“Good price/quality ratio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McMinnville Inn

You added McMinnville Inn to your Saves list
McMinnville Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   381 NE Highway 99 West, McMinnville, OR 97128 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Port Townsend
“Good price/quality ratio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

This motel was built when developers did not try to squeeze profit out of every inch: accordingly, the grounds (nice tree line around the inn), the parking lot, and the rooms are much larger than comparable accommodations.

The positives are: good location (3 minute drive from downtown), quite and peaceful surroundings (you cannot hear the I-99 traffic), clean rooms, working heat/AC and wireless connection, modern LCD TV and polite service. The breakfast is basic continental and consists of juice,coffee, cereals, waffles (maker) and some pastries. If you need smoked salmon, custom made egg dishes, fresh kiwi and other festivities, you should stay in a 5-star hotel and pay $20.00 for the breakfast buffet...

A couple of things at the McMinnville Inn rooms need work: the carpet, although clean, has seen better days, and another chair in addition the existing one may be needed.

Bottom line: a very good price/quality ratio and pleasant surroundings in an old but clean motel property. You are getting more than what you pay for...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

From the moment I called to ask about rates and availability on a short notice, The front desk reception was awesome. The rooms were spacious well appointed and clean. The property is set back from HWY99 and is quiet with very ample parking. Thank You McMinnville Inn for a truly awesome stay!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I had a room on the second floor. The first couple of days were fine, but by the third day I noticed an abundance of sugar ants in my room. I never ate in my room. I had left a damp towel on the floor during the night and by morning, it was streaked with ants. They were on the counters, on the table, on the bed and all over the floor. Disgusting. I told the front desk but they didn't seem concerned.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Sun City West, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Overall it was an okay value for the price. Room was very spacious and clean but tired and bland...I didn't bring a hair dryer as one was provided. Problem is it didn't work unless I kept a finger on the on switch -that didn't leave me with a hand to style my hair!! The problem wasn't able to be resolved during my stay - how unfortunate that they couldn't provide a replacement dryer. The other problem was that the t.v. was set to come on at 2:35 am each morning....I guess I could have crawled under the desk to unplug it... The continental breakfast was very basic but convenient. They might add some fruit and a toaster and bread for toasting would have been a nice option too. Next time I visit I expect I'll try another place. This place could be so muc nicer. The rooms are large and the setting lovely. Add a picture or two, recalk the showers, splurge on slightly nicer soap and towels; maybe even a tea bag or two. And ensure the "ammenities" work. I found the ice machine but the soda machine was completely empty of every option. Having a fridge and microwave were definite assets.

Room Tip: Ask where you can find the ice machine when you check in. Bring a hair dryer because the one in you...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed here during the IPNC wine event for several nights. The hotel has been renamed and renovated (this is the former rundown Safari Inn that people still remember so I see why they changed the name) and is very comfortable. Yes, the room layout is still the old layout but it has new furniture and is clean and comfortable. Heed the advice of others and bring pillows (fortunately we did). Seriously, they need to invest in some softer ones. Bed very comfortable and the air and wireless worked well. Refrigerator was available in the room. Price is reasonable and the desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was not interesting (standard sweet rolls, waffle making, cereal in a small alcove that got congested if more than 3 people were there) but we had breakfast at our event so it didn't bother us. Similar to a Choice Hotel. We wanted exercise so we walked to town (about a mile) and to our event at Linfield College (about 1.6 miles). But for those who don't like to walk, it was easy to take your car (the parking lot at the hotel was huge).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Room was on par with a Travel Lodge or Choice Hotel (Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, etc).
Free parking, wifi & breakfast.
Room was clean & spacious. Recently touched up so it was nice.
Great blackout blinds...we slept in!
16 blocks from Main Street so you have to drive into town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The trouble started at check in. The clerk seemed concerned about our reservation for a week's stay in a queen nonsmoking room. She said I don't like to put people in that room (103) because it is next to the smoking rooms. She said you should have called us instead of using one of the Internet booking sites. I said I used the hotel's own Internet booking website. She couldn't find another queen nonsmoking room but said there was no one in the smoking room next door so the room should be okay. I asked if the room we were getting is a nonsmoking room and she said yes, so we headed off to it and brought in all of our stuff. After 15 minutes we decided the smell was intolerable. The room reeked of tobacco (and there was also a large discolored patch on the carpet). It absolutely should not be classified as a nonsmoking room.

We went back to the desk to report the problem. She said the management knew the room was a problem and had tried to fix the smell but hadn't been able to. We said we needed a room that was really a nonsmoking room. She checked the room inventory again and said we could only have another room if we paid for an upgrade to a king room, which would add $100 more onto our bill. She let us go check out the other room, and it smelled way better. It was now almost 10:30pm and we were so tired, so we agreed to pay more for a clean smelling room.

The terrible smelling room was the worst of our problems, but there were other issues too. The first morning in our king room we woke to discover tiny ants crawling on the furniture and floor. It seems a left over cookie had attracted them. The ants persisted for two days, but thankfully we did not see them after that.

The soaps they provided must have been old or dropped. Three of the soaps we opened were all in broken pieces.

The continental breakfast ends at 9:00am, but we didn't need the posted sign to remind us because the hovering office staff waiting to put away the muffins was plenty of notice.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again, but if you must and you can handle dragging your bags up the stairs...
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to McMinnville Inn? Share your experiences!