“Great value, good eats” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Augusta,GA
“Great value, good eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed here during our time at the Shakespeare Festival. Conveniently off the interstate and about 20 minute drive to Ashland. The simple but very satisfying breakfasts (eggs, sausage, ham, "mc-muffiny type things, NOT just the usual sweet carbohydrate type continental foods) AND dinners offer great added value & convenience, especially to families I could see. Fitness room was basic, but that's not why we stayed here. Nice feature to have a small kitchen in the room to keep chilled items and re-heat food. Not fancy accommodations, but great value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Mfrhw, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

A no frills average hotel. I guess for the price, this is a decent hotel but don't expect to be wowed. There are no porters to grab your bags. No one shows up to make up your sofa bed. The grounds are good, average, three star gardens. The bedrooms are boring but functional. There are sitting rooms attached to bedrooms and both are practical but uninspiring. The bathrooms are three star. The bathtubs are great if you're under 5' 5" otherwise you should only use the shower.

It's true that the breakfast and dinner are included in the price but we couldn't gag down the dinner so we eat out each night.

Don't get me wrong. I think this hotel delivers what you pay for but don't expect a $300 experience for $100. This is a no frills, corporate, 3 star hotel experience. You won't go home thinking, "What an amazing hotel." but you will likely go home thinking, "I got my $100 bucks worth."

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I travel a ton for work, hundreds of hotels over the past 10 years all over North America and this is the first time I have been driven to leave a negative account. I have stayed at numerous homewood suites, they are beautiful and generally very well ran. This one I booked a one bedroom suite as my family was traveling with me. We drove 6 hours on a business trip and got in at 10PM. They bumped us because we got in late for people showing up for a golf tourney. No phone call, no heads up, just a hey your whole family is here and now you have nowhere to sleep!! No management on duty, no other rooms, completely unacceptable. I travel to this area often and and will be hard pressed to return after this poor treatment. I was not acknowledged as silver as I arrived either, just lack of interest and or concern.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mfrhw, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you during your recent trip to our area. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your honest feedback, I have provided your review to our front office team to ensure that our guests comfort is met. Please accept my apology for the unfortunate circumstances.
Portland Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I loved it. Nice size, plenty of room and that full kitchen in our suite is excellent. The staff was very friendly and efficient. There was very nice decor and the bed had plenty of extra pillows and a very comfortable mattress. No complaints at all. Staying here really made our vacation even better. I would probably not want to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for one night while on a road trip north from Southern California. We used our Hilton points for a free night. We were greeted warmly at the front desk and were offered cookies. Our room was clean and large. After driving almost 400 miles that day, the free dinner was such a welcome sight! The meal was not gourmet, but tasty. The salad bar was perfect for me. My husband enjoyed having a free beer with his meal.

The free Internet worked well. The only slight fault we found was with the bed. It was not as comfortable as some other hotel beds we've slept on. I came in with a bad back and sciatica and left in the morning in more pain than when I arrived. Others may have no problem with the bed. Perhaps we're a bit picky because we both have back problems. Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much! We sincerely appreciate kind reviews, such as yours!
Burnaby B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

On an 8 night driving trip, this was by far the best stay. I could live in this suite ! Complimentary dinner? Wow, stuffed peppers, corn on the cob, fresh rolls, wine and beer? It's so great to check in after driving 7 hours and not have to get back in the car to find a restaurant. My husband was tired from driving and I was feeling under the weather, but this place made us feel better right away. The suite welcomed us with Milano cookies, a bright pleasant decor and excellent room configuration. A full kitchen to make coffee/ tea and a lovely bathroom, great fluffy bed and a sitting area. Breakfast was very good, sausages, eggs, juice, fruit and yogurt. It's totally out of our way, but honestly, I think that I could vacation here!

Port Ludlow WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay in Medford. Huge comfortable suite and very well appointed - kitchen with a full size refrigerator, stove top and more. The room was very clean and though right across from the elevator was very quite. Monday thru thursday guests are treated to a decent complimentary dinner with choice of beer or wine. The hot morning complimentary breakfast with good coffee was far above any we had during our trip. Check in and out was fast and the front desk personnel friendly and courteous. The only slight negative was the 1/2 dozen smokers who descended onto the guest parking area behind our car as we were loading up the next morning.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford? Share your experiences!