“Step back in time” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Medford, Oregon
“Step back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The owner was the first person we met, and she was friendly and courteous, and dressed in the spirit of the 50's. The menu certainly fits the period, and the food was beautifully presented, tasted wonderful and was also in the portions of the 50's. The place was extremely clean and appealing; even the restrooms looked like they were just completed. A meeting room is available for special groups. We will definitely go back for more.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Harare, Zimbabwe
“Another great American Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We found this small diner when we had to visit US Cellular and what caught my attention was the word "Pie". Although I did not eat the pie here is looked pretty good. Service was very good, fast and efficient. Coffee was kept filled and the waitress kept an eye on us. The menu is very extensive, but what caught my eye was the fact that everything that requires baking is done on the premises. The food was exceptionally good. The homemade biscuits light and fluffy with great portions of hash browns etc. More than enough to keep us going for the day. I would definitely recommend this diner for breakfast or brunch. We went back for a return trip on Sunday morning, sadly enough to find them closed. However in their defence the shopping area was pretty dead itself.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rainier, Oregon
“Yummy don't miss it ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had breakfast service was fast food was really good. Don't miss their homemade sausage and English toast. You can bet I'll be back!

Jacksonville, Oregon
“Not a fan !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Place was packed! Bad thing is its just your average food nothing that stands out and say wow! I think the price point is pretty high too there for some of there bigger breakfasts..it's was just very average ...wanted to really like it but I rather just cook at home and save money ..

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jim N Connie R, Owner at Punky's Diner & Pies, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I read your review and was disappointed you did not find us a delicious and happy place to be. You did not say what you ate so it is hard for me to know what to do or how to respond. We have so many great menu items its difficult to have someone write a review based on just one. We always hope, if someone is disappointed in what we serve, they will say so while we can do something about it, ie, give them a different menu item, take their ticket and meal is free, or offer them free meal next visit. We work hard, to make sure all our customers are happy, and I am sorry we missed the opportunity to make you a long time customer.
Many blessings
Jim Ronda
PS If you wouldn't mind, I would like to know what you ordered. Thanks. punkysdiner@gmail.com
Medford, Oregon
“Just Not That Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very bland and flavorless. Cute diner, nice staff not very delicious. There are better breakfasts in town.

Visited November 2013