“A Great Change of Pace Place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
McMinnville, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
“A Great Change of Pace Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Unique to the area, and a great change of pace for families looking to do more than eat or look at airplanes. We've been here several times, and found it to be a 2-3 hour max excursion--with lots of age-appropriate activities for the whole family. Young kids will enjoy the wading pool and activity area, and older children on up will have a blast on the four water slides, wave pool, and spa areas. The food in the upstairs cafe is surprisingly good fast food, and the locker room areas are clean, family friendly, and spacious.

Visited June 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Never too old!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I enjoyed my visit with my son and daughter-in-law. They persuaded me to go down the shutes, I thought I was too old at 77 years of age but I managed two of them going behind my son in the inflated ring. I was on holiday from England.

Visited September 2013
Salem, Oregon, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Just as good as Great Wolf, in my opinion!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I think Wings N Waves is just as good as Great Wolf in the waterpark department, and HECK of a lot cheaper! Find a neighboring hotel if you need to, at only $30 a person, you'll have to ton of fun without spending an arm and a leg. Great rides, wave pool is awesome, and the hot tub for mom and dad are right there inside so you can keep an eye on everyone. Food is decent as well, and not too expensive.

Visited May 2013
Tumwater, WA
10 attraction reviews
“not the best waterpark we've experienced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This waterpark has several slides, pools, a kids area, a whirlpool, wave pool and cafe. It is well maintained and has fun facts playing about water all over the place. There were some quirks I was not fond of and seem like they'd be standard - they do not provide towels and the life jackets for kids do not fit well or stay on - all the kids I saw wearing them they were riding up. The cafe serves only snack type foods that are not health - no gluten free options at all and no outside food allowed. They also have a very slippery smooth tile floor in the locker room with no traction. Overall I would rate this average or worse when compared with others like Great Wolf Lodge but maybe your best bet in the area for travelling here with kids.

Visited August 2013
Portland, OR
7 attraction reviews
“Great Place for a visit!! read my 3 'cons' though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family of 5 visited this weekend - ages of kids were 13,11 and 4. We were unsure if it would be appropriate for the 4 year old and were pleasantly surprised that there was a great kids area - a large play structure with 3 junior slides with water squirting everywhere! My 4 year old son LOVED it. This kiddie area would be best for the 2-5 year range. My daughters, ages 13 & 11 made a 'bee line' for the big slides. The 747 on the roof is amazing !!!
My three "cons" are:

1.) it is a bit spendy (although we got in free as it was part of my hubby's company picnic!)

2.) the lines for the slides are painfully SLOW due to how much time they take to load each person on each slide. As an example...one slide took me 30-40 minutes from start to finish. we were there between 2 and 2 1/2 hours total - and my daughters were only able to have enough time for 2 or 3 slides and the wave pool. comparing the wait times to Great Wolf Lodge - W & W is far slower and more conservative in their approach.

3.) may not be ideal for some kids in the 5-9 year old range - they may be too mature for the kiddie play structure and either too short or too timid to ride the slides - leaving them out in the cold.

We would definitely come back again though....close to Portland and a great indoor activity!

Visited August 2013