I came to visit family in Lincoln City and found an apartment for a couple of months. I became and realized I needed to cut my trip short and return home for further testing. Before I left, however, I saw the Groupon and decided to treat myself to a view of the ocean for a couple of nights. Good decision.
As I write this, I am listening to the waves which at high tide are only a few feet from my balcony. A big fat sea gull is sitting on my balcony wanting food. I am using the free wi-fi to write this, and have finished my fairly priced room service breakfast. My coffee made in the Pod coffee maker with coffee from Tully's smells heavenly.
Last night, using the microwave, I prepared a purchased meal for my family which we ate sitting at the table and chairs in front of the electric fireplace. We watched the sun (small amount) shine through the clouds on the waves. The waves and also the sea gulls were dreamlike with florescent like clarity in the moonlight. We enjoyed the free bottle of good wine from Eola Hills winery which I kept cold in my room fridge.
I have not used the pool or Jacuzzi in the covered dome, and I didn't get any of the cookies my sister noticed as she walked through the lobby. I slept like a baby with the yummy linens and the pillow topped bed.
Parking was easy, and they have some rooms that have no steps. They also have an elevator. Room service food was hot and cooked to order, but the woman delivering the food said that she was working by herself and that when tables were full, she was not supposed to deliver. I observed to her that I understood that to mean I could not always expect room service. She agreed but said that happened infrequently. That could be disappointing, and I did wait almost 45 minutes for my breakfast, so order early!
The room decorations were average, and the carpet low pile gray had some stains when scrutinized. The amenities in the bathroom included a small tube of toothpaste, and the towels were the usual motel quality. The vending machines only offered soft drinks.
You can purchase smore's kits and apparently per other reviews they have a fire pit. I haven't explored the grounds yet.
In summary, I am very happy to stay here. This is the closest I have ever slept to a beach.the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful I definitely recommend staying here. Lincoln City is not a cute little beach town and it doesn't always have sidewalks, but it will do. It does have art galleries and lots of restaurants on Highway 101.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oceanfront multi-acre boutique hotel offering priceless memories for families, weddings, romantic getaways or just being with friends. Design and all the amenities you should expect in your perfect vacation. Indoor pool, on-site restaurant, indoor Jacuzzi, Workout room, Bike rentals, Basket Ball Court, multiple fire pits and the list goes on. All the above on-site amenities also come with crashing waves, cry of seagulls, panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, warm sand squishing between your toes and of course priceless memories with your loved ones ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Surftides Lincoln City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surftides Lincoln City Hotel Lincoln City
- Lincoln City Surftides Hotel