“Good for lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Portland, Oregon
“Good for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Good, clean and average food. I thought the sandwich was a little over priced and of average quality. But, definitely a cut above the fast food places in Madras.

Visited March 2012

Middle Tennessee
“Tasty, Health, Friendly, Fast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

As I was driving through Madras (mad dress) this restaurant caught my eye. It was past lunch time but they are open until 3 pm. There were 3 or four others still eating there and I had the daily lunch special, brocholi and cheddar soup and meatloaf sandwich. This is an all organic food place and has an organic food bulk-type market as well. The have their own bread oven and an number of loaves for sell. They are made organically and have a lot of gluten free items. The loaves were more than $5 each but they were quite large. They had loaves of jalapeño corn bread for $6.50. My meal was good, very tasty with just the right consistency. I also bought a pound of basmati rice and a gluten free chocolate chip cookie. The latter was $1.25. It was close to perfect for such a common item. The owner told me she had been in town for 15 years there. The bathroom was very clean. This is a new, better and larger location for them. I hope to stop there again on my way back to Portland.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
seattle, wa
“Natural foods gem in Madras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Sometimes five star reviews are context related. For instance, your in a smallish town with few offerings and you come across a gem. This is my experience with Great Earth. On a hot Saturday afternoon, I enjoyed a Perrier while my Greek Panini was being crafted. Meanwhile, I was offered free cookies and a scone because they were closing up shop for the weekend. The Panini was delicious with layers of olives, feta and portobello mushrooms. The oatmeal raisin cookie was a delight. But the real clincher was the oat scone I ate later as a evening snack. Kinda half scone, half cookie and wholly delicious. It lingers in my mind two days later in that way that says, "I gotta have one of those again next time I'm in Madras."

• Visited September 2011