“Nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chinook Winds Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Chinook Winds Casino Resort
You added Chinook Winds Casino Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1501 NW 40th Place, Lincoln City, OR 97367 (Formerly Shilo Inn)   |
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Tualatin, Oregon
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I will start with the positives: it's close to the beach..... and that's about it really. Every time we talked to someone at the front desk, they were not very friendly. If you really do not want your room cleaned, make sure you duct tape that sign to the door. Not only did they clean our room when we specifically left the sign on the door, but they left our door open when they were finished! When my husband went to complain, they didn't seem to care and claimed the wind must have blown the sign off. That still doesn't explain why our door was left OPEN after :-( basically, they didn't seem to give a rats behind. We most likely will not be back. Customer service can make or break an good hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed here during a holiday weekend in one of their "compact casino view" rooms. We were warned in advance that the room was somewhat cramped, so we knew this going into it. Clearly this sort of room is designed for guests who just need a place to crash for a few hours after trying their luck at the casino. No biggie, we just wanted a room for the night.

Unfortunately, the renovations that appear to have been applied to the larger rooms have not been applied here, in any sense of the word. The "compact" rooms must be the red-headed stepchild of the hotel. The walls are thin enough to enable you to hear your neighbors practically whispering, there is no fan or A/C unit, the tub looked like it had seen better days, water pressure is literally non-existant, and the shower did not work. (As in not at all.) The last item caused quite a bit of disappointment in the morning.

We brought the non-working shower to the attention of staff at check-out and didn't get so much as an apology. Without blinking, we were told we should have called the front desk with the problem, since they are open 24 hours. (Wonderful, but we weren't trying to shower the night before, and who checks their shower upon check-in anyway?) After some further prompting and questions by us, they said they would send their maintenance staff up to the room, and *if* it was indeed not working, they would call us and offer an adjustment to our rate. True to their word, they did call us shortly thereafter and offered a small adjustment. We asked to have the matter bumped up to a supervisor, but have not heard back, and don't have high hopes.

To echo another recent poster here, "Never Again".

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

He and my husband recently stayed here. It was fabulous. I love the fact that the beach is right in front of you. We took our dog with us and appreciate the fact that this is a pet-friendly establishment. Our dog loved it. The staff here are so nice and friendly. We got a pet-friendly room with 2 queen beds and loved it. The room was ground floor and you could go outside and sit. This made our 3rd stay here and we would always recommend this place to anyone. It is a place that you can go and just have fun. We did go to the casino and for someone looking for a great gambling experience this place has it. We enjoyed having wonderful food and the buffet was great. We will always go back here and stay. I will never have any complaints about this place it is wonderful.

Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is one of the two places i stay at often when going to Lincoln Beach.
The rooms have been updated and we again got an updated newer room.
I thought the bed was comfortable. I like the down-like comforter with white cover, it's light and gives bedding a classy look. NO disturbing bedspreads...the Room has a microwave and refrigerator, that kept items cold.
We were on the second floor this time and I have to admit, i like the ground floor better as it has a backdoor to the outside communal patio. I could hear people in the other rooms but it did not bother us. I enjoy the hotel restaurant on the water, I thought service was good. I enjoy the buffet, breakfast is the best as i don't like seafood. The casino is fun if crowded on the weekends. I like how you can walk to it from the hotel. I will stay again, i have had no issues with this property.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room with back door to communal patio and great view.
Independence, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went to the coast for a quiet one day get away. A group of friends have tickets to a concert in June at Chinook Winds Casino so I thought I would stay at the resort to see how my group might like staying there in June. I can say that I will NOT stay there again. The walls are way to thin, you could hear people snoring, which I can live with. But when the other neighbors returned at 2:00am intoxicated and extremely loud and continued to be loud and rude till 4:30am, even after being asked multiple times to keep it down, when they wouldn't I couldn't take it anymore and finally checked out at 4:30am. When I checked out and mentioned my dissatisfaction the early morning clerk could have cared less...she mentioned she would let the morning manager know but I have a strong feeling that will never happened. Because I left in such hurry I left my phone charger...stupid me. It has been 3 days and I've left numerous messages for the lead houskeeper to contact me and still nothing. I'm hoping I'm going to get my charger back since the lead at the front desk said it was there and on the list. Overall, I've gotten the run around, had a terrible experience and the customer service was poor. Why stay at a place were they make you feel like an inconvenience rather than a valued customer. And I work for a state agency that uses hotel services frequently....this will not be a recommendation...no A/C unit, the plumbing is poor, the decor was odd and very out dated, bad TV reception,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We feel that we got exactly what we paid for, so no complaints here. Love the beach and casino closeness. The restuarant was good and there was plenty of parking. The plumbing is always bad, but they seem to be working on that problem. We also took advantage of the pool and spa and loved it. They still check-in and out the old wayy, so have your lic# in hand.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites and you won't be disappointed.
Sumpter, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Bathroom and tub in our room took forever to drain. Asked to have it fixed...they came when my husband was dressing and he asked them to come back later..they did not come back. S....we used the bath tub's faucet to brush our teeth, spit in the toilet...wash our face. At night the tub had drained..we used the tub and let it just fill. By morning it did drain..Grrr...So, we started the process over again,.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has had problems with plumbing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chinook Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!