“Great hotel. Great staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors 2X Points Pkg
Ranked #6 of 34 hotels in Medford
Portland, Oregon
“Great hotel. Great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Was in Medford on a business trip and decided to try the Hampton Inn there. It is set back from the highway which I prefer, but had easy access from the airport. Maybe a 4 minute drive at most. I travel quite a bit on business and found this to be a very solid hotel for business travelers. Rooms were clean, updated and quiet. Great beds. Interenet access worked great. Hot shower in the morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful with a speedy check in, directions about town and helping to find a good place to eat. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the Medford area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you! We are here to serve. Its nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service that was provided. See you next time!

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I got in at 6am and managed to score a jacuzi room for $84. Except since I got in to "late", I wasn't charged for "that day", and was only charged for the night later on. So I got to sleep in a wonderful bed and enjoy a great tub for two "nights" for very cheap.

The 4 pillows on the bed were very nice. Poofy, almost memory foamy or maybe full or nice Down, not sure but they were not just standard pillows.

The heater vibrated a little though. I had to remove the faceplate to stop it from vibrating. that was easy though, and minor.

Lots of nearby places to eat and shop. Very good location. I was sad to leave this hotel, it was a nice break from the chaos of life.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I am happy to hear about your positive experience during your stay with us! Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at the Medford Hampton in Feb of 2013. Found that the rooms and furnishings are definitely in need of an upgrade. Furniture and beds all a bit dated. Lobby is recently renovated but not much else. As noted elsewhere, the breakfast food is barely adequate.

Away from highway , which keeps it nice and quiet but ask for top floor room because all steps in upper level rooms above are very audible in rooms below. Check Trip Advisor for best restaurants of which there are several nearby.

Room Tip: Choose upper level rooms. Good elevator service.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments. I am glad you like the new lobby. You will be happy to know that our rooms will be going through a complete renovation very soon and will include ergonomic desk chairs, all new furnishings and mattresses, new carpet and much more! We vary our breakfast daily and, in addition to our hot items, waffles, homemade oatmeal, etc., we are now purchasing our breakfast pastries and bagels from two local bakeries. I hope you will try them on your next visit...They are sure to please!
Brea, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice hotel to stay. It was very conveniently located, near the mall, near the airport and best service possible. Poor breakfast, however they had plenty of items, but I was looking for a meat item:). Very satasfied. If you have to sty in Medford this is it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We are very proud of our staff and the service that they provide. I appreciate your noticing and taking time to tell us! We usually provide a meat pairing along with our daily egg offering but occasionally pair the eggs with breakfast potatoes especially when the egg offering contains meat. For example, our scrambled eggs with ham and cheese or our western omlettes usually are accompanied by breakfast potatoes in consideration of those that do not eat meat. We are excited to now offer locally backed cinnamon rolls, scones and muffing as part of our extensive breakfast offerings. I do hope you will try them the next time you have the occasion to be in Medford.
Springfield, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

"Mr. Godfrey,

My son and I stayed at your hotel this past Saturday night. I have stayed at Hampton Inns in the past during multiple trips, including one driving across the country where we stayed at Hampton Inns only on each night of our trip, and have always gone there because I could count on it to be extremely nice, clean, and comfortable. After our stay at your hotel this past weekend I will never feel the same way about the brand.

The first problem happened when we arrived and there was construction in the lobby. It would have been nice to be informed about that prior to our arrival because my son has autism and the noise and smells made him extremely anxious. If I had been informed about this at the time I made the reservation I could have prepared him better for that situation. Next as we were checking in the girl who was working questioned me about why we needed the accessible room. I had to explain it to her in front of my son, who is self-conscious and gets embarrassed when I talk about him, especially when I discuss his special needs. He actually does need the additional restroom supports and I felt it was inappropriate for her to ask. I did not appreciate her embarrassing him like that. When we went to the room I noticed that the bathroom smelled like deodorizer and urine. The bathtub was stained and a little moldy and there was grunge in the corners. Later that night I stepped on a piece of chewed up gum with a hair in it, and that is when I noticed how dirty the carpet was. It was stained and had crumbs all over it. When we went to the pool it had a musty smell and a ring of mildew underneath the inner edge.

The next morning we were awakened EARLY by the sound of the housekeepers talking loudly in the hallway. It must have lasted for at least an hour. Maybe if they spent more time cleaning and less time talking your hotel would not be do disgusting. We went downstairs and I spoke with the young man who was working at the time and he offered me some water, candy, and a $5 Subway gift card as a consolation. After we went back up to get our things together the housekeepers proceeded to stand outside our room talking, and when my son made a loud noise they knocked on the door to see if they could clean it at 9:30 am, even though they knew we were still in there because they had seen us going in and could hear us inside. As we were leaving they stood in the hallway pointing and whispering about how I was the lady who had stepped on the gum. Seriously? This experience was totally shocking considering the level of comfort and service we have had at every other Hampton Inn we have stayed in. I am completely shocked by how horrible it was. Vitamin water, candy, and a $5 sandwich do not nearly make up for the discomfort I experienced.

Anastasia Boffoli"

I have not received any response back.

Room Tip: Be sure to inspect your room and any other areas you plan to use prior to checking in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
The remodel of our lobby is now complete and we can offer a beautiful updated product for our guests. Of course, any remodel is not without the pain of going through the inconvenience of the construction. I am sorry that it impacted your stay. Please know that asking for information regarding those needing an accessible room is only done for the safety of our guests. If a fire or other disaster should take place, our ADA log book would give emergency personnel valuable information that could save lives.
West Hills, CA, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in Jan for one night while in transit to Canada. Hotel was clean, staff was very courteous. Beds are typical Hampton but you could tell they were coming to the end of their cycle. Breakfast was about a 3-3.5 - Satisfying but not great. In general a good but dated stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip through our area and for your kind comments. You will be pleased to know that we have just completed a beautiful renovation of our lobby, breakfast area, front desk and fitness room. I'm sure you will absolutely love the result!
Black Diamond, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the last 6 years. Each time, it gets more tired. Current construction may improve the dining room but for the price, there are better options available in the Medford area. I will try something else the next trip.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the "roll-away". At $10 per night it is worse than sleeping on the flo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Medford? Share your experiences!