“Great food, slow service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Eugene, Oregon
“Great food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The food is excellent, my adult daughter, friend and I had lunch her on a saturday. The restaurant was not very busy, but the waitress was slow. My friend and I split the reuben sandwich was huge. It was good but we had to ask for extra dressing as it was a little dry. The fried pickle appetizer was only $5 and the portion was gigantic. Probably 40 pieces! My daughter had the bbq burger which was also very good. We were not asked once during our 90 minute stay if we wanted drink refills, I asked for ice tea and was given pepsi, when I told the waitress this, she said I gave you ice tea, I had to show her the glass for her to believe me. The decor is very fun and it is a big restaurant and I imagine a lot of fun when it turns into a bar at night. Will definitely give it another shot as it is a really nice restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Medford, Oregon
“Visiting the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having Irish blood myself, I had to give this place a try. A friend, who also has Irish roots, took me there for a birthday. They were offering a "homemade" Chicken Pot Pie special that night, which was, without doubt, the best I've ever had. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, but perhaps a little more spendy than some other places. Still, the quality and portion made it worth the price. One other positive for us, was that the "bar" portion of the premises were in an upstairs location while the family area was downstairs. We appreciated the separation. Definitely recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Oregon
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Met some girlfriends for lunch, we sat upstairs. The small sofa's and chairs were placed around a large square coffee table. This was fine to enjoy a glass of wine before lunch but very awkward to eat our meal at, the table was too far away and too low. We will choose a regular table if we return. Our food was just OK, I had fish and chips and the best part about it was it was served hot. The building is interesting and they have done it up nicely.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
wilmington
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The decor is great. I was very optimistic that we were going to get a good meal considering the prices were a little high for a bar. We got corned beef and cabbage and a mushroom swiss burger. Awful! The corned beef was dry, tasteless and was like something out of a can. The burger was overcooked, the bun was just that, a bun. It wasn't toasted or dressed. The tomato was yellowish orange. The fries were very good and so were the fried pickles. At least they can fry food.
The service was horrible. We had ordered alcohol and got 1 drink. We never got visited again to get a refill (huge mistake in the business) or to check on our dinner. We had to grab a different worker to at least get our check. We will NOT return.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Highly recommended by locals, but we avoided it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Was recommended by a few locals for our need to get some grub in a sports bar type environment. We went here and though the place is well kept up and clean there just wasn't anybody there, it was pretty empty on a Wed Nite, thus we decided to pursue another venue.

• Visited January 2014