“Great and spotless place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

America's Best Inns & Suites Pear Tree Motel
300 Pear Tree Lane, Medford, OR 97504-9435   |
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Great and spotless place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for a whole month while dealing with my truck being in the shop.
The owners are so gracious and undrstanding, I was pleasantly surprised by their kindness as well as their availability to my every need.
Being a driver with my truck being in the shop getting worked on, they cattered to my basic shuttle needs form the bank, to the dealership, to walmart just to name a few.
The room was awesome and very clean, as well as the carpet, the comfort of the bed was absolutely up to par....Wouldn't think twice about staying there in the future.
Guess what? LOL, The Lady owner, Sandy, she shops at Macy's for her employees for surprise gifts, now who does that? LOL.
The RV'ers seem to love the place, as the hotel has an RV Resort behind it, their traffic in and out of the place was quite heavy, same goes for the mobile homes / campers.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody in search of a peaceful and relaxed stay!
By the way one of the front desk employees, the one resembling "Super Mario" , his name is Dameion....GREAT GUY with a Huge Heart!
This hotel/ Rv Resort also offers great discounts at surrounding restaurants!

Alex N.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed here 8 days and enjoyed ourselves. The bed was comfortable the room spacious. Hot water in the morning for showers. No microwave in room, but one was provided in the lobby, close to our room. Breakfast was as stated above, only toast, English muffins, two kinds of cereal, two kinds of juice, and an assortment of pastries. Not a problem for us, because we don't eat much for breakfast. Other motels may give you more, but you pay for it too in a higher room rate.

Because it is next to the freeway you hear some road noise, but it didn't bother us, maybe others would object. Our room was clean an noise free from other rooms.

We made the mistake of reserving our room from ReservationCounter.com and were charged $562.80 for our 8 day stay. When we arrived the assistant manager Dameion Rivera informed us that we were being overcharged. He was able to save us $92. He even helped get our original credit charge reimbursed, plus a bogus cancellation fee that ReservationCounter.com had tried to assess us. Kudos to Dameion Rivera.

Total for our 8 day stay with taxes cost $470.80.

Room Tip: Rooms on backside may be noisier because of truck parking with their compressors running at night.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We paid $65, so I'm thinking we may have gotten a better price had we been online and could have used hotels.com! The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfy. I like when the tub and toilet are separate from the vanity...it was! Coffee pot, hair dryer, wifi, cable TV...we only stayed one night, but will return when back in the Medford area. My only complaint is that the freezer in the small refrigerator was in dire need of defrosting, so the available space was extremely small. If we were going to stay a few nights, I'd have defrosted it myself!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Gardnerville, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

The hotel is great, for the price we paid using Hotels.com you can not beat the value, we payed under $40 per night for the hotel. When we arrived on the back of the door the average price for the room said $98. The room has lots of space, could fit another king bed in the room and still have space to walk between the beds. Flat screen TV for those you are needing one, has an iron and ironing board, nice size bathroom and table and such. Only downfalls are there is no microwave in the room and the location is a little bit out of town and on the main highway, but worth the drive if you can save the money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We arrived toward the end of the Shakespeare Festival and were pleased that they were able to accommodate us as walk-ins at 11pm. The staff was very friendly and I felt like they were thorough in letting us know everything that would help make things more convenient for us.

The price was the best we could find anywhere in the area and I expected to find a very stripped down room. I was surprised to find the opposite; a very complete room with 2 queen beds, a table with chairs, desk, mirror, armoire with tv, microwave and refrigerator!

It probably seems piddly, but I thought the shower was great. It was a shower in a tub, but the shape of it made lots of space for bottles and the shower curtain rod was crescent-shaped to give more space. The shower curtain was extra cool because the top third was made out of a mesh fabric that you can see through. It's the little things.

The bed was only moderately comfortable. It sank in the middle and I had back pain all night. I've experienced worse, though.

Also included was a continental breakfast. The breakfast is the only reason why I only gave 4 stars instead of 5. The breakfast consisted of bagels, English muffins, bread and cereal. None of the bread products were even tasty. I ended up throwing away my bagel. It was that gross. The only protein in sight was the milk you could pour over your Raisin Bran or Frosted Flakes. I did appreciate that there were a couple of juice choices, but was disappointed that there was nothing fresh. In my past experience, continental breakfasts have fresh fruit available.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Nice little motel that really took care of my family. Everyone who worked there made sure that my family was taken care of. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Crescent City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

It's been a while since I stayed at my all time favorite motel in the Medford area, and I nearly went elsewhere because of the bad reviews online. I am writing this review because the place is even better in some respects. I had a nonsmoking room with two queen beds. All the bedding and the room was very clean, and the lights and climate control were already on in welcome ahead of my arrival. There was no smell of smoke, and no previous smoking hidden as my nose did not block up during the night. The rooms are unusually roomy, which I always appreciated when traveling with my family and staying all in one room. All the beds are now pillow top mattresses, which is an improvement that surprised me, and I slept soundly. The furniture in the rooms is quality wood furniture, and consists of a dining table with two coordinating padded chairs, and a chest of drawers/desk combo. Walls are pleasant textured wallpaper, and color coordinate with the dark green carpet and teal counters and chairs. The bathroom was clean and spotless, with plenty of good quality towels. I also double checked the pool and hot tub. Both were clear and clean. I looked over the RV portion, which had grass and trees surrounding each site and looked very pleasant. There is an associated truck stop portion to the property, but I did not hear the trucks in the room. Breakfast was in a separate room, and had the usual array of cereals and breads, fruit, and real apple and orange juice, and very good coffee. The hostess was very cordial and friendly. Rates are less than most motels of this quality, and repeat visitors always get a special low rate. Nearby is a restaurant and an Outlet Mall across the I5 that I always enjoy. Ashland is a few minutes south and Medford close to the North. This place is a gem, and I could not have been more pleased, and relieved, to know that this place still existed as I remembered it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family