“Always a nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 35 hotels in Medford
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Always a nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was passing through Medford, when I ran into a couple of old friends and decided to stay for a few days. I've stayed here a number of times in the past and have never been dissapointed. So I figured I'd stick with a good thing. The price is right. The rooms are clean and quiet. The beds and linens beat anything I've seen at other hotels. The towels are the big-fluffy ones also. Covered parking right outside the door. [ Which is nice, as it was raining then.] There must be two hundred channels on the TV. [ Direct TV. ] And it looks like the Wi Fi has been upgraded since my last visit. The breakfast is better than I've had at similarly priced hotels. The small on-site coin-op laundry allowed me to catch up on my washing. Various food options are within walking distance, or can be delivered... For sure, the best "Bang for the Buck".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlantis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just stayed overnight. The room was neat - unfortunately there was no safe! The bathroom was pretty nice as well. The staff was really friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was quite good - they offered yoghurt, cereal, toast, etc. and even fresh waffles! The price was fair! We got free WIFI and parking!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After reading other reviews, decided to give this a go. I checked in late, the groggy gent checked me in smoothly, and I parked under the covered spot directly in front of my room. I was greeted with a clean, basic but perfect room with a few nice touches. I liked the perspex guide mounted between the curtains and the air conditioner. That way, all the air doesn't blow up into the curtains and not into the room. Good idea! I slept great, and at checkout the next day, the gent was kind enough to give me good directions to the local Starbucks on my way out of town.
All in all, I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gold Beach, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We are in Medford often for both business and visiting. We have stayed in many hotels there, but this one is the best deal for the price. Granted, it's not fancy, but it's clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff are very attentive and helpful. We are particularly fond of the roof over the parking as the weather is often wet. We have not tried the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Clean room, comfortable and clean bed, fair breakfast and effective internet connection. I liked that there are more than one pillow for each guest in the bed. The pillows are very comfortable.

We arrived in the town of Medford, OR on a Monday evening around 7-8 PM. We checked in the motel first then drove out to eat. The street felt empty - a little bit eerie feeling at first. After dinner, we saw more guests checked in the same motel, we felt safer.

We've had a very restful night last Monday. The staff was friendly. I'd stay here again next time come to Medford.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after reading reviews on this place. The whole experience was nice. The employees we're very friendly and accommodating. We needed more coffee and creamer for our room, and they didn't hesitate. The room and exterior was very clean. The bed had 5 pillows :) The shower had great water pressure and really hot water. It was great having actual cable in your room, not "Hotel Cable" were you only get a few channels and no TV guide. The Fridge kept my beer really cold too. I would defiantly recommend this Rodeway to any traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brookings, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We usually stay in more expensive motels, but the Trip Advisor reviews on this place were so good we had to give it a try. We agree with many reviewers that this is probably the best lodging value in Medford, if not all of Southern Oregon, but it's not for everyone. First the good: For less than $60, we got one of the cleanest motel rooms we'd ever seen, a comfortable bed with four good pillows, a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, a shower with stronger pressure than we have at home, a roomy covered parking space in front of the room so others' headlights did not shine in, and a "continental" breakfast with juice, coffee, fresh waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, store-bought pastries, bagels and english muffins. The front desk service was efficient on check-in and downright friendly and helpful at breakfast and checkout. The motel sits on old Highway 99 in Medford, but the office is in the front and the rooms go back away from the road. We asked for the quietest room possible and they put us about midway back from the road. Road noise was not a problem and they even left the rooms on either side of us empty to further cut down on noise. The more expensive hotels in Medford usually overlook the freeway or busy freeway exchanges, and have noisy adjoining rooms to boot.

No place is perfect, however. What we saw as problems might not necessarily bother you. When we first entered the room there was a strong smell of some kind of cleaning agent, maybe disinfectant or carpet-cleaner. We left the door and window open for a few minutes and what was left of the smell posed no problem for us, though it might have bothered someone sensitive to cleaners. This is an old motel and some of the furniture and fixtures looked a bit worn, but the rooms have been recently refurbished and the paint, bathroom tile and carpet looked new.

The heating/air-conditioning unit was also new, but it posed a real problem for us. In fact, we didn't get a minute's sleep the entire night. It was a modern unit where you select the temperature and fan speed and the unit cycles on and off to keep the temperature constant. The fan wasn't noisy, but the compressor for the heating unit set up a vibration that could be felt throughout the entire room as it randomly cycled on and off every few seconds. Even my earplugs didn't help because the noise could actually be felt. It would have been fine if the noise had been constant, but the unit, including the fan, shuddered completely on or off constantly. Maybe it was just our particular unit. When I mentioned it to the front desk guy at breakfast he said our experience was unusual and he would check it out. That type of noise and vibration might not bother everyone, but you've been warned. Also, the unit had a "sleep" button on it that seemed to lessen the noise and vibration a little bit, but not enough.

So we've discovered a real gem that we couldn't sleep in. The rest of the motel was so nice that I feel guilty about not being able to sleep. The price is so irresistible that we might even try it again, in spite of our experience.

Room Tip: For quiet, ask for a room back from the highway.