“Front desk staff make it a wonderful place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Central

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Central to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 S Riverside Ave, Medford, OR 97501 (Formerly Medford Inn)   |
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Medford
“Front desk staff make it a wonderful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms have had some upgrades. Linens are wonderful, although who decided bright white poofy comforters and sheets was a good idea in a hotel should be evaluated. But comfy they are albiet I foresee frequent replacements which is a waste of money. Noise level at night considering proximity to a main intersection is minimal and easy to forget, although since located on main drag you would think someone would have realized the sign is hard to see and dark, I live here and I've driven right by it more than once. I've stayed in many rooms, further upgrades are needed, TV's, microwaves, some a/c units. Heat and a/c both work great in any room I've stayed in. I particularly enjoy the late night staff, Nick and Brandon, swing and overnight. I'm always glad when my arrival time lands during one of their shifts. They have been invaluable during the hotels flip from Medford inn to econo lodge. They are very reassuring about the changes I have complained about, I have a high belief that I won't be disappointed if I trust their assurances and continue staying at this hotel when I need a night away to relax. I've sent friends and family their way, put up a gal having an uncertain night and needed a place to sleep with her daughter inside, they were kind and helpful. If not for those front desk clerks at night, I wouldn't bother.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I stayed at the Medford Inn for a two week period as I no longer had a place to live and was in the process of moving out. I will start with the negatives. Prior to checking Inn I had asked the guy in the front desk if I would be able to get a room in the bottom floor. I had some valuables that I did not want to carry up the set of stairs. He told me that shouldn't be an issue since they were only operating at 20% capacity. The next day when I checked in I was assigned a room upstairs by the same guy that had told me a downstairs room would be no issue. I was annoyed but didn't make a big deal about it. I would just have to make a few trips up the stairs. When I got to the door I was having trouble with the RFID card reader. The next issue that I had was the mini fridge. It did not function properly. I had purchase some meat and cheese along with water to cool. No matter which setting I chose the food always froze which meant I couldn't refrigerate food to eat. The bed felt a little too hard for my preference. It took a good two days for my back to adjust to it. The bathroom while it appeared clean has some stains on the back door that were not cleaned. Even during my stay those spots were never cleaned. The shower appear to be made for people that are extremely short. I'm around 5'10'' and stood clearly above the shower head. Another problem which might not bother some people is that whenever someone downstairs would shut a door, use the shower, or have the exhaust fan on, it would produce a loud noise which was kind of annoying. The TV in the room was an older cubed one which was rather small but it worked. Microwave was an older style that had a knob to operate but it worked which is all that matter. I would like to mention that I did find a bug during my first night there. It was a flying one that I was able to find and kill. There were no other issues with bugs but that made me a little paranoid. My biggest issue was the WiFi. I can easily say this has been by far the worst WiFi I've experienced at a hotel. I had with me a top of the line computer that was unable to connect properly. The signal barely worked on my cell but was too slow to really do anything with it. I was told that they had multiple routers but they were all from the same connection. I feel like in this day in age WiFi should be one of the things hotels should have. Now for the positives. The room itself appeared clean. The sheets were clean, tables clean, sheets clean. The heat worked nice. When I had room service towels were all replaced and everything seemed to be cleaned properly except for the stains I mentioned earlier in the bathroom. The heat worked pretty good. There is a street that cars drive by that is directly to the side of the hotel where I stayed but this was not an issue for me. The noise did no keep me up. I would like to clarify that I was working during my stay (grave yard shift), so I mainly slept during the day for my stay. I cannot review the breakfast as I purchased my own. The lady at the front did tell me that they were in the process of updating their continental break fast to include some things such as eggs and sausage links. I would consider staying here again but the WiFi seriously needs to be addressed. Although I gave this place a 3 star rating its closer to 2.5. Better WiFi although with a more modern TV and working mini fridge would give it a solid 3. If you are looking for an affordable place to sleep for a night I would recommend it. But if you are wanting to stay for a couple of days and want WiFi, I would consider choosing a different place.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Central? Share your experiences!