“A Gem, A Wonderous Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1635 Northwest Harbor Ave., Lincoln City, OR 97367   |
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Camas, Washington
“A Gem, A Wonderous Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This trip was to celebrate my hubby's birthday - booked online, was amazed to find a pet friendly green hotel with an oceanfront view, terrific price, full breakfast, wonderful people, charming room/facility, and just so much attention to detail. We loved it and we will be back. I highly recommend this sweet hotel/inn to anybody who really treasures an experience with real people who really care. Nicely done, Coho!

Room Tip: All rooms allow you to hear the booming of the ocean waves - haven't slept this good in weeks!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Michele,

We appreciate you staying with The Coho and writing about your recent experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time at the beach! Please wish him a happy birthday from us! We truly do want all of our guests to enjoy their time with us and create everlasting memories! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived and were greeted with warm smiling faces we knew we were going to have a great time. We were lucky enough to enjoy one of the new sunset suites in the adult only section. This was one of the cleanest, most spacious warm and inviting rooms we have ever come across. Comfortable bed, wonderful Jacuzzi tub and shower, and talk about the view. We enjoyed the fire pits in the evening and ended our night relaxing in the hot tub! They also had a great complimentary breakfast in the morning. Thanks for a fabulous stay Coho and being apart of our everlasting memories!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the world! We are so glad that you chose The Coho to be a part of your special occasion! Happy Anniversary! We love that we were able to may your stay with us memorable and relaxing. We hope to welcome you back to The Coho in the future!
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We visited Lincoln city in Thanksgiving weekend. Our stay at Coho was quite pleasant. First of all this hotel got a terrific view. However, they need to specify each of their room clearly. I went there with the idea of having an attached balcony with the room. They have room with the balcony but unfortunately we choose ocean view room that does not have balcony. I had no idea there is a difference when I book my rooms.

I really hate to stay in the down stairs however when we were there they had no room in upstairs. So we had to stay downstairs. The view from downstairs is not obviously as good as the view from upstairs. The fort desk woman told us that we had to call them if we really wanted the upstairs room which we had no idea about and she was not very helpful. However, the other lady (who came next day) was very helpful and she really tried her best to give us a upstairs room. But that did not work. From my experience their service is sporadic and not consistence.

Goods.
The ocean view is really amazing. They have a nice swimming pool and hot tub. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The service is not up to the mark but of the stuff are really helpful and some are not. The complementary wine testing and massage was a bonus.

Bads.
Little bit pricey. You can certainly find better service with the same amount of money in that area. Breakfast was not so great. Customer service is inconsistent and unreliable.

Room Tip: Choose one of their upstairs room with the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at The Coho. I apologize that your experience with our front desk staff was anything less than exceptional. I know that the hotel was busy during the holidays and many people request an upper floor room, but your request should have been handled better. Please let us know any special requests, when booking your reservation. We do try to accommodate all of our guests needs, to ensure they are comfortable. We offer a variety of hot and cold items in our complimentary breakfast, but we would love to hear our guest's suggestions of items to include to improve. You are welcome to contact me at Mariah@thecoholodge.com or by calling the hotel at 541.994.3684.

I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary wine social and free chair massage, along with our indoor pool and hot tub though! Once again, I hope you accept my sincere apologies and give The Coho another chance to impress you in the future.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great stay, great price & great cont breakfast. Checked in with Mary, she was amazing our entire stay. If she isn't a manager she should be. They have kids suites with bunk beds in their own room & video game systems(free game rentals!!). I have never seen this before & was so excited! Ocean view from all rooms.

The only reason I gave the room a 4 instead of 5 is because we couldn't get the heat above 63...so it was very cold. But I should have just called the desk, I'm sure they would have been more than happy to fix.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! I am so glad Mary made such a great impact on your stay with us! She is a wonderful part of our front desk team. I will be sure to pass along your positive words to her. It sounds like you and your family enjoyed the kids suite and our gaming system. Complimentary game and movie rentals is a great perk of staying at The Coho, especially on cold nights on the coast. I apologize that your room was not hot enough during your stay, but as you mentioned, we gladly would have had our maintenance team take a look for you. Once again, we appreciate you writing about The Coho and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was shocked when I seen the rooms. You never know from the pictures how nice the rooms is actually going to be. This place was beautiful, the room was nicer then places I have paid $180 a night.

The pool is also very nice along with the hot tub and sauna. Very clean and beautiful.

The continental breakfast is by far the best continental breakfast I have ever seen, like a Buffett really. A lot of options from fresh fruit to waffles(and the waffles were awesome)!

Lincoln city is very small but very cute. There is an outlet mall and a lot of cute shops. The beach is amazing and the people were very friendly.

My only complaints, the pillows are gigantic! So if you like a smaller flatter pillow defiantly bring your own. I ended up putting a pillow case on one of the throw pillows.
Also either the walls are thin or the people above me had HEAVY feet. I could hear their ever move. Thankfully I was only in the room to sleep!

• Stayed December 2013
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Susie,

We appreciate you writing about your recent stay with us! I am so glad that The Coho was able to impress you! The staff works very hard to make sure our rooms are perfect for our guests. Our waffles are wonderful along with our many other selections for breakfast. Lincoln City, although small, does have a great stretch of beach and a lot of local events and happenings throughout the year!

I apologize that our pillows were too big for you. Next time, let a staff member know and we will be happy to try and find a flatter pillow for you. We want you to be comfortable during your stay with us. If you are ever unable to sleep due to a noisy neighbor, please contact the front desk. We have someone in the office at all times. Thank you again for your review and input! We hope to welcome you back to The Coho in the future!
Portland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Best things: view & staff & kids' room. The staff was very nice and seem to like being there. They have special kids' rooms that worked out well for us, with bunk beds and game system & TV in their room. Good selection of kid friendly movies and some games at the front desk. I think I stayed here before their make over and it is definitely a motel. The rooms are fine, and I appreciate that they are going for a "boutique" feeling, but in the rooms, it is a superficial makeover. Our bed was uncomfortable, as well as the pillows. My spouse liked the room better than I did and thought the view and kid's room made it worth it. Also, I also got a massage on site, which was surprisingly fantastic. Would maybe stay there again.

Room Tip: An ocean front room was worth the expense, better view above the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay from October. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our kid's suite! It offers a great balance of fun for the kids and still having privacy for the adults. It's great that you took advantage of one of our massages in our spa room. This offers another great way for people to relax during their stay with us.

I am sorry that our renovated rooms didn't impress you. We did do a multi million dollar renovation in 2009 on the hotel which included bedding. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our hotel and the services we offer. We are currently working on replacing some of the beds this winter and we have a lot of new, fluffy pillows in the rooms now. If you have any other suggestions for us, I would be glad to hear them! It is with our guest's input that we are able to improve our hotel. I can be contacted at the hotel by calling 541.994.3684 or by email at Mariah@thecoholodge.com. We look forward to another chance to impress you in the future!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to The Coho! The several front desk staff we encountered from the day we arrived until we departed were friendly and professional. It makes a stay at any place more pleasant when the staff consistently greets you with a smile and treats you as welcomed guests. The staff at The Coho certainly serviced us with smiles and made our stay that much more enjoyable. Oh, our kids loved the home-baked chocolate chip cookies awaiting them at check-in. The first thing I noticed when walking into the spacious (much bigger than expected!) suite was the smell. I was expecting a damp smell given that the lodge was located right next to the beach, but the room had a pleasant, clean smell to it. The room looked clean, felt clean, and even the furniture seemed new. Kudos to the cleaning staff. After checking out the room, I stepped out onto the patio and grass area and was blown away by the perched view of the beach/coastline. It was gorgeous to say the least. I could have lounged there for hours, taking in the view and fresh air. The indoor pool and hot tub were enjoyed by the entire family. I must note that the temperature of the pool was heated to perfection. Most heated pools I've entered were not so heated, but this pool was warm and very comfortable to enter. The complimentary continental breakfast was also a hit with the family. There was plenty of variety for the kids and for the adults. The breakfast highlight for me was the make your own waffle maker. Hot off the grill waffles...yummm! During our stay, we were pleasantly surprised over and over, even by the littlest things like a cozy fireplace. Next time we visit the Oregon coast again, we will definitely stay at no other place, but at The Coho. Stay at this place; You won't regret it.

Room Tip: There is a wing of the lodge for adults only.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CohoManager, Manager at The Coho Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Susie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your first stay with The Coho! We do pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and making all of our guests feel welcome. I am so glad that we made your trip better, it means a lot when guests pass on their positive words to the staff! I'm so glad your family enjoyed the many amenities we have to offer at The Coho, including the heated indoor pool and hot tub, complimentary breakfast, spacious oceanfront suites, fresh home baked cookies, and our amazing ocean views! We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!

Been to The Coho Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!