“Cured Meat Lover's REJOICE!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 93 restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: Italian
Astoria, Oregon
“Cured Meat Lover's REJOICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Unfortunately, I haven't ever been to Italy, but thanks to this great little salumeria, I feel a bit like I've eaten something from there! Got hooked on the salami platter (had to order another to finish our cocktails with!) at Nick's the night before and our waitress told us about the salumeria hours the next day. Very unobtrusive and not very well marked, but you enter this unassuming door and somehow they transport you to Italy!!! A warm welcome from the owner working that day and great stories about how they ended up making Umbrian salami was very fun. I even had a question a few days later and I called and got several answers. Obviously they care about the food they create and are having a ton of fun doing it! Totally worth finding the little door and plunging ahead!!!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“Best salami I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I love salami...I'm drawn to it wherever I go. I've been to charcuteries all across Europe. I don't say this lightly, but a couple of Fino in Fondo's (even though they are brand new) salamis are the best I've ever had. Eric and Carmen own it and freely give out samples. They also own Nick's, which is one of the best restaurants in Oregon. They know their stuff and it shines through in all of their meats. The place is small with no seating (you'll see that in the photos I uploaded). It's also very hard to find (at the end of 4th right next to the railroad tracks). They make sandwiches now but I'm pressuring them to add a panini grill. My only complaint is that they are only open Thursday to Saturday. I love this place and am happy to share it with people. It's the new "must stop" place in Yamhill County.

• Visited November 2011