“Second Chances” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Second Chances”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can't criticize a place for the type of people they allow but I can warn you, Los Molcajetes may have decent mexican food and a charming location but it's frequented by the foul mouther, overly intoxicated locals, BEWARE.

Visited May 2013

“Unpleasant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went here to have dinner on a Sunday night, it was busy which is usually a good sign, the service was slow but our waitress was nice but didn't check in very often and didn't arrive at our table until we had been seated for about 15 minutes. We ordered and our food was delivered in a timely manner, when I saw what I had ordered I was disappointed I ordered a tostada and when it arrived it was mosty lettuce with very little meat, I pulled the lettuce aside to get to the meat and began eating, after a few rather gross bites of the meat I discovered it tasted like dog food, I stopped eating and didn't order anything else, over all the experience was negative for my entire family, the bathrooms were dirty and even though it seemed like a good place to eat when we entered it turned out to be the total opposite. I will never return to this restaurant because for the 50$ the entire meal cost it was not worth it!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not good all around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Been there a couple of times and each time it gets worse. For starters, the service is terrible. We were seated and basically forgotten by everyone who worked there. Even as we tried to flag someone down we were given the brush off. It wasn't until a "regular" who spoke spanish told the bartender (yes, we sat in the bar area in plain view) that someone came by to tell us that they would be right with us. We almost walked out at that point and later regreted not doing so. The food is very bland. No flavor at all from the spanish rice to the sauces. The plates come out extremely hot but the food was cold in the middle. My chile releno was just full of seeds. Most restaurants that I've been to take the seeds out, well, at least the good ones do. This visit by far was the worst one and our last.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Oregon
“Nice Mexican restaurant on 3rd stree in McMinnville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Gathered with friends after visiting SIP in McMinnville. Service was friendly and fast. Food was hot and tasty. Margaritas were a plus. Nice ambiance.

Visited March 2013
McMinnville, Oregon
“One of our go to places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very good food, give the moony margarita a try! They are always busy when we go. The outdoor seating is great in the summer.

Visited December 2012