“Super clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Medford
Seattle, Washington
“Super clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Clean, comfortable, nicely laid out rooms with bright decor. Unlike other reviewers I was less than impressed with the front desk staff. It appeared that the praise has gone to their heads. The room mostly made up for their brusque treatment. Windows that open, AC worked, room was spotless and quiet even though close to busy Biddle Road. The little refrigerator even froze our water bottles solid for our trip the next day. The fridge also proved an annoyance as its proximity to the bed allowed its vibration and hum to be clearly heard and felt while trying to sleep.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMedford, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
RainCityGal425,

Thank you for your recent review of the Courtyard Medford Airport. I was glad to read you enjoyed your room. Our housekeeping department does a great job in taking care of the hotel. I was, however, dissapointed to read about the impression our front desk staff left on you. At the Courtyard we strive to make sure every guest has a memorable experience, and in this case it sounds like we fell short. The impression you got is not the image we strive for and I would like to make sure we are able to address it immediately. If possible I would like to talk to you in greater detail about your experience, so we can ensure something like this does not happen again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. In regards to the refrigerator, I will definitely pass this information on to our Engineer so we can look into the situation.

Again, thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me in regards to these or any other matters. I can be reached by calling the hotel directly at (541) 772-5656.

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as our rest stop for exploring the Crater Lake NP. This hotel looks modern, very clean, very new. As with the review before me, I do find this hotel quite like an oasis! We have travelled approximately 7 hours from Port Angeles, WA before getting to the hotel (we visited Olympic NP). The coin laundry was really helpful for us. I'm also glad to be able to get starbucks coffee right in the hotel before my morning drive into the national park. I got the hotel as a three star from PL NYOP medford central point and was really very happy with my lucky find! Crater Lake NP is still about 2 hours drive away but I will recommend this for someone who likes modern comfort, assurance of the marriott brand and yet be reasonably close to a national park.

• Stayed July 2013
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Maaydaay,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Medford Airport. First of all, what an amazing trip. It sounds like you were able to get at least two of the Pacific Northwest most spectacular National Parks in, in one vacation. Crater Lake is definitely a magical place and I am glad we could be a part of that experience. When your on a trip such as yours, I would agree, it is nice to have amenities such as the coin laundry and 24-hour Starbucks service.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again, if you are ever back this way.

Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We've had a great and week-long (budget stay with the family) on the Oregon coast and now are headed down I5 lickety split to get home to SoCal. After a beautiful but long ride down the Oregon section of HWY 101 and transiting the Coastal range AND the Siskiyus, I wanted a little taste of luxury (everything is relative). Marriott Medford Airport is quiet, cool, attractively decorated and the helpful and efficient desk person (thank you, Justin) beat hotels.com rate significantly and before I knew it, I was listening to BBC news on my brand new iPad Mini with their FREE and pretty speedy wifi. Bistro was a welcome, simple and convenient alternative to the gastropubs and fairly expensive (but delicious) food on the Coast. Hotel is adjacent to the airport and my husband was pleased to see a well maintained B-29 on static display as we drove past A/P HQ. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
June L,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I must say this is the first time I have heard our hotel described as, “an oasis of serenity and comfort”. Thank you for that. I always like reading when guests have an enjoyable stay. In regards to your specific comments about Justin, I will be sure to share them with him. He will be pleased to hear you mentioned him by name.

Thank you again for your comments. If you are ever back in the Medford area, please let us know.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for four nights. Check-in was fast and requests made on reservation were given with no problem. Very nice room with free internet, coffee maker, small refrigerator, good size bathroom. Food downstairs was also good and they can make a limited menu of Starbucks drinks. Indoor pool and exercise room were all fine. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear TheV's,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport. I always enjoy hearing from our guests and reading about their experience. We have a tremendous team in place that takes great pride in providing a memorable experience for each and every guest. Based on the comments I just read, it sounds like we were successful in our endeavors.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard Medford Airport and for taking the time to share your expereince. If there is anything we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff was good, the building not so much. The bathroom fan sounded like it was about to lift off with lots of squeaks and chirps. I came back from dinner to find the entry light had burned out and the breaker in the bathroom had been tripped even though nothing had been plugged in/used. The walls were paper thin and made for a long night of hearing everything next door. The elevator seemed to have some issues and was very slow and not a smooth ride, the carpeted floor in the elevator appeared to need a deep cleaning. I was very disappointed since the building seems relatively new, just poorly constructed. The next time I am in Medford I will find somewhere else to stay.

Room Tip: Paper thin walls, stay somewhere else if you value your sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Lief_H

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Although I was dissapointed to read your comments, your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it assists us in addressing these issues.

First, please accept my sincerest apology. The experience you had at our hotel is not the experience we strive to provide our guest. As the General Manager of this hotel, I take the satisfaction of our guest very seriously. Please know that I will personally look into each these matters and though there are certain things I cannot control, I will do everything in my power to address those I can.

Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of assistance in any other way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The receptionist wanted to know what brought us to Medford and other than as a gateway to Crater Lake, ther really is no reason to stay overnight here.
However if you do, the Courtyard is a realible place to do so.Starbucks provide breakfast in the lobby.The weather was vey good during my stay but this hotel did not have any outdoor space for sitting around enjoying the sunset.Good for a stopover rather than a vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
LBJDublin,
Thank you for your recent response on TripAdvisor! It sounds like overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I would agree this is a nice stop if you plan to visit Crater Lake, and being able to grab your favorite Starbucks drink on your way out the door is an added perk. I was, however, dissapointed to read that we did not provide you with more information about Medford and the surrounding Rogue Valley. Whether it is award winning vineyards, world class theater, or thrilling white water rafting, Southern Oregon has a lot to offer. Perhaps if we had taken the time to share more information about the local area, you may have gotten a different impression of Sourthern Oregon.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It only helps us improve upon the service we offer our guest. In the future I will make sure we are more proactive in sharing all of the wonderful activities this area has to offer.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here a total of 6 different times over a 2.5 month period. Every stay was excellent in cleanliness, and ease of check-in/checkout and the staff was always great. After my first stay, Roxanne (I think that is her name) was able to go through all my reservations at once and got all my info in and signed me up for the elite program. I would stay here anytime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardMedford, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Randy-A999,
Thank you for your comments. Our staff takes great pride in not only providing a clean room and a smooth check-in/check-out process, but also a memorable experience. It sounds like during your six stays we were successful in accomplishing this. I was also pleased to read that Roxanne was able to sign you up for Marriott Rewards. It is because of loyal guest such as yourself, we are able to do what we do. Thank you agin for taking the time to let us know about your experience and thank you for chosing the Courtyard Medford Airport.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Medford.

J.B. Carney

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Medford Airport? Share your experiences!