“Wonderful Property...must stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Property...must stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been travelling the I-5 corrider enroute to Ca. & Arizona, every year for the past 20 plus years, & although we have stayed in Medford often, we usually stayed " in town " until last year.
Because of my recent discovery of H.W.S. in Palm Springs, and because it hit all my criteria for a) my specific price point & b) amenities provided, as well as the usual cleanliness etc. I thought we'd give HWS Medford a try.
From the excellent service provided by Sal & his wonderful staff ( excellent breakfast thanks to the creative chef who made a delicious spanish egg dish ), to the beautiful quiet room, & great location, just south off I-5, I highly reccommend this property.
We have visited twice this past year & I am happy to report this as a top rated hotel. Enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 different rooms, & both were great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am glad that you decided to give us a try and were happy with the results. All our staff try their very best to make each guest feel at home.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in the Medford Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Friendly competent staff, clean/well appointed room, very comfortable mattress and linens, all room items good quality and functioning, minimal but adequate exercise equipment, good selection of food items at breakfast, good security and parking. WiFi access generally good but sporadic at times.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience with us. We know that you are not at home, but we want you to feel like it.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in the Medford Area.
Gig Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is my second review as, credit where credit is due, this is a nice hotel and perfect location traveling south from Washington to California (for first stop). We have stayed in this hotel many times and always enjoyed their breakfast and comfortable rooms.

Unfrotunately, unlike many Homewoods by Hilton that we have stayed throughout the country, they will charge you $75.00 if you have a pet! Now I really do not consider myself cheap, but $75 for a $99 room seems egregiously punitive to me. Maybe if we were staying more than one night I could justify it, but $75 for one night for a 7lb. toy poodle?

They will tell you, (and I quote) "It's in the fine print". They will also tell you it's online (Be careful if you're reserving on your cell, you will miss it.) They will also tell you it's on a sign at check-in (It must be a very small sign.) The worst part is when you get your bill in the morning with the charge, you have already stayed the night and you're stuck. I even showed them a bill from my stay at their hotel three weeks earlier and we were not charged. (FYI, I did indicate I had a pet at that time.) They then reduced the charge (a little - not much).

They told me they charge this huge fee as the room has to be shut-down for 24 hours while they "deep clean" it. Really? I would think that would be the case for all rooms. Don't children sometimes leave messes? When I asked if they were sold out for the night (it was a Tuesday), they said no. Bottom line: It you tout yourself as "Pet Friendly" then... own it. Many hotels designate rooms for pets only - that's fine. Many charge a REfundable deposit, that too is fine. But charging a fee that almost doubles the cost of your stay does not smack of Pet Friendly to me.

So, lesson learned. I noticed a few business guests, hence I am sure they will do just fine without our business. Just a helpful hint to pet owners visiting Medford/Ashland: There are other hotels that really are pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your past experiences at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any confusion with our per fee. We do charge a $75 pet fee to allow a pet in our guest rooms. We do this because we do “deep clean” the guest room which entails changing out all bedding, as well as shampooing the carpets, furniture and drapes.

As with all of our guests rooms, we want the next guest who check’s in to that room to feel like they are the first person to stay in that room. We know many guests are allergic to pet dander as well, so this is even more important to make sure the room is completely free of any sign of a previous pet.

Thank you for your business and we will miss your business in the future.
Aloha, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The property was clean, and neat, doggy bags and walking areas are provided by the hotel. Our rooms were nicely appointed, and all amenities were available for us as advertised. This will be our new go to for visiting our family in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the rooms to be clean and well appointed.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Medford area to visit family.
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed in Medford on the first night of our 4 night journey from Washington state to Texas. I like Homewood Suites and was not disappointed with this one. The room was spacious and clean and the hotel is pet friendly - a huge plus considering we have have two dogs and we don't stay if they can't stay. The room was clean, there were plenty of restaurants in the area, and we had no problems or complaints whatsoever. What is really nice about the two room suite is that the dogs don't bark, which means we get to sleep through the night!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that we were able to start off your journey on a good note. I hope that the rest of your trip was as enjoyable.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you pass thru Medford.
Portland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to an event venue for work but I did not enjoy my stay. The staff was very friendly but the beds are too soft and the walls are thin so you can hear everything going on around you. Also there is no bar or restaurant on site.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. We always encourage our guests to inform us so we may be able to help with a solution such as relocate to another area of the hotel, or provide earplugs.

Thank you for your business and again we apologize for the poor experience you had with us.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife was accommodating me on a business trip to Medford. We had been told by a business associate to try your hotel. Our suite was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding due to the many options we had to choose from. Dinner was enjoyable and we where pleased we did not have to leave the hotel. Gracie was very accommodating and we like the local micro beer on tap. What a bonus! Front desk staff very professional with the exception of a man behind the counter who apparently had lacked knowledge with the system and Hilton s standard dress code. After many interruptions on this mans part we decided to return to our room. After a few minutes we called and got our questions answered by Ashley who was very helpful. We asked her what the janitors name was behind the front desk. She informed us it was Tommy. In all the times I have spent traveling in hotels around the country I have never had to deal with a janitor at the front desk. This is not the first staff member that I would like to be greeted by, coming or going.

Room Tip: The Fourth floor is the best floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that overall you had a pleasant experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments regarding Garcia and Ashley. Please accept my apologies for your poor experience with Tommy. Usually he is performing maintenance duties around the hotel and not at the front desk.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Medford Area.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford? Share your experiences!