“Spent a week - LOVED it.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Medford
SacramentoCA
“Spent a week - LOVED it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Oh, the joys of a tween's softball tournament.... 6 days at a hotel to play 4 games... but I digress.

We visited this property for a softball tournament with 10 other families. (My apologies to those who stayed there when we did... team rules prevented the girls from doing bad stuff, but us parents... Yeh, that was us latenight boozing on the patio. SORRY!)

This property and their staff were outstanding. Our little family challenged every one of the staffers, be it maintenance (the dresser drawer fell out of the frame), the maids (more towels please?), restaurant (yup, another beer. oh and how about hummus and chips?!), and front desk staff (yup, lost another key), and EVERYONE was great. Again, apologies if we overwhelmed your guests with lobby takeovers!

The property is away from the downtown, next to the airport ( I heard ONE plane take off while we were there, and between-room noise was non-existent, so it's a quiet place.) but it's close to Fred Meyers, and a hop-skip-and-jump to the mall, cute downtown and other amenities.

The inside pool was surprising, but it worked because Medford was smoked-in by wildfires. The outside patio was lovely for groups to sit and chat and the lobby was SPECTACULAR for game playing, delicious breakfasts and out-of-the-room TV watching. They had charming dining booths that seated up to 6 people and had their very own TVs, plus big couches and assemblies of modern chairs. Very cool.

We utilized laundry services nightly and that was lovely. The gym is petite, maxes out at 2 people in there, I'd guess. But it wasn't busy .A crossfit box, The Den, was super close and a great workout for this mom. Free wifi that you have to renew every day. For us, with our long stay, that was a bit annoying.

They had a nice, if pricey, pantry that featured cold beer. Their small restaurant/bar closed at 10 PM. Food was very good. Try the breakfast eggwhite sandwich - yum! We had a fridge in our two-queen room.

Cool feature in their lobby I'd not seen before - a gi-normous touch screen telling news, weather, local information, etc.

Room Tip: Out of the front is the airport, out the back is an empty field. There were some rooms that seemed t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Harbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I often fly out of Medford and live 2 1/2 hours away so this is the perfect place for a quick overnight for the 5:45 to Denver. Rooms are clean, hotel is right next to the airport, but not too noisy. The evening front desk guy was a little snippy, but the lady in the morning was very friendly and helpful. Almost no wait on the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Paulie H,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Medford Airport and for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. It sounds like you have stayed with us before when flying out of Rogue Valley International Airport. I am glad you find our location clean, quiet, and convenient for your trips. I was, however, disappointed to read about your interaction with our staff. Please know that it has been addressed and I am confident it will not happen again in the future.

Again, we appreciate your feedback, and thank you for allowing us to host you before your trips. If I can be of service in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Recently was going to Crater Lake Nationak Park, was advised there was very few places to stay near park. We decided tostay in Medford and drive to park. We selected the Courtyard and was very much pleased. The rooms were exceptional and the staff was very accomodating. Plenty of places to eat near by and the fact that it was near the airport had no negative effects on our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This Hotel is very close to the airport and an easy walk if you don't want to rent a car. It is also surprisingly quiet for being so close to the airport. Rooms were very clean and staff was courteous. I don't expect much from an airport hotel, so it easy to surpass expectations which this hotel easily did. A good place to stay if airport convenience is important.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Seph B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Medford Airport. It sounds like you had a pleasant stay. Should your travels ever bring you back to the Medford area, please let us know.

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When we got here, I was disappointed to find that I had mixed up the Marriotts & chosen wrong. I had planned on being on the South side of Medford so was disappointed when it was north.
The hotel itself is clean. We were in a double queen with a pull out couch. Overall we were comfortable, although we did have a hard time getting the room to stay a comfortable temperature with the window AC unit. The pool was small but ok. In room coffee was decent. I was disappointed that there wasn't a breakfast included but if I had chosen correctly we would have had one. The bathroom door was squeekie. In the future, I will be traveling with a small tube of vaseline to fix this all too common problem.
When the in lobby bar closed, our neighbors returned to their room & we soon realized that walls were not sound proofed enough. However, they were loud & drunk so maybe the average traveler would not be so noticeable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sabbysguide,
Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us improve the product and service we offer our future guests. If I can be of service in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Clean, comfortable, nicely laid out rooms with bright decor. Unlike other reviewers I was less than impressed with the front desk staff. It appeared that the praise has gone to their heads. The room mostly made up for their brusque treatment. Windows that open, AC worked, room was spotless and quiet even though close to busy Biddle Road. The little refrigerator even froze our water bottles solid for our trip the next day. The fridge also proved an annoyance as its proximity to the bed allowed its vibration and hum to be clearly heard and felt while trying to sleep.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMedford, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
RainCityGal425,

Thank you for your recent review of the Courtyard Medford Airport. I was glad to read you enjoyed your room. Our housekeeping department does a great job in taking care of the hotel. I was, however, dissapointed to read about the impression our front desk staff left on you. At the Courtyard we strive to make sure every guest has a memorable experience, and in this case it sounds like we fell short. The impression you got is not the image we strive for and I would like to make sure we are able to address it immediately. If possible I would like to talk to you in greater detail about your experience, so we can ensure something like this does not happen again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. In regards to the refrigerator, I will definitely pass this information on to our Engineer so we can look into the situation.

Again, thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me in regards to these or any other matters. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly at (541) 772-5656.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as our rest stop for exploring the Crater Lake NP. This hotel looks modern, very clean, very new. As with the review before me, I do find this hotel quite like an oasis! We have travelled approximately 7 hours from Port Angeles, WA before getting to the hotel (we visited Olympic NP). The coin laundry was really helpful for us. I'm also glad to be able to get starbucks coffee right in the hotel before my morning drive into the national park. I got the hotel as a three star from PL NYOP medford central point and was really very happy with my lucky find! Crater Lake NP is still about 2 hours drive away but I will recommend this for someone who likes modern comfort, assurance of the marriott brand and yet be reasonably close to a national park.

• Stayed July 2013
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Maaydaay,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Medford Airport. First of all, what an amazing trip. It sounds like you were able to get at least two of the Pacific Northwest most spectacular National Parks in, in one vacation. Crater Lake is definitely a magical place and I am glad we could be a part of that experience. When your on a trip such as yours, I would agree, it is nice to have amenities such as the coin laundry and 24-hour Starbucks service.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, if you are ever back this way.

J.B. Carney

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport? Share your experiences!