“The New Shiki” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
White City, Oregon
“The New Shiki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you know Medford then you know Shiki. Shiki has moved to the Red Rock Building and has definitely added some great SushI to an already great restaurant. This is a cozy place for couples.The first time I ate here I ordered an Asian Fusion dish of Crab Ravioli with Green Curry sauce. A combination of Real Crab Ravioli and Green Curry Sauce that was very flavorful and creamy, Last night my wife and I went again this time for Sushi. My wife and I started with the Fresh Rolls with Shrimp and Peanut Sauce. This is an amazing roll. The Sushi was fresh and tasty. The overall experience met my expectation. Give this place a go!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fooled me Twice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Tried again... won't go for a third. Super slow service. Ok food. People working have no concept of multitasking and are oblivious to the fact that people come on their lunch hours. After an hour, had to ask for the food to-go (this is after telling the server we were on our lunch hour). Order wasn't right and the egg roll that came with the lunch special was stone-cold! Go to Siam Cafe if you want delicious, authentic Thai and don't care about ambiance.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MEDFORD
“Refreshing seafood salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Last evening my wife and I returned to My Plate for the third time since they opened in August. I remain stunned by their delicious oyster shooters of which I partook a pair. My wife ordered the nightly special shrimp and aspargus plate which was infused with a delicious sauce. I had another of the specials, a sea scallop salad served on a crisp wonton-it was wonderful, consisting of numerous bay scallops with mango pieces, small pieces of red onion and miscellaneous other vegetables, prepared ceviche style.
We will definitely return to sample other dishes at this venue, which I consider by far the best new addition to the Rogue Valley eateries.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We finally tried out My Plate Asian Fusion and Bar in Medford. They took over the old Red Rock building which has seen a lot of restaurants come and go. Let's hope this one sticks around. There were four in our party. We tried a variety of appetizers and main dishes. All were very good. The yellow curry was excellent. The Kabi ribs were flavorful, but had cooled off by the time they were served. Our server was delightful. She appropriately engaged in conversation and had great suggestions for cocktails. Don't miss out on the coconut martini and the Heat of Passion martini. Yum! The makeover of the restaurant is beautiful. I especially loved the paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling and the mural out front, beautiful.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

What a wonderful dining experience. The food was incredible...the decor was amazing and the drinks were top of the line. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Come in and enjoy....

Visited September 2012