Our family of 4 stayed here over the weekend in one of their kid suites. I was super excited after seeing their reviews online at tripadvisor and their photos on their website. The fact is, this is an old motel remodeled into a nicer looking one that can charge you about $120 more a night. The room is small. Their hardware, electricity circus, heating units and gas pipe (from other reviews) are old and outdated. I am not sure if they passed the safety inspection. The room was extremely hot on a cold and rainy November night. We had the screen door facing the ocean wide open for both nights and still need to keep our blankets off throughout the night.
The hotel is nicely decorated with modern style though. Many reviewers compliment on their French press. It's really just okay. I love coffee and love it strong but they grind their coffee at night so by morning, coffee loses its oil and essences. No amount of French press can revive that. It is however, a nice new twist to the traditional coffee maker. Their breakfast is better than most continental breakfast though. One very big plus about the hotel is their towels, super soft and absorbent.
I do love most of their staffs. They are very friendly and helpful. However, there's one that works during the day, Kristina. She is rude and very unfriendly to little kids. I'm not quite sure what's her problem but she definitely ruin the experiences of our stay.
So, I will only recommend this hotel if you get a good deal, say less than $100 a night. We paid around $169 per night for the kid suite. I'd expect more for that price.
p.s. We were at room 14 which is about 15ft away from the office. Wifi is terrible!!! It's close to none at all.
- Also Known As:
- The Coho Oceanfront Hotel Lincoln City
- The Coho Oceanfront Hotel
- Coho Oceanfront Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coho Oceanfront Lodge in Lincoln City, OR, recently unveiled completion of a multimillion-dollar guestrooms renovation (2009). The Coho offers the warm comforts of a home away from home, and the understated luxuries of a distinguished boutique hotel along the beautiful Oregon Coast. Renovated and repositioned as a fresh, modern retro boutique hotel that captures the beach palette, The Coho bringing alive the coastal flavors. The Coho offers eight different room categories, including studios, family suites, and fireplace suites all with breath taking panoramic ocean front views. All rooms at The Coho include 32” LCD HDTV’s, HD DVD players, iHome iPod docking station, Sealy Posturpedic Plush Supreme Beds, 300-thread count linens, Eco-friendly bath amenities by Archive, and free WIFI Internet access. The Coho also features a heated indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, a fitness center, in-room massages, and free continental breakfast with waffle bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your The Coho Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.