Last year we stayed in Lincoln City for Thanksgiving & had a wonderful turkey dinner buffet at Surftides' "The Mist" restaurant. This year we decided to stay at Surftides for Thanksgiving because we had enjoyed the dinner so much. When we checked in, the front desk lady was raving about their new chef & how good the buffet was going to be this year. We were really looking forward to it. I asked if we were staying in one of the newer rooms & she said they were fully booked & ours was not one of the newer rooms. When we got to the room, it was nice & big & had a great view (and nice beach access without tons of stairs), but the overwhelming stench of ARMPIT was so strong I could hardly stand it. My parents were staying in the room next to us & theirs smelled like a giant armpit as well. It was a good thing I brought room spray with me, or else we wouldn't have been able to stand it. After awhile we didn't notice it AS much, but that was probably because by then we all had absorbed it & smelled like armpits ourselves. It was REALLY bad. We enjoyed the evening gas fire pits that were turned on, we enjoyed playing games in the lobby & having cookies in the evenings, and playing in the pool. But the room smell was almost unbearable. In addition, the Thanksgiving dinner was so bad, that really ruined the trip for us. The turkey was so dry, the food was lukewarm, the desserts were demolished by previous guests & not kept refilled, and the salad was from a bag. When you pay $20 for a meal & go somewhere for your special family holiday, it is very disappointing when they cut corners. None of us even had seconds. We just paid & left, very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel