My family stayed at the Surftides on August 5th for one night. We had a total of 4 rooms for our family. The hotel was like a breath of fresh air, after a miserable Amtrak trip. The staff was very courteous, helpful and efficient.
Three of our rooms were double queen, on the third floor - parking lot level with a spectacular view of the ocean. The fourth room was on the first floor, down two levels and on a ledge overlooking the sand. Our balcony was right over the sand - just perfect. My mother, who is in a wheelchair, loved the fact that she could wheel out onto the patio or just sit in front of the large window and watch the ocean and her grandchildren playing in the sand. Despite other reviews, our patios were clean and pleasant but I would bet this is hard to maintain due to the all the seagulls floating around.
The hotel is going through some major renovation, but it made no impact at all on us or our rooms.
The rooms were pleasant and decent size. We liked the new ipod docking station/alarm clock as well as the nice tv.
The only ding I would add is the rooms could be a bit cleaner. The floor between the nightstand and the beds was not vacumed. Also, the towels are extremely small and old.
We ate at the Ki West that evening and everyone had great food and pleasant service. I loved the clam chowder - very rich and creamy - just the way I like it.
Pool was nice size but seemed a bit cloudy and not in the best shape.
All in all, I would definitely return and I think once they complete all scheduled renovations it will definitely be a premier hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The picturesque beachfront setting is the perfect backdrop for a magical getaway.Imagine a hotel that feels like a summer camp. Visualize a leisure beach campus that’s more than just a place to sleep. After all, lodging can be an attraction in itself, a destination that conveys a sense of a place, enhancing the traveler’s experience and illuminating the journey of where vacation or a weekend getaway might take you. At Surftides Lincoln City on the Oregon coast, the weekend is what you make it.Perched on the picturesque Oregon Coast in Lincoln City, the vacation begins once you pass through our gates and enter the hotel. Spacious oceanfront rooms and suites with private balconies and night-lit surf offer a soothing and inspirational experience for our guests. We have incorporated work from the finest local artisans to create an authentic regional ambiance that is the cornerstone of the hotel. Surftides Lincoln City offers a variety of onsite amenities and is a short walk to just about everything else . Enjoy the indoor pool and sauna which is capped by a graceful arching dome of sculpted concrete. Take warmth by a communal fire pit or tuck away in one of the outdoor garden nooks. Enjoy a quiet moment with a book from the hotel library and sit fireside under lofty timber beams of the lobby’s vaulted ceiling. Mist, the restaurant at Surftides Lincoln City serves comfort food inspired by the sea while the bar concocts nautical inspired libations by an open copper fireplace. Surftides Lincoln City is a family operated business that has been thriving for over 75 years, appealing to those who appreciate the charm and natural beauty of the Lincoln City's vibrant community and culture. Surftides Lincoln City is the ideal setting for a romantic getaway, family retreat, or a great adventure with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel