“Okay - Clean, but over-priced.” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 Northwest Harbor Ave., Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Portland
“Okay - Clean, but over-priced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Ultimately the hotel is reasonable. Initially I was a little put off upon check in, when no one greeted me as I stood at the counter for about a minute. One staff member was on the phone and did not even look up at me. When another host stepped out of the back office, he was quick to assist. I was given a low-down of the hotel's amenities, etc. and asked about video rental. I was quoted $7 and change for two rentals. I was surprised and was glad I had brought my own from home.

The set up from the parking lot looks a little dissapointing; your typical motel-feel with parking outside the rooms, but it is not so bad, although parking is a little scarce.

We booked the smallest of the rooms and while it had a tremendous view and lovely furnishings, I noted some challenges. The sink (outside the bathroom) has almost no shelfing. There is nowhere to put any toiletries and it is right inside the front door. It is nice that there is tile flooring by the sink. The desk area had no free outlet for a computer. It would seem the bathroom area could have been expanded into the room a little more. Door slamming is also an issue. However, we were situated near the stairs and there was little noise disruption. The hotel uses the term 'fitness center' very loosely. They have three machines and no other equipment. I think they should modify their description.

The views and ocean waves were lovely, but my opinion is that the beach area is better for views than actually visiting. I rented the most inexpensive room, and still felt I overpaid. The junior room is probably worth $99/night. I would recommend if the price was discounted.

Finally, the continental breakfast is not too bad, nor the the wine tasting hour.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Beaverton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We went to rest in a hideaway,
In our lovely Coho room we did stay,
For 4 wonderful days the ocean's sound
Our blissful stay did surround.
But came the day we had to pack
'Cause home was calling but we'll be back.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

We were not even going to stay in Lincoln City but when we saw the pictures of the recently renevated Coho Oceanfront Lodge we chose to stay here. The real room was beautiful. It was perfect size. It is only about a 2 minute walk to the beach entrance and the view from the room was amazing. I'd never been to Oregon and it was beautiful. I highly reccommend this hotel. The staff is VERY friendly and anything we needed they were right on. I mean what I say don't look anywhere else!

oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

We were very pleased with our recent stay at the Coho Lodge. We really enjoyed the view and the easy access to the beach and the amazing tidepools. The room was very clean, the bathroom a little on the small side but that wasn't a big deal. I would like to see recycling containers in the rooms to encourage recycling. The breakfast was OK with the exception of the cream cheese being frozen. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

the view was beautiful and the rooms were very nice. also the beds were extremey comfortable. the only thing that went wrong was that the vending machines were turned off, but the problem was resolved.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

The Coho Inn was a real surprise and an absolute pleasure. Our "kids suite" was wonderful. We have a10 year old and 13 year old and they enjoyed the bunk beds and having their own room. We had a patio that faced the beach and I enjoyed spending my morning there drinking wonderful coffee from the french press and watching the waves roll in.

The linens, the furnishings, the staff, the location and the cookies were all perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

My wife surprised me with an evening at the beach for my birthday, and had found the Coho online. Based on the very reasonable price, we pulled up almost in surprise to find a clean, oceanfront hotel. The room was very clean, and had a nicer look and feel than a basic hotel room. It was a very nice place, good breakfast, and friendly staff, though they had newly started selling wine at the counter, and there didn't seem to be much info/knowledge about the wines when I asked.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Coho Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!