“Enjoyed This” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Medford, Oregon
“Enjoyed This”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I saw this place driving by near my home. I have eaten there only once and plan to go back. I had a hot dog with there Gold Sauce, which is a combination of BBQ sauce and mustard. Prices are okay, atmosphere comfortable, waitstaff helpfull and pleasant.

Visited August 2013

57% Recommend
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Best burger in a long time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We decided to try Jake's today, instead of going to Red Robin. My wife had the Jr. Cheeseburger which was the size of a normal burger anywhere else. I had the Big Cheesy Burger. Wife had onions and mushrooms on hers, plus we tried the onion rings.
Service was great, although there weren't many customers when we were there. Food was served quickly and they brought us our meal to the table. Onion rings were good, not great, but no complaints. Cooked well, not greasy, and the onions were cooked inside, although not a huge portion. The big cheesy was, well, cheesy. REAL CHEESY. Two big patties, 4 slices of cheese and a unique "inside out" bun that looked kind of strange, but actually worked well. This was the first time in years I could not finish a whole burger. I really like this burger. The flavor and texture was very good and not dry at all.
I thought the burgers were very reasonably priced for the size and quality. I recently posted a review of Jasper's (not good) and this place wins hands down for me.
I would give 5 stars except that it wasn't busy, and if it were, that might make a difference. I definitely want to try Jake's again, and see if they hold up.
No way would I consider fighting the crowds at Jasper's when I can go to Jake's instead.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Talent, Oregon
“pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went with my dad after a movie, had a couple of draft beers and then we both had cheeseburgers and shared a basket of fries. The burger was about $5, pretty reasonable actually compared to other hamburger places such as Red Robin nearby. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired, but would go back, I thought the burger had good flavor.

Visited July 2013
Medford, Oregon
“OK food, Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate at Jake's 5 times between the time they opened and June 2013. Each and every time we had problems getting the items we ordered. The last time I actually went back and checked on a missing milkshake 3 times and they kept saying we are working on it. Finally we finished our food and asked for a refund and they had a fight going on between them about who should have made it. Not good.
The burgers were ok, but the meat was kind of bland with no browning for flavor at all. On several of the burgers the "tomato" was the size of a quarter! Not acceptable for the price.
The fries were pretty good, but greasy.
In summary, for us it is not worth the order mess-ups, and high price for the quality delivered.
And we had such high hopes!

• Visited May 2013