“Great place for families with kids!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chinook Winds Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Chinook Winds Casino Resort
You added Chinook Winds Casino Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1501 NW 40th Place, Lincoln City, OR 97367 (Formerly Shilo Inn)   |
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Lewiston, Idaho
“Great place for families with kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Sunday through Thursday, just my 3 girls and I. We were on a tight budget and got the compact room to save money. The total for 4 nights came to only $260! My oldest daughter and I took the bed and the 2 little ones slept in sleeping bags on the floor, which they think feels like camping. It was a tight squeeze but we got by just fine. There was a small table with 2 chairs, a nice comfy queen bed that was very clean, and a small bathroom that was very clean as well. The hotel staff did a great job of cleaning the room daily while we were out. There are nice thin down alternative comforters on the beds. It does get a bit stuffy as there is no a/c unit in the room (as is the case for most Oregon coast hotels) but the hotel staff promptly brought us a fan upon request. There is an on-site daycare located in the arcade that we utilized for 4 hours while my oldest daughter and I went school shopping, and my girls really enjoyed their time there. The price was very reasonable, only $15 for 4 hours. The inside pool and hot tub provided hours of fun, as did the large arcade, and the ocean is just steps away. People write about the walls being paper thin, but we never did hear a thing from any of our neighbors. The wi-fi isn't good, but that's all I can think to complain about. Overall, you won't find a cheaper room on the ocean! Plenty to do here, especially if you are traveling with children, and the Monday night 2 for $11.99 steak special is surprisingly tasty for the price! A good value and attentive staff. We spent 5 days and 4 nights in Lincoln City and only spent $1000, and that includes feeding a family of 4 and a little shopping. Good deals can be found if you look around! We wouldn't hesitate to visit again!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Chinook Winds for 3 nights and it was great. Our room was overlooking the beach which was wonderful. A nice room on the second floor. The room didn't have air conditioning but while we were there it was rather cool for August with a cool wind blowing and fog so we just opened our windows and had lots of fresh air. Beds were comfortable and it was nice and clean and we had a fridge and a microwave as well. The wifi is bad though. You could not get it to work in the rooms and had to go down to the front office if you wanted to use it. While I was down in the front office using it the front desk staff was constantly answering the phone about complaints about the wifi. Since you cannot access it in the rooms it would be nice if they provided a couple of terminals in the lobby area for guests to use as they know it doesn't work in the rooms. We visited the Casino a couple of times and it was fine. We didn't eat at the on site restaurant even though it had a good view of the water because the prices were too high. A seafood dinner was around $30 and there was lots of other restaurants in town that were half the price for a good dinner. The price for the rooms was good at $99 a night especially with the great view you get. We would stay here again if we visit the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Coos Bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Plain and simple - i would never stay here again. I would rather stay at another hotel and drive to and from the casino.
The walls are so paper thin - you can honestly hear conversations and TVs from other rooms as well as hear them burp!
There are no air conditioning units or fans in the room either to help drown out the sound. They seemed to have crammed in rooms so close that they forgot about comfort. No blankets - just sheets on the bed. My stay was aweful. I was looking forward to getting some rest and relaxation on my mini-vacation and it did not happen.
The only good experience i had was room service (minus the gull pecking at the window wanting my breakfast). The grill at the Chinook Winds is EXCELLENT - would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel off of the casino property.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
willamina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

we only live 40 mins from lincoln city but enjoy staying at the motel. open the window and enjoy the ocean sound al nite..........recently my aunt and uncle from kentucky stayed a nite and loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!! have eaten at all the food places and have not too much to complain about a lot to choose from ....the slots are fun and you cant win all the time anywhere so with 2 cent choices everywhere it is fun.......also just recently sat nite aug 11 2013 had a flat tire upon leaving and the security came right over and worked hard to get the hub off, lucky for me just happen the car i blocked he knew the trick and a spare on within 10 mins after all the struggle the 2 workers never complained just said our job is customer service so here we are . i want to thank the casino for hiring such great people all through the casino

Room Tip: i have only stayed ocean side and always on 2nd floor good views very happy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Keizer, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We loved it,the room was beautiful,my opinion, looks much nicer in person. I think our room was called a junior suite, room service was awesome,loved the super clean room and soft comfy pillows the bathroom and shower covered with pretty granite,loved the sauna room,2 flatscreen tv ,worth the cost for the beautiful ocean view,we left our balcony door open all night,hearing the waves crash all night,very calming,and awesome!:):) ,loved the native art, bought the $3 coffee mug(it's Better at the Beach) because yes during that weekend Life was definitely better at the beach,and this is a great spot on the Oregon coast to hang out,you can walk right onto the beach,no stairs,shuttle to the casino,anytime,but a short 5 min walk,we enjoyed ourselves so much was hard to fall asleep,so we went to the casino at 3am,had a blast ,came out $190 ahead:) ,plenty of places to shop and eat ,my only suggestion,would love a better quality Coffee and Tea for the junior suite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

They say "it's better at the beach" this is true. The beach is beautiful, but that's where it ends. Stairwells smell of cigarette smoke. The walls between the rooms are paper thin. You can hear everything coming from the rooms next to you.

When I went to check out, the woman at the front desk was helping someone on the phone. When she was done she smiled and asked if she could help me. I handed her the keys and said I would like to check out. She looked at my room number and said " that's odd, I just spoke with someone in your room about a late check out" I assured her that there wasn't anyone in our room. She believed me and proceeded to tell me that some of the phone lines are messed up and she really wasn't sure which room the call came from. Never asked if we enjoyed our stay or if we would be coming back. I believe she knows its run down and is just afraid to hear it from the guests.
This was my first and only time I will be staying here.

• Stayed August 2013
Clackamas Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Chinook Winds is a moderate sized casino with good gaming options. I mostly play the machines and sometimes even come out ahead. I find that I can often play for 2-3 hours on $50. They have big jackpots on things like Wheel of Fortune and Wizard of Oz for those who like multi casino progressives. They have a lot of video poker/keno machines. They are good about getting new machines. I like that I can play nearly any machine for 20 to 50 cents a pop.

The point system is good. For each dollar played you get a point. In the restaurants each point is worth half a cent. I save my points until I get 10000 and then get seventy five dollars cash.

Chinook Winds has bingo, poker, and table games. These are usually not too crowded. My brother often wins at bingo. It is easy to walk down to the beach if your luck is bad. The steakhouse has a great ocean view though the food is just OK.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Chinook Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!