“We Will Be Back” 4 of 5 stars

You added Surftides Lincoln City to your Saves list
Surftides Lincoln City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2945 NW Jetty Avenue, Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Announcement
4th of July at Surftides!
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“We Will Be Back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many hotels in Lincoln City, and Surftides was a delightful surprise. We appreciated all the amenities: bike rentals, cookies in the lobby, wine & cheese in the lobby, S'mores in the firepits, pool, etc. I love that the rooms are not carpeted and the place is dog-friendly. Although our room was only partially updated, it was clean and the bed linens were nice. The staff was all very friendly & helpful, and we really liked the lobby area. Thanks for the pleasant stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Stayton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

For years my husband and I have been going to Surftides Resort in Lincoln City. He even proposed to me there. Just came back from a 3 day trip there and I have to say we were quite disappointed in the place. We paid on average 120.00 a night. Asked for a quiet room. We were put on the 3 rd floor with people all around us. The people above us decided they needed to shower at 130 am. The walls are so thin it literally rattled the plumbing in our bathroom which was right on the other side of the wall from our bed. Went to have breakfast at the Mist...the restaurant on the premises. After waiting 10 minutes to be seated, I asked the waitress heaping us, was she the only one on duty, she was and with just one cook as well she replied. I am sure that server would have been great under different circumstances, but we were hungry, hungover and not wanting to wait.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money, they don't even have flat screen tv's.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
cubuffst, Public Relations Manager at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for review.

We appreciate all of your feedback and are addressing each issue to assure that our guests will have the best possible experience. We are sorry about the other guests being loud, and always do our best to quickly resolve these issues at the time of the complaint through our front desk.

We did have an issue with being short-handed at MIST that particular morning as we lost an employee that day. We regularly have more than enough staff to take care of our patrons there and have put in place back-up plans to ensure that this will not happen again.

We would love to invite you back to the restaurant for a meal on us, and to give you the service and experience that our guests come back to enjoy.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you are looking for a place in Lincoln City - you can find many other places that are cleaner and more customer focused.

The manger here lies and talks to you like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay. Upon check-in we had to move rooms because of the gas smell in the room. The next day we saw someone in our room going through our stuff - you can see from the beach up through to the room with the sun behind the hotel...

We called the front desk and said it was "maintenance" and the person just peaked in really quick. We told her we saw someone going through our room - she then changed her story and that they didn't have anyone registered in that room and were trying to figure out who it was. The person was going through our stuff looking for luggage tags and drivers licenses. She then put someone else on the phone on told him to tell us that it was because we changed rooms so much and that it was our fault! We changed rooms once - because of the smell - we didn't do anything wrong. Yet the hotel lied to us, looked through our stuff and blamed us for their mistake and how they handled it.

There are many ways to figure out who is in the room - note on the door, the light on the phone or even when we called earlier for towels. But to lie and go through our stuff??? Then blame us?

I went to the lobby and asked the manager why they were in the room and why they lied - she said they had every right because we changed rooms so much. I told her we were customers for 18 years and can't believe how they were treating us - she said that we wouldn't be customers for long. WOW. For something we didn't do? I got mad and told her that she shouldn't have gone through our stuff, that there are other ways to figure this out. Yep - I raised my voice, this manager obviously didn't care about us as customers. 18 years once to twice a year we had stayed... no apology, no understanding, no trying to 'nice' and talk us through what really happened. No she pushed this off as our fault - the customer.

This hotel has been our tradition that has now come to an end. Treat customers like dirt, lie to them and do whatever they want. This is not the kind of place I want to spend my hard earned money. If the owners don't want to be contacted and they hire managers who don't understand customer service - then they don't really want anyone's business.

There are plenty of other hotels to stay in Lincoln City!

Moses Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had 3 others with me to stay with our brother while he is was being treated for cancer..They were my sister and her 2 daughters from Montana.and on 1 night my son from Seattle joined us for no extra charge..The restaurant and inclosed swimming pool and spa building was excellent. look forward to stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor are excellent for view and also access.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Surftides once or twice each year for the past 18 years. Sadly, we wont be going back unless we hear that CLAUDIA is fired or otherwise gone from our once cherished "home away from home".

Our week-long visit went from fantastic to horrible with just one phone call from CLAUDIA.
To make a long story short, she rudely informed us that she had a right to not only go into our room for no reason, but to also go through all of our belongings for no reason at all. I was told they can go through your underwear, medications and even read your journal if they so desire... for no reason at all. When I caught her in a bald faced lie and called her on it, she told me to get out if I didnt like it. When I told her we had been 18 year customers, she told me she didnt care and to go tell it to the BBB. She refused to tell me the name of anyone over her head so I could file a complaint against her. She refused to tell me the name of the owner.
This little fiasco was carried over to the lobby, where it upset a lot of people.
CLAUDIA doesnt have a problem screaming at you, telling you to never come back RIGHT in from of customers in the lobby for NOTHING THAT WE DID WRONG. SHE got caught in our room going through things and then screamed at US. Total lunatic.

What a dark black eye she gives to an otherwise nice place.

We knew we had been overpaying for rooms at The Surftides, but were willing to do so for the sake of traditions.... but not anymore.
There are many other very nice locations, and some are even locally family owned and they APPRECIATE your business.

Ms. [--] I hope you eventually HEAR your customers and get rid of such a terrible manager.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for review.

We do hear our customers and make improvements based on comments & reviews.

We have a great mechanism for comments and reviews from all our guests.

And sites like tripadvisor offer anther mechanism.

We read them every day and phone conference or meet to go over details and adjustments to be made.

What does not work is tracking anyone down on facebook and other social media and posting. That is harassment and it was not appreciated at all.

In your case the Front Desk agent made a mistake when they moved your room for you and did not check you into the new room. ( you can bet there will be more training going on )

The person who went into your room was going over the new Maint. Log program, the room you were was showing empty.
When he went and saw the luggage he doubled checked to make sure the room was empty in the system, he then looked for a luggage tag to see if he could find a name.
What he did was 100% the right thing to do.

Yes, what is true is the Manager answered you to fast because the person in your room did not have a chance to tell the manager as of that moment. And that will be delt with as it's own issue.

Causing a scene in the lobby by yelling and screaming at the manager and staff is no way to get any thing resolved.

I have given our staff very explicit instructions not to give their or anyone's personal information ever and that includes all the owners.
I bring this up because I understand this was one of your big issues and she / staff did the right thing.

I wish you nothing but the very best and safest travels.
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have been staying at Surftides for years, sometimes booking two or three rooms at a time for several days to have the whole family stay. We took a couple years off to explore other ocean front hotels. My Aunt and I decided to stay two nights to finish up my punch card (stay 10 nights get one free). We were informed the new owner does not accept the punch card any more. Well, that didn't feel good. I was very disappointed but that is not the reason for my 3 star rating. The prices have gotten considerably higher compared to other ocean front resorts.The room we stayed in at the north end of the building had not been updated as the website showed. There was mold under the edge of the bathroom sink that clearly had not been cleaned in some time. The staff was not very friendly and did not make me feel like a welcomed guest as in years gone by. This property is a long way from the Surftides I remember.

Room Tip: The second floor provides a little more privacy and a great view of the surf.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hi and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
This is the only way we figure how to improve.

Not all the rooms are updated only the Room Classes shown on the web site. Oddly enough the partial view rooms do need updated photos as we did do some minimum updates to those rooms but never pointed them on the web site.

As for new ownership, our family has owned Surftides for 30 years. So you can bet I will be talking to the staff to find out why they are using words like " New Owners "

I am sorry that your stay did not live up to a better experience.
We will be working on these issues asap...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

The room was clean & spacious with a perfect view of the ocean. The hotel restaurant was fine and reasonably priced. Very comfortable beds and great room service. The hotel has been updated and has plenty of amenities and unique touches that made the stay fun.

What made this place stand out was the incredibly accommodating staff that were genuine, courteous, and helpful at every point in our stay. My father called ahead to have them provide a bottle of wine, flowers, and chocolate covered strawberries for a girly weekend my mom and I had. They went to the store, bought the strawberries, and had the chef of the restaurant dip them in chocolate rather than telling him that they didn't provide that service! Incredible! They checked in with us to make sure everything was just right. I've stayed at "nicer" places than this, and I have never been treated so well. That includes the Nines hotel in Portland.

Thank you, Surftides! I can't wait to come back with the rest of my family someday very soon!

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room with an ocean view-- WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind review. You can bet we are going to share this with the whole staff.

We are the hospitality business, we do not sell you a room and walk away. Our job is to accommodate you the very best we can. And I am so glad to read the staff went out of your way ..

Safe travels and we look forward to hosting you again ...

Been to Surftides Lincoln City? Share your experiences!