The ocean view rooms with balconies are the only ones to write about at the Sunset Surf. The location and price is great and the rooms with the kitchens are large. It is rather old and not anywhere near a luxury hotel and the ocean air has taken a toll on the place. Lots of foot traffic right in front, so the first floor seems like a fish bowl. You can walk just across the street to a magnificent beach were you are allowed to have a camp fire.
It's the only hotel in town with an outdoor pool (summer only). Well worth the price if its the beach experience you're after. Back rooms not so great. Unbelievable take out deli sandwiches at the Little Apple grocery store a couple blocks away. Rustic local feel at the Sandune with good but a bit too spendy pub food and a fireplace. Best tiny romantic spot: "Vino" for good wine and limited but artistic small plates. Walk to it in mid town & 2 good Mexican places. Best Breakfast by far at Wanda's a retro designed cafe on 101 toward Nehalem on the left,about a couple of miles by car. Bunk house has good, big, greasy spoon style breakfasts also toward Nehalem but too greasy for my taste. The Big Wave has mainstream food on 101. Down dirty and cheap pool and booze at the Lighthouse on 101.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Surf Hotel Manzanita
- Sunset Surf Hotel
- Sunset Surf Motel Manzanita, Oregon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Surf Ocean Front Motel,located just 13 miles south of Cannon beach, on one of Oregon's most spectacular beach settings. We have heated outdoor pool and gas fireplace as well as a variety of accommodation to meet your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sunset Surf Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.