“Historic House, Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A' Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McMinnville
A' Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast
You added A' Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
809 NE Evans Street, McMinnville, OR 94751   |
Ranked #1 of 9 McMinnville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Historic House, Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Tuscan Estate B & B is located in a historic house near the main McMinnville tourist must, 3rd street downtown. The house is beautiful and the rooms are classic and cozy. Liz is very hospitable and informative. Jacques was not only a gourmet chef, but entertaining as well! We were able to walk downtown, to a local wedding venue, to the Saturday farmer's market and several wine bars. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Siena room. It is their smallest room, but with just my husband and I, it was a go...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Annapolis, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Everything said in the other reviews is true! From the incredible breakfasts, to the accommodations (we stayed in the Tuscany Suite), to the hospitality, every aspect of our four nights with Jacques and Liz was simply marvelous. Here's what the other reviews didn't discuss...

Their location in McMinnville sets the perfect stage for unwinding after a day of running around the valley. There are outstanding restaurants in that little town! Their circle of friends includes others who have the passion for food and truly exceptional wines. Jacques will guide you to the best vintners in the valley... Not the ones with the best views, or the most extravagant tasting rooms... Just the best wine. He was spot on. They both will guide you to the best restaurants, too. Each recommendation was perfect.

Spending evenings with them was like visiting family - comfortable and completely entertaining. Jacques shared some of his home-distilled treats with us and another couple. His skills with flavors is just astounding.

We will be back, this time during the summer months!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I don't even know where to start on what all we liked about this place! My husband and I were on a mini honeymoon back in October and stayed at A'Tuscan for 2 nights while we were touring Oregon wine country. It was fabulous! We typically are not B&B people so we rented the Craftsman Apartment. This was a private full 1 bedroom apartment in the Coach House next to the main house. We loved this apartment and would have enjoyed more time in it. The bed, which we are very picky about, was extremely comfortable. And Liz, I still want the website for those sheets, they were amazing! Next time we go, I would like to buy some fresh ingredients and take advantage of the full kitchen and the great dining room. Liz was extremely accomodating, and on the morning I wasn't feeling well and couldn't stay to finish my breakfast (at the time I had just had the 1st of 6 procedures done on my mouth) she packed it up for my husband to bring back to me. Which was fantastic. Being a semi-foodie, I coulnd't wait to try Jacques breakfasts after all the reviews I read. I must say, they did not disappoint! I mean he presses his own truffle oil, what more can you say. Truly 5 star breakfast and perfect way to get a base for a day of wine tasting. We found we never craved anything to eat until late in the day after one of Jacques breakfasts. Beyond his cooking skills, he is truly a unique man to talk to, my husband and I greatly enjoyed our conversations with him. Liz and Jacques, thank you for making us feel so welcom in your home. We have already been thinking about a first anniversary trip back!

Room Tip: Large, Spacious and Private
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently stayed at this "Tuscan Estate' Bed & Breakfast and have nothing but praises for this establishment and their owners, Liz and Jacques. This old inn has a cozy atmosphere with a small garden. Love the collection of old irons, the culinary books and magazines available in the lobby. The inn has been kept in excellent shape and we were surprise how quiet it was. The room was not that spacious and moving around limited. The bed was very comfortable and the décor pleasant. Parking was no issue, right on the side or in the front entrance. They both went the extra miles to make our stay as memorable as possible. Liz helps us with our special wedding anniversary dinner reservation to a local high end restaurant, gave us information on local wineries, while Chef Jacques prepared amazing French breakfast meals for us. His presentation was artistic and have a fond memory of his egg truffle dish that was out of this world. His quince and blackcurrant homemade marmalade were so good, we had to order some to take home along with his homemade delicate truffle oil. We also appreciated the special attention to our dietary needs and all the food he prepared, visibly with much love, were amazing. Rare are those who meet my challenging :Chef Palette", Jacques is the first in a long time, thank you for such memorable culinary delights! Our only regret is that he no longer opens his place for dinner. In any event, we highly recommend this place and will return there when we have a chance.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Special thanks to Liz and Jacques for making my husband's birthday extra special.
Beautiful room, amazing breakfast and a lovely welcoming home!
It truly must be the only B&B that serves truffles!
An outstanding stay! we hope to come back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in mid-October, and I am struggling to find anything more to add to all the positive things already said by the reviewers here. It felt like we were being welcomed into their home and Liz and Jacques went out of their way to accommodate our needs. My wife is a vegetarian and the breakfasts for her were fantastic as well as the breakfasts of the others we were traveling with. When we told them of our plans for wine tasting and for the Air Museum, they were quick with ideas, discount tickets and directions. Their suggestions for eating in McMinnville were right on the mark. Jacques is quite a character and we enjoyed talking to him about our travels in France...an unexpected "extra".

Room Tip: Like most B&Bs, the rooms are all a little bit different. If you have certain things that are im...
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent two nights here in mid-October 2012. It truly is a delightful place. The rooms are well furnished with included bath. But the real attraction is the cooking of Jacques. The breakfasts we're simply unbelievable. My wife is lactose intolerant so Jacques provided wonderful alternatives to the quiche and home made croissants he served me. One morning it included a happy face of two eggs on toast in a smiley face. Another he provided a benedict with a spinach and potato pancake with egg on top while I was enjoying a tasty mini creme brulee with fresh fruit. The residence is in easy walking distance of McMinnville's main street with wonderful shops and wine tasting opportunities. I've stayed in b and b's around the globe this one is certainly among the top five.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A' Tuscan Estate Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!