“I found it pricey at thirty bucks a head PLUS more for a locker.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
McMinnville, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“I found it pricey at thirty bucks a head PLUS more for a locker.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The waterpark compares favorably with other small waterparks such as Corvallis swim park, Clackamas, too. The wave pool at Evergreen is big and sort of average for wave pools.

They have the unique 747 "launch plane" for the slides which is fun. I like these places but apparently am getting old for the long stairs climbs to the slides. Still, the kids love it. The four big slides are varied from easy to the orange one which is fast and slings you around a 360 just at the bottom. Whew!

I feel it's overpriced at thirty bucks a head to begin with. THEN, if you want a locker it's another...memory says ten bucks but it might have been five bucks. TOO MUCH.

Safety was excellent, however. Concerned young people doing their jobs so all can have fun.

I really liked the slide with the large sort of whirlpool in the middle which leaves you wondering how you will go down the rest of the slide.

Visited June 2012

Central Oregon
17 attraction reviews
“Family fun, but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visited on a Sunday afternoon in early October starting at about 1p, took a dinner break, then came back and shut the place down at 8p. We had 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 4.5 and 1.5). The water slides were fun and the lines were very short (<5min at most), probably due to the day and time of the year.

From previous posts, I was a little worried about the chlorine smell and the loud noise for the little ones. The chlorine smell was not at all as bad as I've experienced at other places and the noise was loud, but tolerable. Very clean floors, restrooms, pool areas. Saw one kid with a cut ankle, referred him to a lifeguard who in turn got other staff to clean up the mess - they were very fast at cleaning it up. My only gripe is the cost of the tickets. It would have been $85 for the adults and the 4.5 yo, and under 3 is free, but we stayed at the Comfort Inn and they sell discounted tickets at $20 - no matter if it is adults or kids. So we got in for $60. We also got a large locker and that was plenty large, which was $12 extra. You cannot bring a lock from home - they use an RFI wristband to unlock the locker. You definitely could just bring a large bag and set all your stuff on a chair and I would feel quite safe with that as well. I was just lazy and got the locker.

I do have to say that I don't think I could've done more time there - the slides took their toll on me and I was beat. BTW, it's 111 steps from bottom to top for the 4 main slides. Do I think I got my money's worth? yes. Recommended.

Visited October 2012
Tacoma
15 attraction reviews
“Neat place with the 747 on the roof - but a pretty average waterpark.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was a nice thing to do after the museum, but was just an average waterpark. It was pretty expensive, but the staff were friendly and helpful.

Visited September 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
69 attraction reviews
“An Amazing Indoor Water Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This shares grounds with the Aviation and Space Museum and has a large Evergreen International jet on its roof. There are several super water slides requiring tubes and one that that does not. There's the Vortex which goes round and round. The water park is kept quite warm, so if you are only going to be a spectator, dress accordingly. It is quite comfortable if you are in a bathing suit. Our grandchildren loved it.

Visited August 2012
Vernonia
“"AWESOME"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Took my 3 grandkids ages 13, 8, 6 and their Mom....What a blast, and for me to say that at my age 65 about a water park is something else! It was spotless from the restrooms to the play areas, staff was on their toes at all times and friendly.I have 2 other grandchildren ages 16, 18 I am giving tickets to all for Christmas gifts,

Visited August 2012