“lame” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
oregon
“lame”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed at cozy cove a week ago and this was the only hotel available in Licoln City at the time. We rented the "suite" for $280. ive stayed in better $50 motel sixes. No cd player or radio. No kitchen. No dvd or vhs. Thirteen inch t.v. There was a jacuzzi but if you like bugs in your water jump right in. Very outdated and WAY too expensive for what they have to offer. And dont get me started on the staff. Your better off ANYWHERE else.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed here the other night ($200!!) and this was no $200 hotel. I would have been ok with paying $80 but only because it had a separate bedroom. It had awful faded forest green carpet, wood panelling, and no kitchen utensils. The place seemed clean but still kinda gave you the feeling that it might not be.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no internet, not attractively furnished
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

My Family and I just returned from our trip to Lincoln City and stayed at the Cozy Cove.. OMG- we had the so called one bedroom with a kitchen room... it has a queen size bed with a pull out couch for the kids... when we pulled out the bed for the kids.. we found someone elses candy wrappers and uneatten food IN THE BED.. the blankets had ciggerette burn holes, I don't think they changed the bed from the last person.. It was gross... also the title was coming up off the floor in the treshhold going into the bathroom, the wall were nasty dirty with I don't know what... the front door jam was barely hanging on, looks as though someone had kicked it in the past.. felt real safe... We paid $151.10 for this room... when I went down to tell "Liz" the owner about it.. the gal at the front desk gave me every excuse as to why the room was the way it was and "Liz" comes and goes and didnt know when she will be in... the front desk gal gave us a $15.00 dollar refund on the room... I had taken pictures of everything and it was just a horrid stay... When we checked in, we supposedly got the last room for a family of 4, then when I let cozy cove know about how NASTY the room was, she tells me that they could of put me in a new room... ummmm I was told I got the LAST room.... I will never ever stay at the COCKROACH bates motel again and I hope noone ever stays at the place it was terrible, dirty and a health hazard... Like I said I have pictures to back up my story!!

Stayed April 2007
Regular Visitor of the Oregon Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

We stayed in Feb, which is off season. We got a full kitchen, wonderful room, and a spectacular view FOR INEXPENSIVE!!!! Beach access a plus! Staff was VERY friendly and accommodating to needs. I would highly recomend this stay! I've found on the Oregon Coast you get what you pay for, but this is a DEAL!!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay long enough.
  • Stayed February 2004
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Corvallis, OR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here for New Year's Eve, paid a premium price for a "Honeymoon Suite", but definitely didn't get what we paid for. While we expected some noise because of the holiday, what we didn't expect was the lack of anybody at the front desk to contact at 10 pm when our drunk neighbors were trying to open the door that would join our rooms. We couldn't get any extra pillows, they were out. Same with towels (we had a jacuzzi room). There were bloodstains on the sheets, and the room wasn't exactly clean or up to date. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Checking in
  • Stayed January 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2007

We just returned from a New Years Eve stay at the Cozy Cove. Cozy. These accommodations are not .We stayed in a courtyard building with a deck overlooking the pool area. There were two bedrooms and one bath. Being December, when we arrived, the rooms were frigid. Turning on the baseboard did little to warm the rooms. We sat for 3 hours huddled on a sofa with our jackets on, waiting for warmth. We then left for dinner. Upon our arrival back after celebrating the New Year, there was some heat.
The beds were not comfortable. The rooms had a very musty smell. Many fixtures are rusted! In the morning after two very brief showers, the water was cold. So two out of the four in our party were unable to shower. The person at the desk asked if we had waited 45 minutes between for the water heat back up! Plus...New carpet and curtains. We are not picky and do not need to stay in a fancy place, but the value for the price we paid was not close to adequate.

• Disliked — There was inadequate heat and there was no hot water for showers
  • Tips/Secrets — Maybe the beachfront rooms were better. Take a look before you stay.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

This is the worst motel we have ever stayed in! We used to come here in the '80's and early '90's and enjoyed it very much. It has a great view, location and excellent access to the beach!

This time we brought our teenaged children and Swiss exchange student. We were so embarassed by the condition of the room! The furnishings were dirty, dated and in poor condition. The carpet was aged, moist and spongy. We made the kids wear sandles at all times in fear of catching a fungus! The bathroom had black grout, the shower door leaked and the toilet was loose. The linens were torn and the blanket on the bed had a cigarette hole. We tried to complain to the front desk, but no one seemed to be around. Finally we got our own blankets from the car. Later, the front desk attendant had the nerve to scold us for using our bathroom towels at the pool and not asking for pool towels! Of course, we were not told that these were available in the first place!

To top it all, the walls were paper thin and our neighbors had small children that one might politely call "screamers!" Also, neighbors on both sides smoked. Although they did have the courtesy to do this outside, the wind blew it right into our room! Lovely!

We will never stay here again. In fact, the health inspector needs to take a look at this place! Yuck!

Been to Cozy Cove Beach Front Resort Inn? Share your experiences!