“View was wonderful, the rest not so much” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Seattle, Washington
“View was wonderful, the rest not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Was overcharged for room compared to rate online.
Room was average.
Room service from Tides restaurant average.
Never returned one of four emails from before and after stay.
Requested manager to return call, but no one has ever called.
A few other random complaints.
Last on shuttle to casino, also means last to get off.
If paying full price, stay somewhere nicer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Pleasant Hill, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent two nights at the Surftides and had a great stay. Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean and eclectic room with fireplace and great view! Easy walk to beach and cool outdoor fireplaces. Restaurant onsite and good snacks in the lobby. This place has a funky vibe just right for relaxin!

I do agree with a previous reviewer that the curtain situation needs to be different. They were very in the way of the view in our room and no where to put them. Slider in our room very hard to open. Love the laminate floors instead of carpet! Feels soo much cleaner. Beds are firm but nicely made with good linens.

Room Tip: We stayed in 434 smaller but great corner view and very quiet....except when someone is staying in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I spent 3 days here but I wish I could have stayed for a month. The first thing you see when you open the door of your room is the ocean through a sliding glass door with a balcony big enough for a couple chairs. I'm one of those people who could literally sit and stare at the ocean for days at a time, so I was pretty much sold right off the bat. And after a couple long walks on the beach it was clear that this hotel is the only one actually ON the beach in the area. Add to that a fun nautical theme room with a porthole above the bed and anchor lamp on the wall, and calming color scheme, and the place just works.

The staff is great. I generally stay at SPG hotels in bigger cities and never even expect to learn anyone's name on the staff or them to learn mine, but here after just a few days you feel like you are part of the family.

The restaurant on site, Mist, just adds to the feeling that you could stay here for a month. The menu isn't too fancy, it's just a bunch of things you could eat everyday, surprisingly affordably priced for being at the resort. A with a great bar for bloody mary's in the morning, some football games with lunch, and the live entertainment at night.

I'll be back, hopefully for longer next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Spent one night at the hotel. Deluxe king room with fireplace on the 5th floor, nice size and had everything you need in the room. Some of the sections of the building are being fixed-up so if your room is close to this it might be noisy. Our room was Quiet, no load humans during the night.
Only thing that was wrong with the room was the coffee maker did not work. Had to go to the lobby to get my fix. Told the front desk and they said they would give us a new one, nice to have that kind response. Room clean,ocean view, quiet, nice bed, easy beach access,nice indoor swimming pool---hot tub, and the staff making things right.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place truly took my breath away. We went up for a group trip with a bunch of friends and it blew my mind. First of all, the rooms are literally on the beach, overlooking one of the most beautiful coast lines I can remember. I'm from California and have no shortage of oceans to look at, but the waves just move different here.

When you can finally turn away from the view, the rooms themselves are also amazing. Really cool nautical theme with comfortable beds and fireplaces in every room. Score.

And as if that wasn't enough, the staff is all SUPER cool and friendly and offer fun little things that take your trip from good to great. Not the least of which was pre-packed s'mores kits for a bonfire right on the beach!!

Add in a indoor pool/steam room/sauna right on the premises, a cozy restaurant/bar, and a fire pit patio and you've got an awesome place to spend a long weekend.

Definitely coming back again with friends, but would totally come back with a significant other for a little quality time or even by myself just for a solo get away.

5 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I sent my Mom their for her Birthday and I am so pleased with great help you did to make her feel extra special. You had your Employees go out in the Sand and wish her a Happy Birthday, a beautiful view from her room. I couldnt be more thankful and so happy with what you did. I look forward to booking a room in the near future. I will be posting on yelp and reviews for you kindness. Everyone should stay at Surftides :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We came here so we could have some time away and be alone. I found a great deal on Groupon for $129 for 2 nights (wished I bought more now). This was our first time staying here. We stayed Fri nite thru Sunday. At our check in we were met with wine tasting in the lobby and fresh warm cookies. They also had Moonstruck chocolates for purchase at the front desk (my favorite!) Check in was perfect plus with our Groupon we got to choose a bottle of wine (not the ones they were tasting, which was their own brand, but a Canyon Road wine out of CA).

Our room was a premium king on the 4th floor with a gas fireplace and an oceanview. Beautiful view!! I like how at night the lights on the outside of the hotel make it so you can see the waves. The room was very clean. The bedding was like what you might find in a higher priced hotel with nice linens and soft duvet covers. No cheap bedspread here. The room had a decent couch as well. You can see all the room amenities on their website, so I won't go into all that. But all things were as they should be, clean and working. They also have complimentary toiletries if you forgot any of your own.

My only complaint with the room was the noise from the room above. It sounded like the person was stomping across the floor and moving furniture very late at night...turns out , the moving furniture part was the door to the balcony and the curtains that were hung with metal clips on metal rods that were so heavy they made noise being opened and closed. I realized this on our last day there as my husband was opening the curtains and I thought that sounded familiar, Having it happen above us, it was so loud. I felt bad that I had been berating the person in my head for being so inconsiderate dragging furniture around late at night when they were only opening and closing the balcony door and curtains. If the hotel could just choose something else to use to hang the curtains up it would make a difference to the people below. I am not just being picky, it was LOUD.

Okay with that aside, our weekend was perfect. The hotel staff was superb.The second night we requested extra pillows, as the bed while good quality was a littler harder than we are used to (pillows can help with that) They were very efficient about getting them to us right away.

Surftides also had outside gas firepits that were a surprise to us, but what a great addition to the whole experience.

I know this is not where you should review a restaurant, but the Mist Restaurant is on the Hotel property. It is definitely worth going to. I give it an Excellent rating. Again the staff was above par. Connor our server was so personable and helpful. Because of his friendly smile and excellent service we went both nights (and the food was good too).The food was large portioned and very tasty. On Friday night they offered prime rib for $19. It was perfect. They also had live music for both Fri & Sat. We only listened to it Sat, but it was fun.

I think that we will definitely be back to the Surftides Hotel and the Mist restaurant. Two thumbs up for staff and their friendly positive attitude!

Room Tip: Ask for extra pillows if you are used to a softer bed to help snuggle your body or bring a couple of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple