“Can't Believe Porter's is Ranked #1” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Porters - Dining at the Depot

Porters - Dining at the Depot
147 North Front St, Medford, OR 97501-5904 (Formerly Porters)
5418571910
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 238 Restaurants in Medford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Dessert, Pacific Rim
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night Food, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautifully restored 1910 National Historic Landmark Train Station. Seating for several hundred, romantic outdoor dining and stunning craftsman style full bar. Happy Hour and Tappy Hour. Entrees starting at $10.
Medford, OR
“Can't Believe Porter's is Ranked #1”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I have given Porter's a chance about four times now, and no more! The food is mediocre. Once we were seated in a booth adjacent to the kitchen and it was so noisy, we had to ask to move. It is a good place for a drink, and their garden outside is nice in warm weather. Otherwise, I'd take a pass.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Medford, OR
“The Standard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I've probably eaten at Porters 20-30 times in the past year. While it may not stack up to what a big city offers, I rate it "excellent" for the Medford area. I typically get one of the steaks, and do not recall ever being disappointed. The food is consistent and the service is almost always phenomenal. I recommend the bar patio, as it is a bit more casual (the main seating area is fairly stuffy). It's become sort of a standard for the area: if you have a business meeting, you can't go wrong here, while many other restaurants here are very hit-or-miss.

Oregon
“Not worth the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I live in Medford and have eaten at Porter's a number of times now. By and large the service at this restaurant is excellent, and they have some very good bartenders on staff. However, about half the time the food is terrible and the other half it is terrific, so it can be a roll of the dice. For example, my wife and I stopped in to have a bite at the bar last week. I ordered a cheeseburger. By the time it got to me, it was not only so overcooked that there was about 1/4 inch of char on it, but it was cold. Other times the food has been out in record time and perfectly prepared. So just be prepared for it to go either way.

OREGON, USA
“Nice place for good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

The hostess went out of the way to make sure everything was good, even calling me by name on the way out (I had made reservations) they get extra points for the work needed to remember my name amongst the crowd. The food was good but the prime rib was not as tender as I'm used to. The bread pudding was delicious and worth the calories. The waitstaff or "porter" was very nice engaging in conversation. Kudos to the staff!

yreka
“The best Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I took my kids out to try Porters steak house. The Best steak I have ever had, such good flavor. The prime rib and fish and chips were also excellent. Even the blond waitress with the pony tail was awesome. Nice place to eat