“an awesome place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Beachside BBQ!
Ranked #22 of 36 hotels in Lincoln City
British Columbia
“an awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had all the amenities we needed and wanted for a short stay on the coast: a room and balcony overlooking the beach and the ocean - a fridge and a microwave - designer style coffee, (Kreug machine) - an indoor pool and a hot tub. Although we didn't go to the onsite restaurant until the last day of our trip, it was good to know it was available if we needed it. The food was delicious and the prices were very reasonable.
Where we've marked a slightly lower score for cleanliness, that's only because dust and sand can accumulate, especially under the bed. However, that is part of being on the ocean, I think.
We will be returning to Surftides again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: We always enjoy being higher up versus on the ground floor, but that might be our preference for see...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Orofino, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was so pleased on returning to the Surftides to be able to enjoy a newly remodeled room on the top floor. The view was fantastic as always and the remodel was done in such a fantastic decor that I felt like I was in a room on a large ship. Housekeeping had missed a lot of sand around the "u" shaped rug around the bed, but I loved the feel of the room and really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Our experience with this stay was positive from beginning to end -- reservations were easy, the room was ready before checkin time, great corner room with ocean view, comfortable bed, fun in the pool and hot tub and great location in Lincoln City

Room Tip: The corner rooms have an extra window on the side so you can see directly out to the ocean and also...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I came to visit family in Lincoln City and found an apartment for a couple of months. I became and realized I needed to cut my trip short and return home for further testing. Before I left, however, I saw the Groupon and decided to treat myself to a view of the ocean for a couple of nights. Good decision.

As I write this, I am listening to the waves which at high tide are only a few feet from my balcony. A big fat sea gull is sitting on my balcony wanting food. I am using the free wi-fi to write this, and have finished my fairly priced room service breakfast. My coffee made in the Pod coffee maker with coffee from Tully's smells heavenly.

Last night, using the microwave, I prepared a purchased meal for my family which we ate sitting at the table and chairs in front of the electric fireplace. We watched the sun (small amount) shine through the clouds on the waves. The waves and also the sea gulls were dreamlike with florescent like clarity in the moonlight. We enjoyed the free bottle of good wine from Eola Hills winery which I kept cold in my room fridge.

I have not used the pool or Jacuzzi in the covered dome, and I didn't get any of the cookies my sister noticed as she walked through the lobby. I slept like a baby with the yummy linens and the pillow topped bed.

Parking was easy, and they have some rooms that have no steps. They also have an elevator. Room service food was hot and cooked to order, but the woman delivering the food said that she was working by herself and that when tables were full, she was not supposed to deliver. I observed to her that I understood that to mean I could not always expect room service. She agreed but said that happened infrequently. That could be disappointing, and I did wait almost 45 minutes for my breakfast, so order early!

The room decorations were average, and the carpet low pile gray had some stains when scrutinized. The amenities in the bathroom included a small tube of toothpaste, and the towels were the usual motel quality. The vending machines only offered soft drinks.

You can purchase smore's kits and apparently per other reviews they have a fire pit. I haven't explored the grounds yet.

In summary, I am very happy to stay here. This is the closest I have ever slept to a beach.the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful I definitely recommend staying here. Lincoln City is not a cute little beach town and it doesn't always have sidewalks, but it will do. It does have art galleries and lots of restaurants on Highway 101.

Room Tip: Level 3 is accessible with no steps. All ocean view rooms have equal views. It appears from my room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Surftides really gives you the feel for the ocean. Lots of birds on site, seaguls, crows, pigeons and little birds/ Our private balcony, oceanfront room was wonderful. The sound of the waves roaring with the balcony door open was great. The beds were really comfortable and the room was clean and had everything you needed. We had a fridge, sink and microwave in the room. Really good coffee. I liked the way they made up the bathroom. The staff was great and very accommodating. There was always fresh coffee and cookies in the lobby. The Mist restaurant, located on site, makes awesome clam chowder and great margaritas. Also, gives a huge bowl of yummy oatmeal in the morning. The staff there is cheering and the general atmosphere is great.
Wish I would have had more time to use the pool. It looked really inviting.
Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Not a five star, but is my preferred place to stay in Lincoln City. I will be back. Ask for an oce...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I enjoy this hotel very much. A attentive staff and an excellent property make for a wonderful stay. The west coast beach and surf is readily available and definitely will not disappoint, so amazing. They even take pets in some rooms with a deposit, man my lab loves the beach. Try the Surftides, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Zillah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had such a great time at the suftides resort... very friendly staff (Especially Logan at the front desk), awesome food in the Mist restaurant, right on the beach, great, clean rooms. They even do a "mermaid" scavanger hunt which my daughter loved!!! Couldn't have asked for a better time!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful review. Will need to share this with Logan for sure. Perhaps post it on a wall for all to see in the back office.

Safe travels and may we see you again someday soon ....

Been to Surftides Lincoln City? Share your experiences!