“Enjoying my Groupon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 36 hotels in Lincoln City
Tucson, Arizona
“Enjoying my Groupon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I came to visit family in Lincoln City and found an apartment for a couple of months. I became and realized I needed to cut my trip short and return home for further testing. Before I left, however, I saw the Groupon and decided to treat myself to a view of the ocean for a couple of nights. Good decision.

As I write this, I am listening to the waves which at high tide are only a few feet from my balcony. A big fat sea gull is sitting on my balcony wanting food. I am using the free wi-fi to write this, and have finished my fairly priced room service breakfast. My coffee made in the Pod coffee maker with coffee from Tully's smells heavenly.

Last night, using the microwave, I prepared a purchased meal for my family which we ate sitting at the table and chairs in front of the electric fireplace. We watched the sun (small amount) shine through the clouds on the waves. The waves and also the sea gulls were dreamlike with florescent like clarity in the moonlight. We enjoyed the free bottle of good wine from Eola Hills winery which I kept cold in my room fridge.

I have not used the pool or Jacuzzi in the covered dome, and I didn't get any of the cookies my sister noticed as she walked through the lobby. I slept like a baby with the yummy linens and the pillow topped bed.

Parking was easy, and they have some rooms that have no steps. They also have an elevator. Room service food was hot and cooked to order, but the woman delivering the food said that she was working by herself and that when tables were full, she was not supposed to deliver. I observed to her that I understood that to mean I could not always expect room service. She agreed but said that happened infrequently. That could be disappointing, and I did wait almost 45 minutes for my breakfast, so order early!

The room decorations were average, and the carpet low pile gray had some stains when scrutinized. The amenities in the bathroom included a small tube of toothpaste, and the towels were the usual motel quality. The vending machines only offered soft drinks.

You can purchase smore's kits and apparently per other reviews they have a fire pit. I haven't explored the grounds yet.

In summary, I am very happy to stay here. This is the closest I have ever slept to a beach.the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful I definitely recommend staying here. Lincoln City is not a cute little beach town and it doesn't always have sidewalks, but it will do. It does have art galleries and lots of restaurants on Highway 101.

Room Tip: Level 3 is accessible with no steps. All ocean view rooms have equal views. It appears from my room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Surftides really gives you the feel for the ocean. Lots of birds on site, seaguls, crows, pigeons and little birds/ Our private balcony, oceanfront room was wonderful. The sound of the waves roaring with the balcony door open was great. The beds were really comfortable and the room was clean and had everything you needed. We had a fridge, sink and microwave in the room. Really good coffee. I liked the way they made up the bathroom. The staff was great and very accommodating. There was always fresh coffee and cookies in the lobby. The Mist restaurant, located on site, makes awesome clam chowder and great margaritas. Also, gives a huge bowl of yummy oatmeal in the morning. The staff there is cheering and the general atmosphere is great.
Wish I would have had more time to use the pool. It looked really inviting.
Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Not a five star, but is my preferred place to stay in Lincoln City. I will be back. Ask for an oce...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I enjoy this hotel very much. A attentive staff and an excellent property make for a wonderful stay. The west coast beach and surf is readily available and definitely will not disappoint, so amazing. They even take pets in some rooms with a deposit, man my lab loves the beach. Try the Surftides, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Zillah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had such a great time at the suftides resort... very friendly staff (Especially Logan at the front desk), awesome food in the Mist restaurant, right on the beach, great, clean rooms. They even do a "mermaid" scavanger hunt which my daughter loved!!! Couldn't have asked for a better time!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful review. Will need to share this with Logan for sure. Perhaps post it on a wall for all to see in the back office.

Safe travels and may we see you again someday soon ....
Des Moines, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We spent 2 nights here and would stay again. The check-in service was great. Our room was not ready (we were early) and they called us the minute it was ready. There was a fun wine sampling in the lobby that night. The lobby decor is very nice and appealing. The room was clean and nice but shows it age some. You just can't help that at the ocean. The second day I had to call and ask for wash cloths. For some reason we got extra bath towels but no wash cloth. And I know those coffee machines are all the thing but we liked the lobby coffee much better. We went to dinner both nights next door at their restaurant, Mist, and were very happy with our choice.

Room Tip: We like higher rooms so asked for a 3rd floor and were very happy with it. Did not notice neighbor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review.

I will need to check on the coffee and see we can get some better choices in.

We are in the middle of renovating anther 22 rooms. Should have them done shortly :) ( i hope )

Stay safe and travel well.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

So I have my wife's family visiting from Australia and we decide to checkout the Oregon Beach scene, without reservations.
Yes, With myself, wife and one year old we, I am also plus a family of six.
Well we get to the Casino in Lincoln city, since the freeway puts you directly off right in front of it and I head to the Lobby. Of course Casino is booked but they have a list of hotels right in the area. Of course they do, that is standard casino practice.
Well the third one I call, I get this helpful yet hot girl voice on the phone; "No problem, come on down, the price is great and we can accommodate you no problem".
Its literally 2 minutes down the street.

The Surf tides is obviously a redone property, you can tell that it has a little wear and tear, but can you really? Because everything was brand new and freshened up nicely. Its super clean, the rooms floors, lines and bathrooms are generous sizes, and did I mention everything is pretty much new and up kept well?

It get better, the girl at the desk, well we will just call her "hot Cora" goes above and beyond and recommends a restaurant for us, books us a masseur, and even gives us a room a few doors away from the chaos that is my brother in laws family.
The general manager, I think his name is jason, is also super helpful. We actually had to split a day early because our infant came up with a cold.. But it was a non issue and jason made our headaches go away.
We also had breakfast in this newly done restaurant. Biscuits and gravy and german pancakes... Enough said.

I used to work at a 5 star Marriott. I know customer service. If you are in this area, stay here. Its clean and they go out of their way to be friendly and accommodate you. It was a pleasure meeting the staff and staying there. We will be booking again soon !

Room Tip: The rooms overlook the beach. Is there a bad one? I doubt it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
picataggio, Owner at Surftides Lincoln City, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for you super kind words. I am so pleased to read your review .
I will be sharing this with the whole staff.

I will also have to post this at the desk to get a little red face out of cora, I am sure she will blush a bit after reading this review.

Stay safe, travel well.
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend getaway. We had a room on the 4th floor with king sized bed and fireplace. The bed was very comfortable, and we loved the built in couch which allowed us to sit and look out at the ocean while staying warm by the fire. The deck and carpet in the room looked a little dated but the rest of the room was updated and very nice.

The motel has easy access to the beach, its own restaurant and a nice courtyard area with gas firepits that are turned on in the evening. The Surftides also has a daily game of hiding little mermaids around the grounds and you win a prize if you find one! (We found 2). The restaurant has music on the weekends and in the summer has music in the courtyard with BBQ food and local brews available, which we enjoyed - The BBQ food was the best we've had in a long time!

If you like to go to casinos its about a 1/2 walk down the beach or street to Chinook Winds.

Room Tip: For best views, get a room that is on an upper floor and faces the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review.
I am so glad to read that you were one of winners!!!! Every day we hide two of them as you pointed and to think you found both. That is fantastic...

Many concerts coming up soon hopefully we will see you soon.

Stay safe and travel well

Been to Surftides Lincoln City? Share your experiences!