“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 35 hotels in Medford
Seattle, WA
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

on our way from seattle to central california. This is your standard motel by the freeway, it was cheap (I think around $50), but the bed was comfortable, the owners friendly, the room clean, the wi-fi free. The bathroom had a nice tile floor. Because of the gas station the parking lot was well-lit.
I rate it average, not because it didn't meet expectations, but because it is your standard no-frills motel, located right between a gas station and the freeway. There is a Fred Meyer across the street, with a Starbucks in the Fred Meyer. This is a commercial location, and fine for a stopover, not a "vacation" location.
By the way, they are very clear that they don't allow pets.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Crescent City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very clean, quiet, and close to everything. I needed this room for a medical appt., and asked for an early check in. I was able to check in at 8:00 am! I also didn't want to pay for incidentals, and was not asked for a credit card , or cash. The ac in the room was great and silenced all outdoor noise. The staff was friendly, and checkout was a breeze. You could drop the key in the outside mailbox, or leave it inside. I did not go to breakfast, there was a Starbucks right across the street, within walking distance, as we're many other stores including Harry and David's.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This was a very clean room. Great deal. We were worried since every major hotel was sold out but it turned out to be a really good deal! Plenty of room in the hotel room to put all your things. The lady at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a great time last weekend at the Royal Crest Motel. The staff was very nice and friendly and we appreciated the continental breakfast. The room was clean and well-kept and the AC and TV were appreciated bonuses. It was a homey and luxurious stay and we will definitely be back every time we visit Medford.

Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

There is not enough space allocated to convey my negative experiences with this motel and the staff. The Americans with Disabilities(ADA) Ombudsman is having a field day with my formal complaint regarding the refusal of accommodating my medically prescribed, licensed and registered service animal. I was forced to vacate the facility four hours after check in and lost all fees paid to priceline.com because the clerk stated my service animal scratched the door and caused damage, which is a ludicrous accusation. I did not put up a fight to stay, the place is a run down, poorly managed pit on the face of the planet. The only good thing is Oregon is an open carry state so you can carry your semi-automatic pistol or revolver on your hip and trust me, here... you'll need to! My daughter and I did NOT feel safe here - we reserved and paid for a two night stay via priceline.com and did not feel comfortable to stay overnight; and I carry a revolver! The filthy paint chipped motel is located in a gas station parking lot and run by an Eastern Indian couple that barely speak English, much less understand the law regarding service animals (they wanted to charge me an additional "pet fee" upon check in). The motel was in no worse condition for me having spent two hours in the room - yes, I was not even in the room for two of the four hours my two night's stay paid for! Two of the four hours I was checked into the motel were spent attending a Veteran's Memorial Service at the National Cemetery up the road. So yeah, um... enter at your own risk, better yet book directly when you get to Medford at any number of reasonably priced motels and hotels in the area. We left this pit of a skank motel and we ended up staying in a very accommodating place that was happy to accept my well mannered service animal (that managed to cause no trouble and no damage for two days and nights) up the road - also run by an Eastern Indian family, I am not sure what's up with that - but there it is. I lost my money paid to priceline and I am kind of grumpy about it, but their customer service rep was quick to point out that there are no refunds (you agree to that when you book through priceline). I just didn't agree to stay in such an unsafe and disgusting den of inequity.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Great place for a bed and meal (across street) while traveling. For the price we paid ($55) I didn't expect too much more than what I got. The only real negative was the heat and how it worked.

• Liked — bed was soft
  • Disliked — sheets were thin
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Royal Crest Motel? Share your experiences!