Or 97501
541-773-7361
Brookings, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The Inn is an old motel that was quite run down. New owners are trying to fix it up but they aren't paying attention to their customers. New towels and linens weren't provided when promised and when asked the manager assured me "today for sure." Didn't happen. No one was in the office for over two hours and it took two calls to finally get some clean towels. Maybe the new owners will get their act together but for now I'd find another place to stay. There are lots of low priced motels in Medford and they provide better service than Ceder Lodge Inn,

On the positive side, the breakfast is very good. They have a newly remodeled breakfast room that is quite nice. They have juices, coffee, cereal, waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs and yogurt.

Big caution: there's a hidden charge on your bill for the safe. I think it was for $1.50 per day. If you don't tell them at check in that you don't want the safe then you'll have a not so pleasant surprise on your bill.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I couldn’t ask for a more friendly and professional staff. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Example, my first night, there was an issue with the person above me. Craig from the front desk spoke with the individual. When it happened again the second night Craig was more than happy to move the individual to another room. Kudos’s to Craig for taking action.
Granted it’s not in the best area, but being a single woman, at no time did I feel unsafe.

The only improvment I could suggest is think about getting some firmer beds.

If you want a place to stay that is very reasonable, with a staff that still believes that customers are number one, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

Quiet and Safe...little hard to find but worth every dime. Nice hidden gem. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Great Value & Service...Im glad to see they have new management..HUGE IMPROVEMENT

Room Tip: The new management is great!