“Beautiful, Relaxing but the service...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
You added Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens to your Saves list
59296 Belknap Springs Road, McKenzie Bridge, OR 97413   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenzie Bridge
Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful, Relaxing but the service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a great place to relax mind and body. We have stayed in the lodge and also in the RV park. We highly recommend the RV park. The rooms are small and outdated and the rates are high. Be prepared to be treated curtly, even harshly by the management. Let's just say she is NOT a people person...But if you can overlook that, you will enjoy the Hot Springs, the river and the gorgeous surroundings.
We love to go when it's snowing or even raining- which is often. But to be soaking in the hot water, sipping chilled wine with a light rain or snow,.. wow...SUCH a wonderful experience and very relaxing. There is a little store in the lodge but the closest restaurant is about 10 miles down the road- and certainly worth the trip. A stop at the Rainbow market is also a fun and unique experience, taking you back in time to the days of the old "General Store", with everything from a few shelves of groceries to tourist type gifts to hardware.

Room Tip: We suggest the RV park.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Beaverton, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I bought a $100 gift certificate for my parents last Christmas & never received it. I have tried for almost 6 months to get my money back and Maureen (the owner) was so rude to me and treated my like I was scamming them. I have had never experienced such horrible customer service. I never got my money back and none of our families will ever be visiting this place again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
eugene, or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

As others reviewers have stated, the location and the water are just lovely. And I think the folks who manage the place are trying. It just depends on what you are looking for, expecting- probably fine for the RV crowd.
We stayed in lodge room #1 for two nights. The best part was soaking in the pool and a nice hike along the McKenzie river trail. The room was awful, small, dark, dusty, with no way to have natural light without everyone outside being able to look in. Very uncomfortable, old, sagging beds. There was no way to control the temperature of the room, so we slept too hot save for icy wind blew right through the huge gaps in the poorly sealed door.
We might go back for day use, but would never stay the night again. Save your money, go to Breitenbush instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I rented lodge room #15 (includes a kitchen) for a night for a special birthday celebration. We had been here for a day trip and love the hot water and the grounds. Absolutely beautiful gardens and decided an overnight would be fun.

We did have a GREAT time, but only because we were determined to. The manager is laughably grumpy. Although Sandy was lovely and kind. I can't imagine she enjoys working with Ms. Grumpy Pants.

We asked to exchange our wet pool towels and were told that we could only do that once a day.

Then, later, we stopped by the front desk to ask to increase the heat in our room (the thermostats are locked). When we mentioned that it was cold in our room she actually argued with us - "No it's not!" WTH! We persisted and she begrudgingly sent up a dirty heater. We mentioned it to a maintenance guy the next morning and he just opened the damper for us - and we had heat finally.

The room was nice and large and the kitchen was pretty good, although the burners on the stove are funky and can't be leveled. It was nice to have a full oven, etc., though.

The bed was squeaky and not at all comfortable - hard and saggy (what a combo!). The bedding was very much sub-par for $155/night. The shower was okay, but not fabulous and the water is VERY hard.

The bedroom is on the parking lot side, which seems odd, but there's a nice enough living room overlooking the river/pool.

We were the only guests staying in the lodge that night. Yet there was a TV directly below us that loud enough to hear in our room - I believe it was the grumpy manager staying the night.

Because we wanted to be able to use the kitchen for lunch, Ms. Grumpy Pants offered to let us check out at 1:00 instead of 11:00, for a $10 fee. Because it was our best option for lunch we paid the fee, but really? We were the ONLY guests!!! It's really THAT much of an inconvenience to not get into the room until 1:00 when you only have ONE room to clean??? What a joke.

If I were running the place, I would have upgraded us - no cost to them, and we would likely want to come back and rent the larger room next time. There was a definite scarcity mentality going on here. They seem to be afraid everyone is going to rip them off, so people are probably more likely to, just because of that vibe.

Don't know that I'd stay again, since that manager seems to be there to stay and puts such a grey cloud over the place. Too bad, too, because it has so much potential. The grounds are so beautiful. Wish someone beautiful ran it...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My experience was in an old but well functioning camper trailer. As a small gal driving this thing on a hitch from Evanston Wyoming was no easy feat! I was fortunate about the amazing experience I had there going it solo.... More than anything I wish it could have been shared with my mate. THE WATER!!! The water is what is magickal. The staff must have been on an up day and I was certainly on a down day not feeling to well. The water soothed and welcomed my ill, tired, and somewhat neglected soul. The embrace of the holy water from my mother earth rebirthed my entire SELF. Fortunately there were no out of control children or major partying. People were respectful and courteous. My RV needed love in which I found great kindness in my neighbors and the STAFF at Belknap Springs. I did laundry, dealt with garbage, and other RV issues and felt very accommodated. It was well worth the money. THE WATER. It is some of the most magickal stuff on earth... The river. I PLAN TO GO BACK AND SHARE THIS EXPERIENCE WITH MY FAMILY and make certain to check out the gardens and all the other stuff not seen. There are other natural springs in the area. My suggestion is bring a camper. The ratings on the cabins are where the issues seem to come in.

BLESSED BE! LOVE MINDY

Room Tip: Bring a camper or tent or van etc. The ratings on the cabins are not good. This is a place for ear...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We rented one night (a cabin) n found cockrouches, I was very disappointed with their service, we came in to the lobby to change our cabins and she, lady behind the counter (Debbie) was rude and abnocsous! We were baffled by her response, she began that we couldn't enter the pool, and yelled that we couldn't rent a cabin and we were liers and so forth. This was our first time visiting the place (from nz) , the service was absolutely horrendous!!! Wouldn't recommend anybody to go there

• Stayed October 2013
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The gardens are amazing and the river beautiful. This was our third time to visit but first time staying there. It was pouring rain for days on our road trip through Oregon. We decided to hit hot springs since it was hard to do much else.
The cabin was comfortable and we could hear the river below us and had a nice deck.
What soured our experience was the lady who checked us in went out of her way to tell us all the things we could NOT DO ! NO EXCEPTIONS. She made us feel like we did not matter at all and there are plenty of people coming so if we do not return so what? I wish I could have turned around and drove away.
Turns out the other employees were very nice and helpful.
It is a place everyone should see.
But I doubt I will ever go back.

Room Tip: Cabins are a good value. There is a full kitchen, frig, microwave,stove, deck. Make your meals. Soak...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens? Share your experiences!