“Best hotel in the Rogue Valley.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advance Purchase
Ranked #1 of 35 hotels in Medford
Bend, Oregon
“Best hotel in the Rogue Valley.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I typically spend 2-3 nights per week on the road with work and have seen a lot of hotels covering 4 states. The homewood suites in general are the best of the Hilton mainstay franchise. The location of the homewood in Medford is nice as it is not on a busy street and not right next to a freeway where you will stay up hearing cars all night. It is in a good location that is quick to access the freeway with dining options scattered in all directions. The free breakfast is always excellent with options for everyone. The dinners are not 5 star, but they are a nice option to entertain if you are looking to save money. Also, the staff is always welcoming and hospitable. This hotel is always my first choice of hotels in the Rogue Valley as I truly believe it is worth the money for what you get.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Wow, the title says it all, thank you for the wonderful compliments about the hotel and staff. We know that you are not at home, but we want you to feel like you are.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Medford.

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was actually my second time staying at this hotel within the last 6 months. The hotel is very clean and the staff are helpful and professional. It's in a nice location, away from the main road so you don't have to hear traffic, but close to lots of restaurants, IF you want to eat outside the hotel. They do provide a decent breakfast and dinner. They also have a very nice spacious fitness center. I did use a recommended delivery service "Muffins on the go" who will deliver you food from any local restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about the hotel and staff. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our many amenities.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Medford.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last couple months and it will be my first choice for a place to stay in Medford when I return again. WiFi is great, kitchenette is very helpful, laundramat was extremely helpful, staff is great. I did not have a chance to use the workout area, pool, or outdoor basketball court but they were enjoyed by others as I came and went. I felt very comfortable staying here for a week alone as well as earlier with my wife for several days. The breakfast gives several choices and always includes a couple juices and fruits as well as a large variety of breads, and a meat side also. I enjoyed every breakfast. The dinner option is helpful, but the one night I tried it, they were out of the potatoes less than an hour into the two hour dinner service. The dinner option though would be great for a family and would be a huge savings, but just go early! The hotel is kept very clean and comfortable and the staff is willing to help in any way possible. I highly recommend this Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: I love the top floor facing south toward the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know that you are not at Home, but we want you to feel like it.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Medford Area.
Stayton, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The best hotel in Oregon. Work takes me all over the great state of Oregon, Homewood Siutes by Hilton is my favorite place to stay. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, and always clean. Breakfast and dinner options are great. Everyone is friendly and concerned about your stay. I will stay here whenever I am in Medford. Thanks

Room Tip: I think they are all good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. What a great compliment, “Best hotel in Oregon”. I think that says it all!!

Lake Oswego, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because the light dinner at the hotel in the evening was an attractive option with my family traveling with me while I was in Medford for business. The dinner as well as the breakfast was very nice-good food options and the attendants were great. Staff were friendly and the pool was fine.
However, this hotel fell short in a very important way-you hear everything outside of your room and the rooms allow outside light to flood in. We were on the side of the hotel that faces the road (the one that leads you in from the interstate) and could hear road noise-we asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel but were told all rooms were full. We could hear the people in neighboring rooms and in the hallway, even though they were talking softly.
The windows have sheer curtains only, so a great deal of light came through into the sleeping areas.
These two things made for poor sleeping conditions for all of us.
Finally, the sleeper sofa our kids slept on was terrible. It was like being on a bed of metal bars with a sheet pulled over them. We have traveled enough to know there are sleeper sofas available that are far more comfortable than this.
We stayed at the Marriott the last time we were in Medford and that's where we'll stay next time. We'll miss the evening meal but will have the rest of the amenities this hotel offers and, most importantly, a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay. Regarding the curtains, every room has blackout drapes due to as you experienced light coming into the room, and also for security purposes. Sometimes the drapes are pulled all the way to the side and may not be visible. I will email you so I can find out what room you were in, to double check.

Please accept my apologies on the condition of the sofa sleeper in your room. I know how important it is to get a good night’s sleep and we did not provide one for you. I will have my maintenance department repair or replace it immediately.

Thank you for your business and I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Medford. I know you will not be disappointed
Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've got to say right up front that our stay was a major disappointment for a hotel top-rated by Trip Advisor. The upside was that the lady at the checkout counter bothered to ask us about our experience. She turned out to be Leanne, the assistant manager, who immediately erased the charge for our room since Homewood Suites guarantees a satisfactory experience. We didn't ask her to do that. We were only giving her the honest opinion she had asked for.

Anyway, here's what we didn't like. Our room was nowhere as clean or well-maintained as the one we stayed at a month earlier at the Rodeway Inn across the freeway, a much cheaper budget chain. The breakfast was not even on a par with that hotel, much less the Holiday Inn Express a few miles north. The building seems to have been built with no noise insulation and you can hear everything from the other rooms, the hallways and outside. Big, uneven gaps under the room doors invite noise in. The bathrooms have no exhaust fans, which offer some offsetting white noise, but connect all the bathrooms in each four story stack with each other via a central air conduit. You can hear every bodily function from the other guests in your stack, and they can hear yours. We asked for a quiet room, but were given one right by the elevator and just above the side entrance where all the smokers hang out and chat. The bed itself was comfortable, but the pillows, though there were several, each offered about as much support as a pillow case.

What did we like about this highly rated hotel? All of the personnel, not just Leanne, were friendly and efficient. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. The breakfast attendant was cheerful and kept the tables clean and cleared, the only positive thing I have to say about breakfast. The room was large and well-equipped for longer stays. The ability to pack a lot of kids and dogs into each room and cook meals there, however, seems to have made this hotel more attractive to large families and groups than out-of-town business people. That contributes to the noise and stained carpets.

The reaction of the assistant manager to our complaints shows that this hotel is trying to live up to its high reputation. Hopefully they will look into the areas where they dropped the ball during our visit.

Room Tip: They told us they put the families on the first floor and the doctors who need quiet on the fourth f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent stay. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused and will work to improve this process. I appreciate the kind comments regarding the staff as we try our best to make you feel at home while you are staying with us.

Thank you for your business and I hope that you will choose us again the next time you stay in Medford.
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My travel agency always requests a non-smoking room and yet if I arrive late in the evening I have twice now had to get my money back and go to a different hotel because the front desk has given away my non smoking room.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, ask for a room far away from the "smoking rooms" as this property...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies that we were unable to accommodate your request for a non-smoking room. What we have found is that many Travel Agents book a smoking room, (usually because that is all we have available) and then request a non-smoking room in the comments. We of course always try to accommodate all requests, but changing from a smoking room to a non-smoking room is more difficult. We do not move a guest who has already reserved a non-smoking room into a smoking room. If a guest cancels a non-smoking room, we will move a guest who requests a non-smoking room into that room.

Thank you for your business and my suggestion would be to speak with your Travel Agent and ask them to let you know when they book a smoking room instead of a non-smoking room. As requesting a non-smoking room will not guarantee you a non-smoking room.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford? Share your experiences!