“Fabulous stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oregon City, Oregon
“Fabulous stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I tried the coho on a recommendation from a client. She wa absolutely correct about how fabulous this place is. Easily one of (or the) best service I have ever had at a hotel. We stayed in the king sized studio with balcony, and the view was amazing. I really enjoyed the complimentary French press coffee and hot apple cider.

Will definately stay here again next time we take a Licoln City trip.

• Stayed January 2014
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Sara,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! I am so glad you took your clients suggestion to visit The Coho. I am glad we lived up to her word and I hope that you will also pass along the word about us. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service so to hear that we accomplished that is a great compliment to the staff! Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Coho in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Eagle Creek, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I love the Coho. When we come to Lincoln City, this is always our first choice. The entire staff is very friendly and professional. Our bed was very comfortable and we loved the ocean front views. The bonfire is a very nice touch (weather permitting). We have no complaints because we love it here and cant wait to come back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! I'm glad you had time to enjoy our fire pits. It is such a relaxing area to take in the amazing Pacific! Thank you for making us your first choice when traveling to Lincoln City. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your husband back to The Coho in the future!
Seaside, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our lovely children surprised us with a birthday and anniversary celebration at the Coho. The staff were awesome, especially Brandy! The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We loved the oceanfront bonfire setup and covered parking. They served a wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet and provided little things that make a difference, for example: "COHITOS" ice water with fresh mint and lime, complimentary DVDs, and fresh ground coffee. We will stay there again for sure!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Terry,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay with us! It is always wonderful for the staff to get positive feedback. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Brandy! I'm glad you enjoyed some of the many things that make the Coho unique, such as our complimentary Cohitos! Thank your children for us for sending you here for your special occasions! We look forward to seeing you again!
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed for a short weekend getaway.
PROS: 1. Friendly & Helpfull Hotel Staff.
2. Easy Beach access & Great Views.
3. Good clean Pool Area ( Kids enjoyed it).

CONS: 1. Beds were very uncomfortable/not at all plush as advertised. up all night .
2. Little overpriced for accomidations.( Can Stay at Pacific Winds Condo next door for almost same prices or less & they are full condos vs Coho just hotel room).
3. Wifi was terrible could hardly get anything going.
Not sure if I would stay again unless I bring some memory foam for the bed.
4. Carpet in room was not vacumed upon arrival had little pieces of debri on it.

Dear Lexi,

We appreciate you taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not exceptional. We do try to price our hotel competitively with other hotels in the city. Although we do not offer any full condos, we do offer amenities which you can't receive there such as indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, free DVD rentals, fresh ground coffee, fire pits, fresh baked cookies upon arrival, 24 hour customer service, gift shop, and much more.

We are currently working on replacing mattresses in some of our rooms to help with the bed comfort. I apologize for the cleanliness issues as that is not our Coho standard! If you would like to further discuss any of the problems you encountered or have any other suggestions on ways for us to improve, please feel free to reach out to me directly. My email address is Mariah@thecoholodge.com or I can be reached by phone at the hotel at 541.994.3684. Thank you for staying with us and I truly hope you will give The Coho another chance to impress you in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I read beautiful reviews for The Coho so we thought we'd try it out. We wanted the room with a Jacuzzi tub. The room was gorgeous. But what was extremely frustrating was we didn't have hot water for the first five hours of our stay... so no Jacuzzi :-( We talked with the front office three different times and every time we were told to wait an hour and that the wing that had Jacuzzi tubs are on one hot water heater... I'm sorry, but that's not my problem. Telling us in so many words to wait our turn for hot water didn't go over well. They did give us a $10 discount... sadly, not enough to have us return.

Room Tip: Make sure they fixed the hit water issues. Don't forget to request ocean view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. I agree that your situation could have been handled better and I would love the opportunity to speak with you about it directly. I can be reached directly at Mariah@thecoholodge.com or by calling the hotel at 541.994.3684. Until then, I assure you that I have called out a professional to come and take a look at the plumbing to ensure that this does not happen again. Once again, please accept my apologies. I hope that you will give The Coho another chance to impress you in the future.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had a wonderful time at the Coho! Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

The room was amazing, ocean front room with queen bed. Remodeled and very modernized--the most up-to-date I've seen on the Oregon coast. The staff were friendly and helpful and patient in answering my many questions.

The beds could stand to be a little more comfortable, but that would be my only complaint. Room service would have been nice as well, I guess.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean-front room--totally worth it!
Green Features: It was nice that you could choose to save your towels if staying multiple days.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us! We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your suggestions. We are actually currently working on replacing mattresses in some of our rooms to help with our guests quality of sleep. I apologize that we do not have room service but there are a few restaurants in town which do deliver. Sometimes it is nice to have them bring it directly to your room so you don't have to leave the amazing views! We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Coho!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This room was amazing. We had a separate bedroom for my son with it's own tv. The private balcony was beautiful, I would add a table, though. The fireplace was a treat and even though we had a kitchenette, we didn't use it. The breakfast is a real breakfast with actual food, not just pastries. I very highly recommend this lodge. I loved it!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and it was amazing. Only thing I would have changed is to get a room wi...
Green Features: I agree with not washing the towels and sheets daily.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
We appreciate you writing about your recent stay with us and sharing pictures of your visit! It sounds like you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that our breakfast has an excellent selection, including a few hot items. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Coho!

Been to The Coho Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!