“so so” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 35 hotels in Medford
Oregon
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Got the motel with priceline.com, which prompted an immediate problem with manager. I was under the impression that when I booked on line, I had paid for the room. When I arrived to sign in, I was told I had to pay. So, I questioned the manager, he got mad, and he got his boss on the phone. I paid, got to my room and called priceline, and they confirmed what the manager said. I apologized. I was on my own, so got a single. Very spartan, other than the micro and refrig, no other amenities. One SMALL bar of soap, no shampoo or hand cream, as I've found in all my other stays at different motels. From my inspection, the place was clean, the bed was comfortable, which probably doesn't matter because I never have problems sleeping....It served it's purpose at a reaonable rate...this being 9/30/12, and when I left the next morning, the place was practically empty. Perhaps next time I will just arrive at some place and find a room by stopping and comparing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

These people are completely useless. I came down to visit relatives and apparently they have a curfew of 9pm. They called me and told me if i didn't ask my visitors to leave they would charge me $10 per person per hour past their curfew.Which was not in the contract. The free wifi is almost impossible to use. And when i tried calling the desk they hung up on me twice. When i got in my room they only supplied me with a half a roll of tp. And the room was way less than i expected. I am never going back and suggest you avoid them and tell your friends to do so

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010 via mobile

Have stayed here on and off since 2003 staff is very rude and room stay broke ie the bath n shower faucet and I was sold a kitchenette with a broke range and no broiler over had no working thermostat staff is rude and heavy drug trafficing to occur

• Stayed August 2012
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

So - it's just a motel in a typical US 99 strip of auto dealers and cheap motels. But it's inexpensive, the owners are nice, and it's got what you need (decent bed, good shower, fridge & microwave, very clean, and quiet too (since it's on 99, and therefore set back a bit from 5). It's convenient to the I-5/Crater Lake Highway interchange.

We accidentally left our camera battery charger, with spare battery, plugged into the wall. I called a couple of days later and no, they were quite certain there was nothing left in our room, her husband had checked. That night she took the trouble to call me and tell me that while vacuuming she discovered it and they are mailing it to me.

So - if looking for a decent, inexpensive motel while going through Medford this place is fine. Note however that they do not offer any free breakfast or anything like that. What they will give you is a decent place to sleep for less than $50.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Redwood Inn Motel Medford? Share your experiences!