I visited this hotel, the weekend of Dec 28-30 usng a Groupon. The room(double queen, oceanfront) we got was on the the top floor (4th floor) of the main building. As other reviewers noted that had gotten non renovated rooms, yes, there was some dated furniture pieces with showing wear and some damage. The walls corners did show wear and decor was dated. The carpet did have some type of smell, but not strong enough to make us change rooms. The edges and corners of the room could have been vacuumed better as we noted there was an old piece of popcorn and some small pieces of trash underneath the bedskirts from previous occupants. Otherwise the beds were clean and well made up and the sink area and bathroom were both clean. We did have some problems with the TV (just a older tube type TV) and getting the DVD player to work, but each time we called the front desk for help, a maintenance man was at our door with in 2-5 minutes tops.
Here's where Surftides shines-their customer service and the 'little' things. Each time I called the front desk they were courteous, friendly and very helpful. The room is ocean front (as in literally on the beach) where as other hotel/motel properties are higher up on the bluff. We spend some time seeing a full moon rising above the beach and seeing the surf come in closer than most places we've stayed on the northwest coast. Surftides also runs a small contest every day where they hide a few wooden Surftides mermaid cutouts somewhere on the property. Anyone who finds one can win a discount to use at the Mist Restaurant (which is operated by Surftides), a free T-shirt with the mermaid logo or a discount on a future stay. The firepits outside that are lit every night are a nice addition and allow visitors to roast smores and just 'gather around'. The lobby has a nice fireplace and seating that you can sit and play board games and cookies are provided every night. Also, there's free fresh coffee in the lobby every a.m. Also, we were able to access the wi-fi (no charge), sometimes it was slow but most of the time we had no problem with it. I also thought the food at the Mist Restaurant was very good. We ate there for a dinner and a breakfast - on Sunday there's a small buffet breakfast and had a nice variety of food. Waiters were alert and provided excellent service.
There was a pool and sauna in a separate building but we did not get a chance to try it.
Normally, I would not give a place 3 stars with the kind of cleanliness issues and worn dated furniture, but I could tell that this place was undergoing renovation (as other reviewers had noted). We also couldn't complain too much because our Groupon made our stay a good deal.
We will probably return again and ask for a renovated room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The picturesque beachfront setting is the perfect backdrop for a magical getaway.Imagine a hotel that feels like a summer camp. Visualize a leisure beach campus that’s more than just a place to sleep. After all, lodging can be an attraction in itself, a destination that conveys a sense of a place, enhancing the traveler’s experience and illuminating the journey of where vacation or a weekend getaway might take you. At Surftides Lincoln City on the Oregon coast, the weekend is what you make it.Perched on the picturesque Oregon Coast in Lincoln City, the vacation begins once you pass through our gates and enter the hotel. Spacious oceanfront rooms and suites with private balconies and night-lit surf offer a soothing and inspirational experience for our guests. We have incorporated work from the finest local artisans to create an authentic regional ambiance that is the cornerstone of the hotel. Surftides Lincoln City offers a variety of onsite amenities and is a short walk to just about everything else . Enjoy the indoor pool and sauna which is capped by a graceful arching dome of sculpted concrete. Take warmth by a communal fire pit or tuck away in one of the outdoor garden nooks. Enjoy a quiet moment with a book from the hotel library and sit fireside under lofty timber beams of the lobby’s vaulted ceiling. Mist, the restaurant at Surftides Lincoln City serves comfort food inspired by the sea while the bar concocts nautical inspired libations by an open copper fireplace. Surftides Lincoln City is a family operated business that has been thriving for over 75 years, appealing to those who appreciate the charm and natural beauty of the Lincoln City's vibrant community and culture. Surftides Lincoln City is the ideal setting for a romantic getaway, family retreat, or a great adventure with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel