“Great choice in McMinnville” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Bellevue, WA
“Great choice in McMinnville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip with three other couples and we stayed here for our last night on the road home to Washington. This is a very nice Comfort Inn with a good staff. We had a suite on the third floor that had a nice sitting room that accommodated all of us to visit. The room was very clean with typical amenities. There was a good restaurant just a few steps away. For a one night road trip stop in McMinnville I would certainly stay here again in the future if our travels took us here. Probably once of the best Comfort Inns I've stayed at anywhere in the country.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We were in Mcminnville to see the aviation museum and chose Comfort Inn for our stay. The room was great. Quiet, clean, well looked after. I was concerned that it was located next to a hospital but never heard a sound. Only complaint was that this is farm country and if the wind was blowing the wrong way it was very farmy smelling outside.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had to complain 3 times to front desk about people above me. There is no insulation and no security to enforce normal room etiquette. It's now 10:30 pm and people ate still making noise. There should be some type of control over guests. I stay at hotels frequently and have never had to complain about noise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and only got my room cleaned once. I asked the front desk to have housekeeping put extra blankets in my room two times and they never did. I also asked for wake up calls at 7am each morning and never got them. Not going to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

From the moment we walked into the lobby I felt at home. Trina was genuinely warm and friendly and extremely accommodating when we checked in at the front desk. The facilities were clean and tidy throughout the duration of our two night stay. Our suite was on the top floor and it was so quiet we felt we were the only guests occupying the entire floor. The kingsize bed was extremely comfortable, soft yet firm, and five fluffy pillows were provided. The pull out sofa mattress did not appear to be too comfortable, however, my teenager had no complaints. Sheets for the sofa mattress are not stowed in the room so you will have to request it through room service. The carpet and furniture were clean and in very good condition. The bedroom overall was adequate in size, the living room/ jacuzzi room was very roomy. We enjoyed watching the beautiful sky turn colors at dusk through the large window from the hot tub. Fortunately we weren't able to see the medical building located behind the hotel or the trailer park off in the distance from where we sat. The shower pressure was too low for my taste and the ventilation of our bathroom could be improved. The usual complimentary soaps, lotion, shampoo and conditioner were present. The iron, hair-dryer, flatscreen tv's, AC, mini-fridge all worked great. We did not bother with the coffee maker. The free breakfast provided was very good and well stocked. They offered different types of breads (white, wheat, english muffins, bagels) with the usual condiments of peanut butter, honey, butter, cream cheese and various jellies. The make-your-own waffle station was a hit as were the hot scrambled eggs, sausage patties, buttery biscuits and sausage gravy. There was also a variety of muffins/danishes, cold/hot cereal, coffee, tea, milk and juices to choose from. The room which also served as a conference room after breakfast hours was kept clean and tidy. The exterior grounds are clean and there is ample parking provided. The hotel is located on the outskirts of McMinnville next to the town's main hospital (never once heard sirens or experienced traffic) and conveniently located next to the highway, just a short drive to local wineries. FYI there are two fast food restaurants across the street but I do recommend giving Walnut City Kitchen a try. The new restaurant is located on the same lot as the hotel and is the talk amongst food snobs from afar. My only regret is not having tried EVERYTHING on their menu. But, alas, that's a different review.

Having never traveled to McMinnville I was quick to rely on reviews provided by fellow tripadvisors. I chose well. I hope my detailed experience can assist any of you looking for great accommodations without having to break the bank. I can only recommend the kingbed/jacuzzi suite for your stay. I booked my stay online and was able to find discount codes (retailmenot.com) for the Comfort Inn/Choice Hotel. I saved 20% by becoming a free Choice Privilege member and paying at the time of booking. That influenced my decision to stay in the suite since I was able to save quite a bit. I did not regret it. If you prefer you can still get lesser discount codes without joining the Choice Hotel membership.

Trina, if you or any of your staff happens to read my review I'd like to thank you all for your hospitality. You treated us like we were long time friends, making our stay that much greater. Our first trip to Oregon definitely won't be the last and we look forward to staying at your wonderful hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a suite on the top floor. If you're a Choice Hotel member (free membership) you can get...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is one of those places that is neither good nor bad. It's adequate for what it is...a place to sleep.

RESERVATIONS: Made on-line. Approximately $117 with AAA discount for a 2 queen bedroom.

ARRIVAL: The front desk clerk was neither friendly nor unfriendly. Check-in was fast and efficient. However...as we were unloading our luggage, we saw the only front desk clerk on duty take a break. She left a note saying, "Thank you for your patience. Will return shortly." Meanwhile, patrons were showing up. Ummm...I would think it might be best to hire a 2nd person to run the front desk during peak check-in times?

ROOMS: The room was a little small. Thankfully, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet. However...the air conditioning was NOT working properly. it kept going on and off. It was HOT in our room and the window only opened about an inch. So, we did not have a good night's sleep in between sweating and listening to the air conditioner go off and on, off and on, off and on, every 5-10 minutes.

Room was fairly clean though our "no smoking room" bed comforter had a cigarette burn hole in it. Bathroom was adequate, though the bathroom towels were very thin. There was soap, shampoo, a blow dryer, iron and board. Flat screened t.v. was nice.

The refrigerator did not work.

FACILITIES: The facilities were decent, but the indoor swimming pool was laughable. It wasn't much bigger than a bathtub and with only 4 people in it, seemed crowded. We wanted to utilize it, but did not because of the "crowds" of 4 people.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast was decent with cereals, make-your-own waffles, breads, juice, yogurt, etc. It wasn't bad, but nothing stood out either.

Wouldn't stay here for more than 1 night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I guess for the price it was okay....we didn't expect luxury but it came up short in several areas. The pillows were odd little square things that were not comfortable and the bed had seen better days, comfort-wise. It was a one night stay so able to tolerate the lack of creature comforts. The ice machine was out of order with a sign on it...so had to go down to second floor to get ice...and in the very early morning, we heard loud banging and when husband went to check, discovered the elevator was now out of order also. We were on the third floor so that required making several trips up and down the stairs with our belongings. Not an easy thing for someone with a bum knee and recent surgery. It would seem given that situation that someone should have been available to help folks with their luggage, etc.
It is a convenient location and quick trip to downtown or out the other direction towards Portland or the coast. There is ample parking
Breakfast was the standard motel offering which was okay, but the coffee was empty the first pass through the dining area to get a cup before packing, etc. It was early and not busy yet so that seems like someone wasn't watching. The person that checked us in in the evening was very friendly and accommodated our request for two rooms close together.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville? Share your experiences!